Bicyclettes

canice

whats the point of cycling shants? if your pant seams really bother you that much but you dont want to be seen in cycling shorts, why not just wear the cycling shorts underneath your jeans and roll up your pant legs. shants without buying shants (agree with mlproject, though - they are capris). look "normal" + cycling short comfort. no shants needed.

fuck shants.

-later days.

hey guys, just sold my road bike to work on a pista that i got. been loving it so far!! I plan on using it as a commuter, but also want to hit up the hellyer velodrome.

Should I stick w/ the pista frame, or go for maybe an iro angus or something along that line?

I understand that a lot of people hate on the pista, but is it still a good track bike overall?

I live in downtown San Jose, if anyone wants to ride sometime.

^ gotta be careful... those shorts sometimes just rub the right way

i just hate the whole knickers thing because of the trendhopping. there are tons of dudes that get into it and within a week have this insane kit that they rock 24-7.. out to bars, to and from work, etc

- shants/knickers/manpris/tampons

- uberaero helmet

- front brake

- fenders

- beater conversion that they insist on using crappy parts then getting pissed when they break that is usually rattlecanned (they read rattlecan on the forum and that's the "in" way to talk about it) OR a pista

- a jersey

- spd cleat shoes

- messenger bag (usually chrome or timbuk2)

- a utility belt (worn when its too hot out)

- freight fanny pack

- sunglasses with every shade for day/night/cloudy/etc

they also enjoy posting on forums from their IT job about brakes, what gear ratio to use while commuting, hating hipsters (when they just jumped on a trend and now cycling is "theirs" ... it doesn't belong to these hipsters..), and being the first person to post about a pista vs iro.

now please, this is in jest, but you see what i mean. i love what the trend of fixed gear has done for cycling, urban transportation and steez points no matter who's getting into it. its a great thing, but some people take it over the edge in 5 seconds.

after about 3 days of trying to wheelie with no luck getting the wheel high enough, i realized its better to ride slow and then torque the shit out of the cranks. this resulted in getting the shit scared out of me when my front wheel goes wailing up and i have to hop off the back end of my bike.

lesson of the night: its easier to pop wheelies when you are riding slow.

i have a conversion. powdercoated, though, with decent components. i wish i had a freight fanny pack and a krypto chain.

damn, im a wannabe hipster! haha.

+1 mlproject - good points.

-later days and happy riding.

hey guys, just sold my road bike to work on a pista that i got. been loving it so far!! I plan on using it as a commuter, but also want to hit up the hellyer velodrome.

Should I stick w/ the pista frame, or go for maybe an iro angus or something along that line?

I understand that a lot of people hate on the pista, but is it still a good track bike overall?

Dont worry bout what other ppl thinks..if u like the pista get the pista.

I am doing a tangerine atm. Green Frame with Orange velocity deep V.....alot of ppl will be lik wtf!!! but i like it fruity.

IRO Angus is awesome.....wish i could get my hand onto one.

like the above said-- ride what you want. who cares what it is? as long as it fits and you sizewise, stylewise, handling (yeah that includes brakes).

the pista is a fine bike. there's a reason why "every" hipster seems to be riding it.

by the way, i'm in san jose also and am always lookin for a reason to get out of the house. i'd be down for a ride any time.

^ gotta be careful... those shorts sometimes just rub the right way

i just hate the whole knickers thing because of the trendhopping. there are tons of dudes that get into it and within a week have this insane kit that they rock 24-7.. out to bars, to and from work, etc

- shants/knickers/manpris/tampons

- uberaero helmet

- front brake

- fenders

- beater conversion that they insist on using crappy parts then getting pissed when they break that is usually rattlecanned (they read rattlecan on the forum and that's the "in" way to talk about it) OR a pista

- a jersey

- spd cleat shoes

- messenger bag (usually chrome or timbuk2)

- a utility belt (worn when its too hot out)

- freight fanny pack

- sunglasses with every shade for day/night/cloudy/etc

they also enjoy posting on forums from their IT job about brakes, what gear ratio to use while commuting, hating hipsters (when they just jumped on a trend and now cycling is "theirs" ... it doesn't belong to these hipsters..), and being the first person to post about a pista vs iro.

now please, this is in jest, but you see what i mean. i love what the trend of fixed gear has done for cycling, urban transportation and steez points no matter who's getting into it. its a great thing, but some people take it over the edge in 5 seconds.

sadly i think i fit 90% of those. proud to say i haven't fallen into wearing shants, jerseys, spds, sunglasses... but fuck me. i got a chrome a while back when i almost lost a hard drive and sketchbook in the rain and swore it would never happen again. now i come back to the west coast-- and almost every other person in SF has a chrome. i know a bag isn't directly connected to my individuality, but something in me feels a bit lost. i hate being vain.

hahhahaha, that sounds like me. i use bolt-on fenders in the spring and fall. and have a race helmet. and a brake. and shitty parts. and a timbuk2. and spd shoes. and sunglasses with multiple shades.

of course i also think i am a secret roadie, so that might explain a lot.

we should petition bikeforums to make a subforum called MLPROJECT just for you. ;)

MIKELEYMIKELEYMIKELEYMIKELEYMIKELEY.

Benny Gold of HUF just released his bag this past Thursday, it's going to be the new SF thing. I don't like Timbuk2 bags, they are so... simple. Chrome bags are a little better and have a little more components. I kinda dig the seatbelt on the bag to easily take it off. But Freight Baggage takes it for me. They run big so a medium fits like a Timbuk2 XL or something. Has tons of compartments and you could strap on boxes and boxes on it. Freigh also has the option of adding backpack straps on the bag so you can either wear it as a messenger bag or a backpack. Take that!

l_da25b180a47041e2102d6ffa62561ebc.jpg

Freight Baggage.

haha... i mean, i have and use most of those things, too, but i'm talking about the guys that get so fucking into it, jumping on each and every trend, upon which they immediately get elitist about it. i'm talking about this in an all or nothing, very stereotpyical sense, hense why it is in jest.

the new benny gold timbuk2 stuff is hot. i have a timbuk2 bag that i've had for almost 10 years and then my freight. i'm not hating, i'm just trying to paint a picture.

everybody go ride bikes.

my school "mascot" / colors were the "tartan". we had a kiltie band and were the only university in the US to have a bag piping major. it sounds a lot cooler than it actually was. I think the mascot has not been changed to a scottish terrier.

got a newer/better helmet from REI and some tires to shred. my last helmet was pitted because i sprayed bug repellent on it while biking from Pittsburgh to Washington DC. NEVER EVER let solvents get near the foam (like i did)-- they will eat your helmet up.

and I am so ready to ride.

tartan should never be worn by anyone who is not a 60 year old scot or a 16 year old schoolgirl.
or a punk

that's the same thing as a 60 year old or a 16 year old schoolgirl.

seriously, the only punks i see who wear tartan nowadays are high school kids that are angry at their parents and trying too hard, or old dudes who are still angry at their parents and still trying too hard.

So I was riding on this narrow street and this car was coming up behind me really fast for some reason so I went onto the sidewalk real fast and didnt have time to dodge the steel fence. Silly me.

1250333125_7343855fd4.jpg

How would I turn it back into the correct position? She still rides fine (rode it back home). Any help is appreciated.

And I know a lot of people hate the Chrome Pista but I like it.

loosen the headset a little, and then you should be able to align the wheel to the handlebars.

So I was riding on this narrow street and this car was coming up behind me really fast for some reason so I went onto the sidewalk real fast and didnt have time to dodge the steel fence. Silly me.

1250333125_7343855fd4.jpg

How would I turn it back into the correct position? She still rides fine (rode it back home). Any help is appreciated.

And I know a lot of people hate the Chrome Pista but I like it.