what are you watching today?

red

I refuse to see the new "Funny Games". I have respect for Haneke and I really liked first one as well as 'The Piano Teacher', 'The Castle', and 'Cache' but I just can't understand what is the reason to remake your own (successful) movie after just ten years. I suspect it's for money but who knows. Either way it's lame.

I refuse to see the new "Funny Games". I have respect for Haneke and I really liked first one as well as 'The Piano Teacher', 'The Castle', and 'Cache' but I just can't understand what is the reason to remake your own (successful) movie after just ten years. I suspect it's for money but who knows. Either way it's lame.

I understand where you're coming from, I knew it was a remake but I didn't realize it was shot for shot until I read up on it after watching the movie. Money was probably one of the largest factors, I'm not a big movie guy so I'm unsure of how big a following he previously had in the US but this movie would definitely increase that.

I liked Funny Games enough but there was a few parts that left me feeling like I needed a better idea of what Haneke was attempting to do before I judged it.

I'm pretty sure he has almost zero following in the US so maybe that was his idea with this movie. He is a very talented director and professor of film making so I have a lot of respect but it doesn't seem like he needs money and even if he does he can just make a new movie. You should watch his other films, really worth seeing.

i've been watching channel 11 all day. they've been showing reruns of classic shows like; my favorite martian, i dream of jeannie, the odd couple, honeymooners, etc. because it's their ''60th'' anniversary they even referred to themselves as the old wpix...brings back memories of when i used to watch these reruns as a kid and just now noticing how sharply dressed all these characters were.