Fav non-dry?

Jay-

If you were to go with a pair of jeans that wasn't raw dry selvage, what would you go for?

I'm just asking this because I love denim, and I love the whole concept of dry denim that you work in yourself, but I'm not quite sure if I'm ready for that...

I've never had a pair of dry denim yet, but my fav. pair of denim are my Deisel Zathans.

you seem to be making loads of threads man, this is a good question though.

Some of the howies jeans are eco ball or hand brushed an leave a nice subtle finish.

I quite like some edwin washes ( didnt they invent the sandwash ??? ).

To be honest I prefer one wash or raw, i dont like the thigh fades being too long or short or the honeycombs sitting over my achilles.

Either Rogan or Sugarcane.

Rogan always has new and inventive ways of going about releasing hard washed jeans, and also Sugarcane Okinawa Hardwash, hands down the nicest hardwash i've ever seen...

PG2G, bespoken? they are nice but too pricey.

Here's an example of the 45rpm, though they look way cooler in their column than they do in the online stores. Its called their barn finished denim.

169ri6.jpg

They don't look nearly as cool on either the Japanese or American websites though. Perhaps they sell differing levels of distressting?

US store:

http://www.rby45rpm.com/shopping/show_product.php?product_ID=36/Sorahiko+Barn+Denim

Japanese store:

http://www.45rpm.jp/shop/goods/goods.aspx?goods=5076903

do i even have to really say??????

well for those of you who dont know, True Religions, they are pretty.

True religions look good on girls. But otherwise, IMO, are overpriced. And they're pretty gaudy to boot.

I like to rock a select few pairs of Lucky jeans. Some are really nice, if you stay away from the trendy RIPS RIPS AND MORE RIPS styles. They overdo the distressing sometimes :o

True Religion looks ridiculous on anyone. Lucky is really, really crappy. They charge high end prices for denim that makes the Gap look like Dior. Cuts are nice and the stores are really pleasant to be in, but that doesn't really make their jeans suck less. Diesel just bores me to death.

In terms of pure quality, 5EP is probably doing the best washed denim right now, but their high rise cuts and unforgiving prices have kept me away. So I guess I'd go with Earnest Sewn, because just about all other washed denim looks like crap to me.

Lucky is really, really crappy. They charge high end prices for denim that makes the Gap look like Dior. Cuts are nice and the stores are really pleasant to be in, but that doesn't really make their jeans suck less.

I usually buy Luckies for 35 bux, so i figure im getting my money's worth. Interesting washes are hard to come by for luckies.

While everyone is bitching... 7 For All Mankind jeans are complete shit. Uninteresting washes, barely decent cuts, crap construction...