RRL coming soon!!!!

blake

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a RRL store in Malibu already.. I wonder how's it's going ot be..

I think that store has been there for a little while now. When I first moved to LA 3 years ago, there was a RRL store on third st, just 2 blocks from South Willard. I thought the Malibu store opened not long after that store closed.

I just went to HTC. Saw a slim model with no back pocket design, denim was rigid and didn't impress. The Straight model definitely felt nicer, but had the back pocket stitching. I tried the straights on, the rise felt really high for some reason.

I just went to HTC. Saw a slim model with no back pocket design, denim was rigid and didn't impress. The Straight model definitely felt nicer, but had the back pocket stitching. I tried the straights on, the rise felt really high for some reason.

PG2G, I'm curious as to why you weren't impressed with their rigid denim; only because I was really impressed with it, so perhaps I'm ill-informed. I liked its new semi-slubbiness, as opposed to the old hairiness. The denim felt certainly equivelent to Nudie's Dry Selvage at least in its quality and construction, but I prefer the color of the RRL, which is a more vivid blue, as opposed to Nudie's near-navy.

I went to the RRL store at the Malibu country mart today. The store itself is very impresively done, and invokes the rock n' roll hippie culture of the local environs, as much as it does the western image of the brand. It all felt very excessive (typically-Malibu) but I saw their point. They also offered one-wash options for all of the styles that were also offered in raw, as well as the distressed washes. Sadly, no still no odd sizes, which sucks because the slim style runs big in the waist.

PG2G, I'm curious as to why you weren't impressed with their rigid denim; only because I was really impressed with it, so perhaps I'm ill-informed. I liked its new semi-slubbiness, as opposed to the old hairiness. The denim felt certainly equivelent to Nudie's Dry Selvage at least in its quality and construction, but I prefer the color of the RRL, which is a more vivid blue, as opposed to Nudie's near-navy.

I guess I had just heard so many people talk about the quality of the denim in the RRL, but when I touched the, they just didn't feel like anything special. Its not that they were bad or anything.

I guess I had just heard so many people talk about the quality of the denim in the RRL, but when I touched the, they just didn't feel like anything special. Its not that they were bad or anything.

Have you seen any of the older/original pairs in person? You'd probably change your mind.

I got 3 pairs of the old kind

plain back pockets

greenline selvage

slim boot cut and HAIRY denim

I love them and I am very glad I got them before they got scarce. I can't find any on ebay now.

just checked, There are a few left, but not many and the sizes are huge

Amen. I should have bought more last year. One seller seemed to have an endless supply...until this past fall.

some help for a few questions people have

Denim is from Japan and manufactured in the good ol US and A (Kentucky)

back pocket details are distinguished by the fit...aka it is different depending on the model. bootcut and straight have two different back pocket details while the slim has no back pocket detail.

that is it for now. More details to come in the future.

• 4 months later...
No, I have never seen the older ones. Were they rigid too?

Shit, I'm late on this reply. Should have given me a headsup on the other SF.

The older gens weren't very starchy at all which is partly why my pairs were so hard to break in, especially as far as combs are concerned.

went there yesterday and said it will be here in 2 weeks or less.. at blake

Can't believe Blake doesn't have them in stock yet. I checked the new gen while I was at HTC in May. Didn't try anything on but as other have noted the denim is now very APC but with better details. I'm not sure I'd pay retail, but at APC's retail price (around $140) I'd say they're a pretty good deal.

HTC, btw, is having a sale on them right now. :D

Blake update

They will be getting the fall shipment of RRL. All the new models of denim plus the clothing and accessories

four fits, three washes

sometime in the next few weeks

plus extras (RRL booklet explaining the jeans, materials, production, etc...)

cheers!

ps. HTC got an early shipment

• 2 weeks later...

o.k.

so we recieved five different styles today and I have to say it is even more beautiful than i could have imagined. I saw the samples and sometimes they do not come out the same way, but these did. We have two straight legs, one slim rinse and two slim boots. The interesting thing is that even the slim boots are really just straight legs. You have to come see for yourself. I had mike (another s.f.er) try them on and the fit and overall quality is amazing. I have some technical details in a packet in the store if you are interested and am waiting for some more info to come. I think even the most critical denim customer will be impressed. Please email any questions you have. We also recieved some tees( with no side seams) and one button down. also a couple of belts and some selvedge wallets and some leather ones. come and get it!