Butter stain?

notesee

I managed to get fuckin popcorn butter on my APC's the other night, and I got most of the smaller stains out with just cold water but there is one stain that I just can't seem to get out. Is there anyway to remove it without doing a full wash?

I've only had my APCs since August and didn't want to wash em just yet, the stain isn't too noticable for other's because the spot's just a little darker than usual. But it's starting to annoy the hell outta me. Any suggestions?

ooo goop is petro-D i think - the orange smelling solvent ..

might reak havoc on denim .. test it on the underside of the leg hem or something to see what happens ..

Since butter is greasy I would think vinegar might work somewhat ..

Or use an enzyme pre-treater let it sit awhile .. Once again - test how that effects raw denim first somewhere inconspicuous ..

Uh you guys hear of dish detergant and it's grease cutting action? Use dishsoap, I have taken out many oil stains from clothing and denim with dishsoap. If you are really concerned about "wreaking havok' use an organic dish soap (but they suck and don't cut grease) or you could try Dr. Bronner's Eucalyptus soap it I have heard ti cuts grease. My advice is a spot of sunlight and some water and just spot wash it. But don't go too hard or you may end up trading your oil stain for a fade spot. You could just leave it, i have had some oil stains just fade away after time.

• 1 month later...

Excuse me while I turn into a sarcastic asshole for a second:

"Waaaaah, I got something on my jeans. I want to wash them but I don't want to wash them! What do I do?"

*ahem*

I've had baby piss, baby puke, my own piss, alcohol of all varities, mounds of all-purpose flour, bread flour, Cheeto dust, BUTTER, and various other horrible things on my jeans. It's character. If you can stand not washing your jeans for an indefinite period of time, you can deal with some effing butter.

That is all. :P

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

Exactly what diewhitegirls said, my APCs have had some horrific shit put onto it, including the most disgusting mix of alcohol in the history of alcohol (bacardi, jack daniels, absolute vodka, jose cuervo, and cranberry juice, everyone threw up) and they still came out sick as fuck, so keep the butta on your jeans. Unless you want to be a puss about it.

Exactly what diewhitegirls said, my APCs have had some horrific shit put onto it, including the most disgusting mix of alcohol in the history of alcohol (bacardi, jack daniels, absolute vodka, jose cuervo, and cranberry juice, everyone threw up) and they still came out sick as fuck, so keep the butta on your jeans. Unless you want to be a puss about it.

for some reason, grease bothers me a lot more than something like alcohol or anything else water related. water and alcohol will eventually wash out, but grease won't necessarily wash out with detergent....so when you have this sweet fade later on, you might have a huge blotch of grease mixed in as well.

for some reason, grease bothers me a lot more than something like alcohol or anything else water related. water and alcohol will eventually wash out, but grease won't necessarily wash out with detergent....so when you have this sweet fade later on, you might have a huge blotch of grease mixed in as well.

And then you'll have the dope jeans with the butter stains on them! Butter stains will be the new sea-wash.

for some reason, grease bothers me a lot more than something like alcohol or anything else water related.

I'm the same way, I hate grease stains. I'd rather have a bleach spot or a small hole, than a grease stain. And that's on any article of clothing, not just denim. Actually, the worst is a grease stain on a black T-shirt. Hate that.

dr bronner's soap suds. i was watching a movie and the same fucking thing happend to me, took it to the dry cleaner they fucked up my jeans, so i just used dr bronner's a little rub, and it's completely gone...shit is magic

thanks thanks.

but i dont think i can get any of that shit in singapore.

btw, diewhitegirls fuck you.

i've been wearing them joints for a year, skating, clubbing, and alot ALOT more shit; but im not about to agreeably have a fist sized oil stain patch at my crotch. so please, dont tell me im a puss cos having a permanent dark patch where your cock lies just looks like perpetual premature ejaculation.

dick.

After reading this thread I can smell butter......sorry if that sounds crazy had too many coors lites and only had 2 and half hours o sleep.....

later gotta go to work :(