blue in green visit

blake

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^you not talkin'a me bish righ?

not really, but really if you feel the need to psychoanalyze why a SA doesn't want to be your best friend in life, and then complain behind their back on an internet forum, c'mon. get over it. I haven't been in BiG in a year or so now, but have always had a pleasant experience with all Gordon, the girl, and the "black guy" that works there.

^truth. yeah, im defending the guy. i just see how he could rub some the wrong way, all in all ive never had any experience with another retail shop as caring and helpful as BiG, as employee or customer

dino might! has terrible customer service. TRUE STORY.

lamao

I'm gonna be droppin by saturday or sunday. I'm hitchin a ride with my friend's band from baltimore to NY. It sounded like an easy way to have some fun and drop off my s5000s i bought from them to be hemmed. I've only been there once before and noriko was very helpful. nobody else said anything to me, but its not like I was tryin to be best buds with anyone.

• 2 months later...

some pics from Betty Smith Jeans museum. I had a nice day in Kojima in October 2008...

2s62feu.jpg

311o26x.jpg

2ic2yr6.jpg

f5c7rd.jpg

2u7q460.jpg

Whoever goes to Kojima, shall check out the indigo fields in Tokushima prefecture. I did not manage time wise, and deeply regret (frustrated, I bought 2kg of polygonum tinctorium seeds, to grow myself)

• 10 months later...

sorry for bringing up this old thread, but wasnt sure if this warranted a new one altogether.

has anyone purchased the BiG chinos yet? i handled these in the store and they are very nicely put together. not as unique as the jungle cloth, but also half the price. unlike the jeans, this isnt a collabo with PBJ. i think the guy there said it was with Oni.

http://thevitamine.blogspot.com/2010/02/blue-in-green-chino-trouser.html

big_chino_patch.jpg

• 5 months later...

^+rep. Thanks for the article. With all the talk about Gordon on this forum he has an almost mythical status. It's good to hear his thoughts on the Japanese denim industry. Hope I can make it to BiG in person soon...

Man, I've been to BiG maybe 10 times, and the same guy has helped me every time. Super cool guy -- so nice that I feel like a dick if I leave the store without buying something. Now that I've read through this thread, though, I'm beginning to wonder if I've been calling the guy by the wrong name. I thought he introduced himself as Jin. He's the really skinny Japanese guy who wears glasses and has a mustache, usually has a hat on.

Is that Johnny? Shit, now I feel like an even bigger dick. I've bought one pair of jeans in my 10 visits there, and I've been calling him by the wrong name the whole time.

sorry for bringing up this old thread, but wasnt sure if this warranted a new one altogether.

has anyone purchased the BiG chinos yet? i handled these in the store and they are very nicely put together. not as unique as the jungle cloth, but also half the price. unlike the jeans, this isnt a collabo with PBJ. i think the guy there said it was with Oni.

http://thevitamine.blogspot.com/2010/02/blue-in-green-chino-trouser.html

big_chino_patch.jpg

i got some:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=2344927&postcount=314

• 2 weeks later...
^Sure would like to know who makes the denim/overall construction for them...Funny that Gordon decided pretty much all the details that I would want in my standard jean....Not sure how I feel about the patch though!

i actually have a pair on the way to me right now... talked to G about them a little, and he wouldnt let me know the name of the factory he is using, but it is not any kind of collaboration with another company... he is working direct with the factory to get them made.

ill post some pics up as soon as they come in.

I just made my first stop in yesterday. I told the salesperson what I was looking for and within about thirty seconds had five pairs of jeans to try on (two of which looked beautiful, but, then, I looked at the price tag and was afraid I might trade my rent money for jeans. I went in looking for a pair of raw jeans and wound up getting sold on a pair of one-rinse Left Fields. (Whatever, I figure; they're amazing, hardly laundered, dark as hell, and they'll wear in just as well if not better than raws.) Basically, they found the perfect pair of jeans for me.

They hemmed (beautiful) on-site within an hour. My only regret that I was in too much of a hurry to chat more. If you're anywhere near lower Manhattan it's totally worth it to poke your head in.

aha! so thats where the money was going...;)

Really looking forward to your impressions/pictures of them once they arrive! I'll pester you to update, I'm sure...

i actually have a pair on the way to me right now... talked to G about them a little, and he wouldnt let me know the name of the factory he is using, but it is not any kind of collaboration with another company... he is working direct with the factory to get them made.

ill post some pics up as soon as they come in.

first impressions...

these jeans are fucking awesome!!!!

ive never seen jeans lose this much indigo in a hot soak, and then be so dark after.

details are great... love the two tone stitching, plain rivets, and donut buttons.

fit is almost perfect, tho i think they could use about another half inch on the back rise.

did i say these are fucking awesome?!?!?!

fit pics:

dscf6695.jpg

dscf6696.jpg