Bicyclettes

canice

Anyone have any recomendations for cheap eBay'd crank/sprocket? I want to get something in silver that is better than my old conversion's cranks that are super long and hit my frame when I ride. I am trying to get something a little bit more oldschool looking. Something classic looking and in silver.

There's a little blog that I check every once in a while... They're not cheap, but they are pretty fucking silver. SUGINO 75 Mirror Finish Crankset...

wow, all of those scratches came out.

But I have a slight problem. My BB on the frame I'm building rocks side to side. It's tight on the frame, but the part that actually connects to the crank arms moves left to right very easily. Anyone know what the problem may be? I'm assuming it would still rock back and forth with the cranks and chain attatched. But I'm not sure. Can anyone shed some light?

crash pretty hard today... after i put on my saddle. good 6-7% percent grade, branch in the road, skid to stop lucky me there was some sand, flew over the handlebars and skid on my side for a good 5 ft no dmg execpt for covers of the bull horns. then 2 miles down the road, hit a little bit of water in a quick turn bike slipped under me, skid on my knees for 5 ft, road rash on my watch, road rash on my hand, and on my leg. all that after my boss had to give me a talk.

ps. and my cog came loose again. biking home.

Fuk'n love life

on lighter note, got my tracking number for my deep v's coming in next week hopefully.

But I have a slight problem. My BB on the frame I'm building rocks side to side. It's tight on the frame, but the part that actually connects to the crank arms moves left to right very easily. Anyone know what the problem may be? I'm assuming it would still rock back and forth with the cranks and chain attatched. But I'm not sure. Can anyone shed some light?

your spindle or races are probably fucked if its a loose ball. i've trashed several of those. get a new one. campy chorus is like $30 and will never die.

that's disconcerting. you should take it apart and check either the spindle (cracked?), threads (worn? stripped?), bearings (any missing? pitting in the races?) or if the cartridge is fucked/needs to be replaced.

crash pretty hard today... after i put on my saddle. good 6-7% percent grade, branch in the road, skid to stop lucky me there was some sand, flew over the handlebars and skid on my side for a good 5 ft no dmg execpt for covers of the bull horns. then 2 miles down the road, hit a little bit of water in a quick turn bike slipped under me, skid on my knees for 5 ft, road rash on my watch, road rash on my hand, and on my leg. all that after my boss had to give me a talk.

ps. and my cog came loose again. biking home.

Fuk'n love life

on lighter note, got my tracking number for my deep v's coming in next week hopefully.

If I were you I'd be more excited to hear about a tracking number for a BRAKE.

thats how i did brake.water plus front brake, locked my front wheel.

its just one of those freak accidents.

oh no :[ front wheel shouldn't ever really lock...

endo statusss.

front wheel lock on wet = ouch

even leaning too much on wet..

whenever i encounter some water, i always keep my front wheel as perpendicular to the ground as possible..

back fishtails sometimes, but it can be controlled.. if you lose front traction however..

game overr!

i had a sweet learning experience at daly city bart one foggy morning..

fell 2 times before i figured.. fine i can't play it off, ha :cool:

To begin polishing, I had to remove the anodize on the crank arms. I sprayed them with Easy Off oven cleaner (the one that contains lye) and let them sit for like 10 minutes. Rinsed them clean and then wet sanded them with 1200 followed by 2000 grit paper until they were ready for polishing. I didn't have any polishing wheels or anything, so the next part was all done by hand. I took some Mother's mag polish and two clean rags and started polishing until I was satisfied. I have more pictures of the process if you're interested.

oh no :[ front wheel shouldn't ever really lock...

endo statusss.

front wheel lock on wet = ouch

even leaning too much on wet..

whenever i encounter some water, i always keep my front wheel as perpendicular to the ground as possible..

back fishtails sometimes, but it can be controlled.. if you lose front traction however..

game overr!

i had a sweet learning experience at daly city bart one foggy morning..

fell 2 times before i figured.. fine i can't play it off, ha :cool:

it was pretty crazy i felt it coming.

hey guys ( and girls) ...I got a quick question maybe someone can help me with... I'm looking at getting a Mercier TT and am kinda in between sizes. i measured my inseam at about 77.5 cm.

does anyone who has a mercier (or anyone else) that can recommed me either a 53cm or a 50cm? I feel like i wanna go with the smaller of the two, but any help would be appriciated.

thanks

-colin

do you have a long or short torso? this is the most important factor in determining size.

hey guys ( and girls) ...I got a quick question maybe someone can help me with... I'm looking at getting a Mercier TT and am kinda in between sizes. i measured my inseam at about 77.5 cm.

does anyone who has a mercier (or anyone else) that can recommed me either a 53cm or a 50cm? I feel like i wanna go with the smaller of the two, but any help would be appriciated.

thanks

-colin

if you just wanna get around town and not really ride hard and fast i would go witht he generic rule. swing your legs over and if you ccann rest your feet flat without hurting your money makers then thats the right size. Also if you have to bend down or bend your knees to reach the handle bars then thats to small.

If you want to go fast and have the best geometry and form then you will have to try ride a couple of them.

aydo: Looks like you made bikesnob today! Congrats.

link.

LOL! haters..

this fools just jealous cuz i dont have to go to the 25c laundromat.

fixed gear gallery.. allrite, i'll put my fixed gear, up in this gallery here...

then someone prolly gets paid to play eye spy with the pictures and think they're smart.

"there are 3 detergent soaps visible"

wooooow gj.

not everything is a photo contest.

but fuck for the sake of taking pictures.. fine ill update that shit.

just cuz some people gotta be bitchy about it.

neeext

hey stuntastic-

i don't know if you discussed your paint job, but did you do it yourself? and if so, did you use a clear coat?

My friend did the paint job for me.

Just sanded the whole thing down, except for the BIANCHI logo. Then used a primer then a flat black. Spray can.

Job was ok, everyone who saw the bike in person sed it was a good job, for wat it was.

it was pretty crazy i felt it coming.

i hate that feeling :[

the slow motion, oh noooooo feeling where you feel sideways and you know what's coming next...

it's crazy - after i fell the 2nd time, i foned my friend whom i was meeting at the bart, warning her of the slippery conditions..

she rolls by me like less than 10 mins later all happy to see me, and she's turning around to face me and i point at the ground like "watch out!"

then her front wheel slips out too, but she banged her chin :[

it was like watching myself in 3rd person.. exactly the same fall, but worse.

i don't know if i should be getting this problem but... i just built my fixed 3 weeks ago. everything's okay with it except for the fact that if i turn the wheel about 40 degrees to either side, the back section of the front wheel will rub up against my feet/pedals and the friction will cause the front wheel to slow down and it just messes up my balance. are my cranks too long? does anyone else encounter this or know of a way to work with this?

i don't know if i should be getting this problem but... i just built my fixed 3 weeks ago. everything's okay with it except for the fact that if i turn the wheel about 40 degrees to either side, the back section of the front wheel will rub up against my feet/pedals and the friction will cause the front wheel to slow down and it just messes up my balance. are my cranks too long? does anyone else encounter this or know of a way to work with this?

It's called toe overlap ... it happens on 'most' bikes and should only happen when you're going at very slow speeds.

I don't know how much toe overlap you're getting but it usually isn't a great deal of a problem.

It's called toe overlap ... it happens on 'most' bikes and should only happen when you're going at very slow speeds.

I don't know how much toe overlap you're getting but it usually isn't a great deal of a problem.

just wondering, has anyone ever taken a spill because of toe overlap?