superfuture: is it worth it?

Servo2000

iwas thinking of how im SuFu isnt the first site i go on nowadays and was wondering whether to start a thread along these lines but felt im still not quite qualified to say so.

but yeah..you know its done a bit downhill when people are slagging each other off

that thread with the old art guy and the high schooler

thats gotta be an alltime low

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I have noticed the decline in the quality of posts.

I think that there's a few reasons.

1) People are not really contributing anything worthwhile.

It's been like "where can I buy xyz in toronto."

I try to post the inventories of stores like supreme when i can because

I wanna help...

I have a feeling that most of the posters rarely travel to the so-called

"superfuture cities." Hence, they can only ask questions but never answer...

2) I've been reading a lot of japanese fashion mags lately. I can learn more from them than i can from the waywt posts.

3) Instead of phrasing questions in ways that could help the fellow posters answer the questions, people ask stupid shit like "What's the quality of visvim stuff. How is the sizing." They could at least give as a basis of comparison. Like

"How do the visvim tees fit compared to bape tees?"

if we could somehow prevent those "where can i cop" threads in the supershopper subforum, i think it'd be a lot better. in fact there are at least

5 to 6 threads on each page.

my 2 cents

where can I cop said japanese fashion mags? Milspex? Wtaps? duurrrrrrr.....

Seriously though, please do not stop posting on supermarket! Chris, I'm a big fan and you contribute alot to this board. Just enjoy the homophobic hate it's the funniest shit on here ... that and your (tongue-in-cheek) super-elitist replies. But I understand why you might get annoyed with contributing more than you are recieving from the forum.

Christ, you think this is unique to Superfuture?

On every single long running forum across the internet, there is a cycle of around about 2 years in which a veteran starts a topic announcing their departure because the forum has 'gone downhill', everyone either bitches or harks back to a 'golden age', the new people wonder what all the fuss is about, and two months later the veteran who started the topic starts posting again. It's been happening since before SF was even conceived.

I think threads like the photography ones are what makes superfuture a little better, and it needs more of those.

by this point we all know what warp and weft are but as more intrests are shared (such as photography) this place becomes a little nicer.

just as the waywt has had its evolution, mouko stopped posting his nice fits at some point but later with cmf and lowrey for example there was still some new but cool inspirational (for some) things happening.

its simply the cool unknown that makes this site interesting, thats why the name is so appropriate, SUPERFUTURE.

so yeah i hope that some new stuff starts coming along because every second member got his pair of dior homme jeans and no one cares about a 4 month fade anymore.

Christ, you think this is unique to Superfuture?

On every single long running forum across the internet, there is a cycle of around about 2 years in which a veteran starts a topic announcing their departure because the forum has 'gone downhill', everyone either bitches or harks back to a 'golden age', the new people wonder what all the fuss is about, and two months later the veteran who started the topic starts posting again. It's been happening since before SF was even conceived.

No shit.

If you don't like it here, leave. Don't write an essay bitching and moaning about how it was better 2 years ago; don't complain about how "all these newbies" are doing whatever it is they're doing (which of course, is completely insufferable and obnoxious and inconveniences everyone who's been here for over a month).

Nobody gives a shit if features X, Y, and Z of whatever forum you're on don't conform exactly to you're taste. You're not special. You're just another member of many. If you don't like it, you have two choices: try to make it better or leave. If you're going to leave, nobody gives a shit why or when you're leaving. Just don't come back.

(PS: this is a collective "you", not addressed to anyone in particular, just the people who feel the need to express their grievances over meaningless bullshit and pretend like they're important and special.)

Goodbye and good riddance.

No shit.

If you don't like it here, leave. Don't write an essay bitching and moaning about how it was better 2 years ago; don't complain about how "all these newbies" are doing whatever it is they're doing (which of course, is completely insufferable and obnoxious and inconveniences everyone who's been here for over a month).

Nobody gives a shit if features X, Y, and Z of whatever forum you're on don't conform exactly to you're taste. You're not special. You're just another member of many. If you don't like it, you have two choices: try to make it better or leave. If you're going to leave, nobody gives a shit why or when you're leaving. Just don't come back.

(PS: this is a collective "you", not addressed to anyone in particular, just the people who feel the need to express their grievances over meaningless bullshit and pretend like they're important and special.)

Goodbye and good riddance.

Reading back on my post that started this, while I certainly feel that I fall under the umbrella that Minya is pointing out, I think there could be steps taken to at least try to reduce the number of pointless threads. For instance, in Super Denim, the Small Questions thread or whatever seems to be working at least fairly well. I think that putting one in SuperShopper as well could really help eliminate clutter and help people get their questions answered more quickly and not simply get abused, particularly if you insist that their are no posts that do not explicitly answer said questions.

As well, it seems that we could borrow a few other thread ideas from SZ that might eliminate some threads that simply ask a basic question, for instance, the 'yes or no' thread at SZ, which could also be a catch-all for the "this peacoat or this peacoat, what do you guys think' threads.

Just trying to balance out my complaints with suggestions, here, take em' or leave em'

fightclubsoapc10293299jc3.jpg

You are not special. You are not a

beautiful or unique snowflake. You are

the same decaying organic matter as

everything else...

i was just looking at the members list and the join dates i was wondering were the first days just shitty? were wayne and chad just talking amongst themselves, then people with different input came in and changed the landscape. what im trying to say is that change should not always be bad.

i think there is too much hostility

like those black geurillas ^^^

new members show up, try a few pictures in wywt and then they get their asses kicked by everyone before they know the ins and outs of this place

they are already hating the supergods of this board

ive noticed a trend in new members

being all like fuck cheap, fuck cult, fuck chris

mainly the members whos names start with C,

but its like the second they arrive here

they recieve and ass kicking

and from then on after wards they

join the group of people with nothing

better to do than bitch about cultpop

i jsut took a glance at honest forum

while their idea of a good outfit may differ

its all fucking love over there

every other post (from the 10 minutesi was reading wywt)

is all like, i love you, your so hot, man those look great, i love you

why can they get along and we cant?

i think there is too much hostility

like those black geurillas ^^^

new members show up, try a few pictures in wywt and then they get their asses kicked by everyone before they know the ins and outs of this place

they are already hating the supergods of this board

ive noticed a trend in new members

being all like fuck cheap, fuck cult, fuck chris

mainly the members whos names start with C,

but its like the second they arrive here

they recieve and ass kicking

and from then on after wards they

join the group of people with nothing

better to do than bitch about cultpop

i jsut took a glance at honest forum

while their idea of a good outfit may differ

its all fucking love over there

every other post (from the 10 minutesi was reading wywt)

is all like, i love you, your so hot, man those look great, i love you

why can they get along and we cant?

I'm new, and therefore not a SuperGod, but this guy is on the right track. We need a SuperLovingFuture.