Bicyclettes

canice

The first big budget BMX video since the last one that Etnies released comes out in June '07. Mike Manzoori's doing the editing and there's a trailer here:

http://www.etniesbmx.com/blog/2007/03/29/grounded-dvd-available-june-2007/

It's a shame there's only one company in BMX that spend serious cash on their video production. I'm not knocking the mixtape format but there's only so much you can do with a limited budget, large companies that have been mugging off BMX for time need to fix up...

Guest Goose25

i'm a year-round cycle junkie and while living in Paris 5eme for 18 months rode my peugot racer every day on a circuit from Notre Dame Cathedral down to the Champs Elysees or further down to Pont d'Alma - nightmare traffic and plenty of sprints just trying to stay out of trouble! Now living out of Paris by the St Germain-en-Laye forest - a wonderland of trails and escapes up the river and out into the countryside - this I'm doing on my you-beaut GoSport mountain-bike. I dig this bike big time - sturdy, sturdy, sturdy...

in my teens I rode mongoose and diamond back freestyle bikes in dirt bowls and on the same tracks/jumps as my CR125 mxer. My friend had a welder and we gusseted and gusseted and beefed up my frames until they would break no more!!! Even titanium cranks were bent/snapped regularly... ahhh... memories, and the knees/back to prove it!!!

The first big budget BMX video since the last one that Etnies released comes out in June '07. Mike Manzoori's doing the editing and there's a trailer here:

It's a shame there's only one company in BMX that spend serious cash on their video production. I'm not knocking the mixtape format but there's only so much you can do with a limited budget, large companies that have been mugging off BMX for time need to fix up...

Doesn't matter how good it is, it still won't beat Hit The Switch!

I have a horrible feeling that the mixtape/web edit format has reduced my already dangerously short attention span. Full length videos don't seem to be doing it for me right now, I tend to just skip to speficic sections.

Have Carharrt ever released (or planned on releasing) a video? You've got such a varied team, I want to see flatland rubbing shoulders with everyone else.

There've been a couple released over the years but they could be held up as examples of how not to produce a DVD.

The problem is -with the U.K. team at least- they're all filming for load of different projects at the moment; Nangland, Fit UK,Tomorrow we Work etc... but we'll look to do something in 2008.

In retrospect I can understand why companies are so reticent to put a lot of money into something which is likely to end up on YouTube the day of its release. My problem with the mixtape format is that they lack the epic feeling that can only really be acheived by chucking money at someone who really knows what they're doing. I would be interested to see the result of giving Rich Hirsch or Joe Cox an Etnies-sized budget...

I think that in terms of using the video as a promotional tool the companies should take a, "if you can't beat them, join them," attitude.

For example, take the Mosh mixtape, So Freestyle. I downloaded it because I wanted to see if it was worth buying and because I found it hard to get a hold of. Even though I have a downloaded copy I would still like to buy it if I could find it. However, in the US it was like $5 but it the UK it was more like £10ish which was a bit steep I feel.

I think that they could have would have been better for them if instead of releasing the video as a dvd they'd released it as a high res web-only video, free to download. Obviuosly that doesn't help pay for the camera/editing suite/people's time etc. but more people probably would have seen it and have a better impression of Mosh as a company.

I mean look at the Tomorrow We Work promo. It's higher quality and the same length as a lot of videos you have to pay for. I would definately have paid money to see that but Mr Cox knows that bit of creative marketing will help him in the long run.

I'd love a hard copy of Voices but I was completely skint and unemployed when it came out. Gutter.

Etnies could, of course, afford to lose money on this video and still find it a valuable experience. I applaud smaller companies like Mutiny for trying new ideas like HD to try and set themselves appart but on the other hand does it really matter that it was shot in HD if, at the end of the day, it's gonna get ripped to youtube. My main concern is that the advent of HD might mean a rise in the prices of dvds which means even less people will be buying them.

that team indoor cycling shit is pretty intense. i wouldn't be surprised if fixed gear riding splits into a sect like that how BMX and flatland did.

polo is fun as fuck. unfortunately i have to work almost every sunday so i haven't been able to go to it. they put a cam in a mallet last week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1sZOnxLYt0

I stripped the thread off my Quando hub on the weekend! Damn, now I've got to replace it, just when I had finished tinkering with it...

What do you reckon, another cheap hub? or save for a good one? I plan on selling the bike in 3 months.

yeah, its an 07 rush hour. its all stock except for the bars and pedals. the bars are some itm's i pirated off a roomies langster. im really trying to get skips. my hill descending abilities are getting much better, but i'm not even entirely sure what a skip is.

skips are like mini skids, most effective for checking your speed, and so called because from behind it looks like you're skipping. just sort of hop up to unweight the rear wheel and backpedal/pull up on the pedals really hard.

someone teach me how to bunny hop. i want to clear curbs.

also, i hate the security at my building's front desk. the assholes won't let me bring my bike up through the lobby, even though there's no other way to get it to my apartment.

Diversion (Bobby Carter) has been doing quality that's pretty damn high for the last couple of years.

http://www.diversionvm.com/dvm6.mov