Bicyclettes

canice

i ususally ride until there is snow since my bike only has clearance for 23c tires.

i have a patagonia shell that i normally wear with a t-shirt. no matter how cold it is i always sweat like i'm wearing a plastic bag.

i hate people who ride on the sidewalk. my old roommate used to ride on the sidewalk since "riding in the street is too dangerous." she ended up running into this girl and almost getting sued for being a dumbass.

Cool, cool, I should be fine then. What tires would you recommend for the snow? I'm gonna covert my shit into a fixed gear snow-mobile, you know you're jealous.

Riding on the sidewalk is never a good idea, I only allow myself to go on there if I get cut off really bad and don't feel like stopping and there is no one on it.

Pretty much finished my new build, the decided to go for a ride. Turned out to be an hour and a half, boy did I get worked, have not ridden in awhile. There are afew hills on my route and my gearing(48x19) was gving me problems would a higher ratio be easier? 59 frame that has got to be huge, I am most comfortble on a 54 and I am 6 feet, are you a giant?

Hey guys,

I'd like some advice. I'm a "roadie" tried and true, but I'd like to get a fixed gear for riding to school (Madone 5.2s would most likelly be jacked at an urban public high school).

My dad offered to give me his bike for me to convert. It is ~1979 Fuji.

After thinking about it, I realized it'd be a bit of money to get all the junk I'd need...

On BikesDirect.com, they have the Mercier Kilo TT for 350. However, the people on BikeForums.net are to BD as the kids on SuperDenim are to True Religion.

What is the attitude towards this bike here? Is it worth it (quality frame, components etc).

I just want a cool bike to ride around downtown.

How much have you guys spent on conversions?

Thanks very much

-Adam

Hey guys,

I'd like some advice. I'm a "roadie" tried and true, but I'd like to get a fixed gear for riding to school (Madone 5.2s would most likelly be jacked at an urban public high school).

My dad offered to give me his bike for me to convert. It is ~1979 Fuji.

After thinking about it, I realized it'd be a bit of money to get all the junk I'd need...

On BikesDirect.com, they have the Mercier Kilo TT for 350. However, the people on BikeForums.net are to BD as the kids on SuperDenim are to True Religion.

What is the attitude towards this bike here? Is it worth it (quality frame, components etc).

I just want a cool bike to ride around downtown.

How much have you guys spent on conversions?

Thanks very much

-Adam

Buy complete and save urself bit of money for some better tyres/new handle bar. =) Conversion can lead to ultra frustration! KILO TT aint bad...cheap/starter fixed gear.

Conversion:

Track Wheels = 180USD

Cog = 20USD

Chain = 10USD

That only the basic parts u neeed.

Conversion is when u have most parts OR u have a awesome frame.

Evening.

I'm restoring an Andre Bertin frame and have a chainset dilemma. The frame is beautiful, fabulous fancy lugs. It's so lovely that rather than restoring it to sell on, I'm keeping it for myself to convert to fixed and ride with my other half.

So if its for me I'm happy punting a fair bit of cash on it. As its a french bottom bracket it'll need a Phil Wood. So while I'm at it I'll build the wheels with Ambrosio Excellence rims on Phil Wood hubs.

But the chainset... If money was not a problem, what would you go for? Sugino 75 cranks? Vintage Campy Record? Something else?

Buy complete and save urself bit of money for some better tyres/new handle bar. =) Conversion can lead to ultra frustration! KILO TT aint bad...cheap/starter fixed gear.

Conversion:

Track Wheels = 180USD

Cog = 20USD

Chain = 10USD

That only the basic parts u neeed.

Conversion is when u have most parts OR u have a awesome frame.

I think the frame is pretty badass/vintage... So the Track Wheels have a fixed gear by nature... I might as well just rebuild my dad's bike... take off the brakes, change the wheels, get a new cog/cranks maybe, the pedals he has are badass 80s clips that I love...

But I have some time to debate with myself.

Thanks for that info.+

i want a rapha jacket for the winter. someone want to buy it for me? i have no money until i start my new gig. thanks!

"Rapha Softshell Jacket has won numerous awards"

Haha, sounds revolutionary. Don't think I'll be dropping $300 on one of those anytime soon though.

EDIT: Plus you know you're going to need to wear at least a t-shirt under that thing, wouldn't that kill the purpose of having the super high-tech fabric?

Their whole collection seems cool this season, check their website. Website is nice too, it's all video features as opposed to just pictures. I'm a fan of the foxing jacket, may be a little heavy for riding a bike, but it has pit vents and looks puffy but it's not a down jacket and kind of want it anyway. And pretty sure you can unzip from the bottom too if you don't want the front all bunched up while riding. This one:

Foxing_1.jpgFoxing_2.jpgHolden_Foxing_Jacket_1.jpg