How do edwin ed-47s fit?

lamscott

Actually i think there was one guy who posted a pic of him wearing his in either the WAYWT, the denim evolution, or the post picture of fit thread. I'm too lazy to help you look at the moment though :P. But if i remember correctly, they do look quite baggy and no where near the regular ralf fit.

My ED-47s fit very very slim... you guys might be mixed up with the ed69 which is a more relaxed leg. On top of that they have a pretty low rise ( almost TOO low) However, they stretch pretty nicely to a comfortable fit. They also have a slight flare to the leg, so it's a pretty subtle bootcut.

To summarize: Slim, low rise, bootcut.

I need to post up pics of me wearing them because I've seen this topic a few times now...

jubei...is it really that light or is it the lighting? cuzz damn....

Both, sorta. My ED-47s were the non-selvage greycast version, so they faded out really fast AND my camera has a really strong flash so they're slightly darker in person.

Overall, I think the ED-47 is a good "starter" for raw denim, but I've since moved onto the more hardcore Japanese repros. Once you get your hands on one of the Japanese repros, you realize how much you've been missing out on your whole life :)

Ive got edwins. I also have some pics in the WAYWT thread, just do a search for mickawes in the name section and edwin in the subject section.

They are definately not slim, but not completely baggy either. Id say regular straight cut. Low rise. They fit really nice, especially if you wear baggier clothes. I highly recommend them.

As for sizing, I wear size 31 nudies and size 30 samurai and got a size 30 in the edwins. Now its stretched out some, but is comfortable. Also, the legs are pretty long. My size 32 leg is more like 34.

• 1 year later...

Apologies for opening this possibly dead topic.

Thinking of getting some Edwin ED-32' s raw rainbows. They say they're a 'loose' cut but they seem slimmer than ED47's- expecially in the hem.

Tried on a 30 x 32 which look pretty good, problem is they feel a bit restricting across the thighs when I sit and open my legs. 'Close your legs and stop being a tart' I hear you all say... but I ride motorbike to get in and out of town so spend alot of time with my legs open. Yeah- not a nice picture, I know!!!.

Could size up, but then the waist would be too big and also- the shop that I tried them on doesn't have 1 size bigger AND I have £100 worth of vouchers at that store which pretty much covers the cost of the jeans.

Anyway- cutting to the questions, do they A) shrink at all during a warm/hot soak and if so- do they stretch back

or B) if they don't shrink during a soak, is there a lot of give in the denim?

Cheers lads!

they shrink a bit after the first wash, but they stretch quite a bit (much like nudies, I'd imagine. never owned a pair of regular nudies so I couldn't say for sure). plus, the only significant shrinkage is going to be more in the inseam rather than the waist.

if you could manage to size down one, I'd recommend doing that rather than relying on a wash to shrink them. I've worn mine pretty hard and while they do srhink after washes, they stretch right back out after like 5 wears.