what are you watching today?

red

Love Streams | John Cassavetes

Much different from a lot of the Cassavetes films I have seen. It was interesting, but I don't think it affected me in the same way as his other work. I saw this in a darkened projection room on a reasonably large screen - a great way to watch Cassavetes films.

George Washington | David Gordon Green

Surprised that I waited this long to see any of David Gordon Green's films. This was a great first feature from such a young American director. I am a big fan of Terrence Malick, so I was curious to see this as I know Green has mentioned the influence Malick has on his work. Really enjoyed a lot of the cinematography. The performance of some of the 'non-actors' is questionable, but for the most part they were pretty solid and nice to watch. I'm really interested to see his other films.

Shake Hands with the Devil | Peter Raymont

Excellent Canadian doc about the experiences of Romeo Dallaire during the Rwandan genocide. Some incredible scenes - sometimes graphic but pretty powerful and well worth watching.

And your head didn't explode? Go watch some Tom & Jerry, you need balance in your life.

Haha .. when I'm at school I never get to watch films that I'd like to. It's always mindless stuff on the TV. So ... my laptop battery died after having it out of the charger for about 10 minutes and all my downloads went to shit.

Band of Outsiders was about finish, and now I'll have to wait another 4 days. Fuck, I need to get this battery replaced.

Anyway, today I'm going to watch:

Il Conformista (Bertolucci)

8 1/2 (Fellini)

and maybe ... Yojimbo (Kurosawa)

2838967042f10d99019ojb6.jpg

vengeance story about a man captured

imprisoned for 14 years without explanation

then suddenly released to the free world

with only a few days to find out why

such an original storyline, I can't believe it

sounds very very similar to the storyline of 'Oldboy'. Anyway, watching another episode of smallville