Hova In Samurai's?

sriracha hot sauce

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"No, rock/punk doesn't spend time bragging. It spends it's time bitching about how life in the suburbs sucks because your parents don't love you and your dog has diarrea and it feels like your life is about to be over."

yeah, u know a shitload about punkrock. Anyways, I like hip hop, and what i said was partly in jest, as I reiterated in my second post. Not only that, but it was part of an on going subject in this forum that mainstream hip hoppers like jayz turn things into trends and ruin it for people who like the shit. Plain and simple. Not to mention the fact that, in my opinion, JayZ does not have style, he has money, and that there's a big difference between the two. Anybody with cash can go into the RL flagship and deck themselves out with purple label and look good. No matter what he's doing now, 5 years ago he was wearing size xxxxl throwbacks and goofy fitted caps or whatever.

thank you fashion police. perhaps you should issue permits to people on what they can and cannot wear. as long as they don't wear the same thing as you, i'm sure its fine.

No, rock/punk doesn't spend time bragging. It spends it's time bitching about how life in the suburbs sucks because your parents don't love you and your dog has diarrea and it feels like your life is about to be over.

that's hardcore music in a nutshell.

Quote:

"the "streets" are not going to catch on to something that is not so easy to identify. Urban/hip-hop fashion is usually something loud/attention grabbing and can be seen from a mile away. Think about evisu or red monkey jeans, you can see the gulls or crazy dragons from down the street. You cant see the Samurai stitching unless you are pretty close. Especially in a big city, kids want to be seen, thats why all-over print hoodies and bright ass sneakers are the "hot" thing right now. I think history shows that "real" street fashion (not "streetwear") has rarely been about subtlety. i think your samurais will be safe."

Yea, because skateboarders/rockers/whatever don't wear bright ass 7 color SBs with raw jeans and all over print hoody right?

LAst time i checked plenty of people wore corny shoes with corny hoodies and didn't even know what hip hop is.

-I think you missed my whole point

That's racist!

Yeah, it is. So sorry to all the spoiled ass white kids. I really hope they can find it in their heart to forgive me (a fellow cracker... not quite spoiled... yet).

Yeah i dunno

there's alot of great info on these boards in terms of brands and general denim knowledge

but i think you guys have got to be really ignorant an sheltered to start spewing all half the bullshit that's coming out right now

Junes a stylist its her job to look for what next dry denim is not underground the minute a store like BIG opened up it gave people more access to Japanese brands which is good to me cause i like to try things on and i probably would have brought another pair of Nudies if i wasn't able to try on 14 oz denim to see how sick it is

Jay is a clothes horse i know this first hand he may not be on message boards trolling for next shit but dude shops so chances him looking for another denim label to rock after Evisu and Red Monkey is played out is pretty good i would say

Hip hop in general has always been about borrowing from different areas and creating something new the whole so called street wear scene including its skater roots owes alot of its influence to late 80's early 90's hip hop culture i could cite alot of examples but ill just say POLO and leave it there

lastly if your insulted by having Jay Z wearing the same jeans you wear and your gonna stop i would say you have issues and ideas that are screwed up beyond your clothing choices

^ what he said

this thread is dodgy

lets all stfu

::shhhhhh!::

When one is not capable of true intelligence, it is good to consult with someone of good sense. An advisor will fulfill the Way when he makes a decision by selfless and frank intelligence because he is not personally involved. This way of doing things will certainly be seen by others as being strongly rooted. It is, for example, like a large tree with many roots. One man's intelligence is like a tree that has been simply stuck in the ground.

see, it's okay to consult with a stylist!

and it's okay to insult someone for having been influenced by another:

I showed your first tech on tour wit Large Profesor ... then I heard your album bout your tech on the dresser.

i dont understand yall. if it was anybody else on this site postin pics wearin them they would get praise. but because a man is in the public eye , anything he does is instantly deemed terrible. i could care less if hava knew what he is wearing or not, if he's pullin a nice fit then thats that, i cant hate on him for lookin nice even if i disnt personally like the character

hello, I'm here to kill this thread. nobody post from now on.

or go ahead and post... I hate killing threads.