skinny jeans dead?

i was reading JANE magazine just a moment ago

they had a little blurb titled "FEED YOUR SKINNYs"

kate moss [credited for the recent skinny-jeans-mania] has done a 180; was spotted wearing high-waisted jeans with full stovepipe legs.

see you in supermarket!

please see awesome court rendering below!

[you can almost make out her nipples!!!]

untitled0uh4.png

Overly high-waisted denim have been big in Sydney all this year for girls. High-waisted anything really.

Lee even did a high-waisted program - that didnt particularly take off though. Most opting for vintage when it comes to denim it seems.

However i think Skinny fits are a mega trend that will ultimately outlast almost anything else that comes in for women. Especialy concidering far less women can pull of the 70's inspired styles and look 'good'. Although there are alot of chicks who shouldnt wear skinny jeans either. Muffin top anyone?

^ not at all, would rather have my heart penetrated by a rusty meathook

or wear one of those nice bear trap necklaces that "jigsaw" makes in the SAW movies.

Yeah, high waists have been touted as the S/S07 essential jean for some time... Kate Moss has been seen in both skinny high waists and stonewash flares. Meaning it's less a death of 'skinny' and more a death of the much longer running low rise trend for the time being... Still, Lindsay Lohan has already been pictured wearing the same Chloe jeans as Kate Moss on denimology.co.uk, and a lookalike is already on sale in Topshop, so it looks like it's going to be the new retarded women's trend in place of the horrible city shorts/legging combo of the last year.

Still, both girls and guys should just stick to wearing stuff that flatters them rather than what's 'fashionable'. My girlfriend is a pretty much perfect hourglass, and quite rightly has entirely shunned the skinny trend and stuck to wearing bootlegs, and the amount of hipster idiot guys with thighs twice the size of mine trying to pull off skinny denim has reached breaking point lately.

and the amount of hipster idiot guys with thighs twice the size of mine trying to pull off skinny denim has reached breaking point lately.

Oh. the. nightmares...

I go through nightmare every day, living in Williamsburg. Sigh.

^^^ exactly. i bike everywhere, so the only thing i could do to get my thighs any less muscular would be to stop going places.

[mid-high-school temper tantrum] are you telling me i can't go out? you can't do that! you're not even my real dad!! i hate you!!!! [/run to room and slam door, put on emo at top volume, cry]

Slim jeans will allways looks better with a blazer than fuller cut jeans, they just look smarter, and I like slim cuts because my feet are'nt too big and I dont like standing on my jeans. Also, ( and I know im going to sound gay ) I quite like how my pbjs hug my thighs, I have an athletic body so why not? That said I dont like "skinny" jeans, they look a bit trendy and I dont like seeing mens calfs bulging through the denim as well as their thighs. I hear what your saying about Huge thighed guys in "skinny" jeans, I think pbjs look ok because they're straight almost bootcut ( ever so slightly ), but I think heavily tapered cuts with bulging thighs are not too flattering. Cultpop pulls it off because he has a bit of attitude but otherwise I think it just makes people look stout and short....

• 3 weeks later...

actually, the jeans that kate moss wore weren't stove pipes. they were full flairs, pretty much bell bottoms.

people are just catching on to skinny jeans in the mainstream, so i don't think it's gonna be out of style yet.

it's funny, i was just thinking of how different jean fits go well with certain styles of clothes. i tried on a vintage 3/4 length black leather car coat the other day. i couldn't figure out why it didn't look good on me from the waist down, even though it looked fine from the waist up. i realized it's because i was wearing my PBJ xx-005's. for a 70's style big-lapel jacket, you need to rock a decent size flair. for skinny jeans, a perfecto style jacket looks great, of course.

I don't think skinny jeans are done... At least not for women. I feel tapered skinny jeans for men are too much of a trend that has been played out by a few different "groups", but a slim straight cut is always going to work. I personally am one of those guys who has "athletic" thighs, a better definition would be truely muscular, so I've gone through a few fits and found that a fit around the LVC 47' 501 is as slim as I should go. Personally, I know that true tapered skinny jeans won't work for me because of the size of my legs, I do like a slightly slim straight leg cut because it evens out the thigh and calf part of my legs.