My unwashed selvage diesels

blm14

But occasionally it's nice to wear something different.

I've only just started wearing raw denim so i don't have any pairs that look thrashed and worn yet. I still go back to wearing my old pre-distressed jeans or khaki's just for a change once in a while. However that normally lasts for like a day max then i go back to the raws :P.

But yeah it's nice to wear something different other than just plain dark blue once in a while.

Thing is, if I want pre-washed jeans, I much rather buy cooler brand like Acne (amazing fits and good washes), R&B (incredible quality) or even Earnest Sewn (realistic washes and good fit) than Diesel.

Sorry, it's just my opinion, but for the price current Diesel is very mediocre. However thumbs up if you owned any of the 70-90s stuff.

I have a couple of pairs of earnest sewns which I like a lot. Acne jeans are made for skinny boys - I'd look goofy in them...

I own a bunch of 90's diesel but most of those I got before I knew how to take care of jeans and they've been thru the dryer so many times they're all but falling apart. :)

218869001_62b2041e86.jpg

are those lvc 646 i see? far left third row? whats the denim like on those?

Wow, good eye! Yea those are the 646 big E repros. They were really stiff when I got them but they softened up quite a bit. They arent getting wear very quickly at ALL which is actually OK with me because I'd like to keep them dark and simple if at all possible.

Here's some more pix from a pair in 30x32 that I purchased for resale. Last winter they were on sale at barneys for $80:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16458870@N00/sets/72157594241150039/

Thing is, if I want pre-washed jeans, I much rather buy cooler brand like Acne (amazing fits and good washes), R&B (incredible quality) or even Earnest Sewn (realistic washes and good fit) than Diesel.

Half-agree. Acne washes are incredible, IMO, very subtle and authentic. A lot of Earnest Sewn washes that I see are overdone with too much distressing.

But this pair of Diesel's, in Japanese denim, I think is perfect. I'm looking for my size, and it's usually found cheap. There's a little bit of classic fashion in the Diesel coin insignia, and just the simple red "D" on the back. I would also kill the boot cut but that's just me.f

ill diesels:

http://www.authenticforum.com/mens-denim-pants/7363-bnwt-diesel-zathan-83l-29x32-japanese-denim-fits-w30-31-a.html

Half-agree. Acne washes are incredible, IMO, very subtle and authentic. A lot of Earnest Sewn washes that I see are overdone with too much distressing.

But this pair of Diesel's, in Japanese denim, I think is perfect. I'm looking for my size, and it's usually found cheap. There's a little bit of classic fashion in the Diesel coin insignia, and just the simple red "D" on the back. I would also kill the boot cut but that's just me.f

ill diesels:

http://www.authenticforum.com/mens-denim-pants/7363-bnwt-diesel-zathan-83l-29x32-japanese-denim-fits-w30-31-a.html

Oh yeah, zathan 83L. Japanese stretch denim in a superdark streaky wash. I always hit myself for not getting those for $80 when I had the chance...

That pair of raw (they were, right??) Zathans on ebay looked pretty sweet to me. Just my size too.

As far as the disdain for prewashed jeans... as with anything, there are tasteful pre-faded/distressed jeans, and then there are gaudy/retarded pairs that overdo everything (oh god, i went through that phase). I think that a pair of jeans that have a good cut can look really good with a faded wash and a few tastefully minor distressings (pocket fraying, unobvious abrasions). A cool wash can never make up for a crappy fit, though. And that applies to dry denim as well.

That pair of raw (they were, right??) Zathans on ebay looked pretty sweet to me. Just my size too.

As far as the disdain for prewashed jeans... as with anything, there are tasteful pre-faded/distressed jeans, and then there are gaudy/retarded pairs that overdo everything (oh god, i went through that phase). I think that a pair of jeans that have a good cut can look really good with a faded wash and a few tastefully minor distressings (pocket fraying, unobvious abrasions). A cool wash can never make up for a crappy fit, though. And that applies to dry denim as well.

Agreed about the fit thing. And that's what's ALWAYS dissuaded me from buying any hardcore raw denims - so many of them just have weird fits. One thing I can't STAND is having the crotch really low (hard to walk) or wearing my jeans super low (cant sit down without exposing the ass) which is why I didnt buy any until I found nudies which actually fit well for me. I'm gonna give these PBJs a chance - I hope they fit coz I dont know what I'd do with $225 store credit at BiG heh

Zathans were the only recent diesels that i liked, but I never saw them go on sale. They are also probably the only bootcut that I would still consider buying.

Still, as a collector I can appreciate your collection, but damn you could get rid of at least 1/3 -1/2 of your diesels and I bet no one would notice. They are so similar. And for some reason I wanna slap any man who wears Rock and Republic or Citizens of Humanity. They all look like a dude who blew his first real-job paycheck on mall jeans. No offense.

What pairs do you wear the most often?

Zathans were the only recent diesels that i liked, but I never saw them go on sale. They are also probably the only bootcut that I would still consider buying.

Still, as a collector I can appreciate your collection, but damn you could get rid of at least 1/3 -1/2 of your diesels and I bet no one would notice. They are so similar. And for some reason I wanna slap any man who wears Rock and Republic or Citizens of Humanity. They all look like a dude who blew his first real-job paycheck on mall jeans. No offense.

What pairs do you wear the most often?

My issue with rock and republic is actually that they use extremely low-quality denim and I'm not a huge fan of swarovsky crystals on my ass. I actually like some of their fits and washes but I've seen a LOT of ladies on honestforum complain about R&R jeans ripping in two on the first wear.

Citizens of humanity for me the problem is just boring cuts and washes. Same way I feel about seven. Relatively low quality denim, prices WAY too high for what they are, and then they only have like 2 or 3 cuts for guys. I own one pair of seven bootcut cords which I bought to be able to wear to work for $40 on sale at barneys...

Zathans occasionally turn up at the diesel outlets as well as at nordstroms rack. Of course if you wear anything smaller than waist 30 you're probably stuck and will have to buy them at full price or used.

I probably wear my one-wash bootcut shazors, my yokees 81W (the green pair), and my xrotuck 796s the most (not a HUGE fan of the pockets but LOVE the cut). I readily admit I could get rid of a bunch - some I have 2 identical pairs, and I have others in identical washes but it pains me to think of ditching any of them... :)

Haha, it's such a concidence.

Those were the only zathan I had, unfortunately the stretch denim caused the waist to become retarded big, and I gave them to a friend. I believe it was sold in 2003-2004?

Ok, I can concede that Diesel does make some cool stuff from time to time. This year's Thanaz is tastefully done as well.

This is why I really like diesel - they generally do have something for everybody even if they make a lot of things that some people find way too garish or over-the-top. For instance, I suspect a lot of people on here would like the trouleg cut, which is a slim kind of trumpet-leg bootcut (the flare part begins well below the knee):

troulegpocket.jpg

troulegbutton.jpg

A couple of seasons ago they also had a REALLY stiff comfort overdied raw indigo jean (83D) which I think people here would have liked. They produce SO many cuts/washes every year it's stilly to write off the whole brand, esp with the quality of stuff they produce.

^^ those diesels are fucking dope. know anyplace that carries that wash? The zathans that i have are pretty sweet, except the waist is a little too big (damn you vanity sizing!) but the wash is really nice and subtle, sort of like a reverse-whiskering on the front, the fit is great though, even with the slightly-too-big waist.

Citizens of humanity for me the problem is just boring cuts and washes. Same way I feel about seven. Relatively low quality denim, prices WAY too high for what they are, and then they only have like 2 or 3 cuts for guys. I own one pair of seven bootcut cords which I bought to be able to wear to work for $40 on sale at barneys...

Completely agree. I see tons of people wearing 7s and COH and they look very fucking ordinary. No justification for the huge price tage. I do like the seven cords though.... what color did you get them in? you did well to get a pair at 40 bucks.

This is why I really like diesel - they generally do have something for everybody even if they make a lot of things that some people find way too garish or over-the-top. For instance, I suspect a lot of people on here would like the trouleg cut, which is a slim kind of trumpet-leg bootcut (the flare part begins well below the knee):

troulegpocket.jpg

troulegbutton.jpg

A couple of seasons ago they also had a REALLY stiff comfort overdied raw indigo jean (83D) which I think people here would have liked. They produce SO many cuts/washes every year it's stilly to write off the whole brand, esp with the quality of stuff they produce.

those are pretty interesting. every season they seem to have at least one really cool style (right now i dig the raw/stretch thanaz) but in general their asthetic is too flashy and overdone for my tastes. quality is way above the seven, true relig, "premium masses though for sure. i have had a few pairs over the years that were incredibly tough to bust.

^^ those diesels are fucking dope. know anyplace that carries that wash? The zathans that i have are pretty sweet, except the waist is a little too big (damn you vanity sizing!) but the wash is really nice and subtle, sort of like a reverse-whiskering on the front, the fit is great though, even with the slightly-too-big waist.

Completely agree. I see tons of people wearing 7s and COH and they look very fucking ordinary. No justification for the huge price tage. I do like the seven cords though.... what color did you get them in? you did well to get a pair at 40 bucks.

They sell that particular one (it's called trouleg) at all three flagship diesel stores in NYC and it was a part of the S/S 07 preview shipment so it's likely that a LOT of stores have them.That particular wash I posted is stretch too so you can size down a bunch and have them be really tight.

There's also a REALLY slim cut this season called safado:

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?itemID=26065&itemType=PRODUCT&iMainCat=163&iSubCat=165&iProductID=26065

And I've seen pix of what looks like a raw yarik as well. This season diesel has been moving towards a lot of simple mature dark one-wash or close-to-raw denims which are really nice. They've been putting out a lot of jeans in the 88z (http://www.ssense.com/product.php?id=1213&brand=34) wash, and 8aa and 8ab are also figuring highly and those are both dark one-wash looking denims.

here's the trouleg in 8AA:

http://img2.store.yahoo.co.jp/I/dropin_1926_67075197

and here's some closeups of the new safados:

http://www.honestforum.com/diesel/83651-better-safardo-pics.html?highlight=safado

Anyways, never discount diesel. Their jeans are REALLY well constructed and generally use extremely high quality denim. I will always love my clerby 82L which is a japanese 2x1 stretch denim:

http://images.google.com/images?q=clerby%2082L&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&sa=N&tab=wi