removing a security tag

poly800rock

take a look at this little write up.

http://blog.andrewwatters.com/tag/

also check out this auction. this is the type of magnet you could use... discrete and powerful.

http://cgi.ebay.com/6-Neodymium-Magnets-3-4-x-1-2-inch-Disc-N48-Rare-Earth_W0QQitemZ160053074496QQihZ006QQcategoryZ53142QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i used to pop these off with my bare hands all the time when i used to steal from urban outfitters regularly.

feel free to hammer it off, or pry it off with pliers.

What a classic comment :)

Get a pair of siccors and put them between the tag kinda like you were trying to cut the pin off...gently rock your hand back and fourth w/ some pressure and it should snap off. When I was a little younger I worked in a clothing store and learned how to take stuff like that off and walk out w/ ease.

I love how this thread has turned into the "everything you need to know to steal from UO thread."

We should have another thread devolve into "everything you need to rip off Dior Homme boutiques."

(Why Dior Homme, you ask? Beacuse their shit is overpriced, cheap, and they're owned by a gigantic fashion monolith. Also, their clothes are sexy.)

so i got it off. used a lighter to burn through the bubble part and the just used pliers to manhandle the inside apart. the inside was a white plastic which the other side was attached to. I broke this plastic by force of the pliers and it slid out. don't know how you guys just "bare hand" force it off, but it worked. hope to never have to deal with a situation like this again. thanks for the help ya'll.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

This thread should be stickied. I used a lighter to burn the rounded top part, 10 secs heating it up, then scraped it off with a screw driver while the plastic is still sticky, The spring and whatever mechanism inside poped up. Done in less than 30 secs!

i got my security tag off using a nutcracker. It works just mutilate the damn tag with the nutcracker. once you get to the metal parts just get those 3 little silver balls out of the circle area and the thing will fall apart and your done. i've used this method on an uppercut jacket that had 3 of these damn things (online store) and a uniglo hoody.

It really not that complicated to use pliers and all that most of those tags will come off with a rubber band when tags would get stuck and the sensor remover wouldnt work we`d use the rubber band trick easy, free, and works

Please enlighten me more on this rubber band trick, I read the how to but I can't picture how such small object be so strong do the trick, plus there wasn't any rubber band lying around at the time.