Bicyclettes

canice

wicz: congrats on (almost) reaching cat 1. i want to get into club/road riding, because fixed is fun but not much of a personal challenge.

also, i'm doing an 900 km, 8 day bike tour in a month. any advice on training, roadside camping and equipment? i'm borrowing my sister's trek 1000 rather than buying a road bike. have enough money, but haven't yet done enough research to drop 2 g's.

I disagree.

Single speed and fixed are totally different.

If you want to run fixed gear, run a brake until you are comfortable enough w/o...if you decide to.

Assuming he/she doesn't/hasn't biked much, jumping right on a fixed gear, even with a brake, isn't that great of an idea.

White tires with the mags a must.

nice GT!

personally, i am feeling the black tires as of late, but i am sure i will change my mind again by the time i am done with my next project..

heBAY-

im trying to get a durcus from back home, then hopefully have it fully customized before the summer (yes selegna, it's gonna happen).

i haven't put any thought into it aside from mixing the old and the new. i will probably end up with something obnoxious.

3. you learn to not pedal. when you get back on a freewheel your pedal strokes will be so buttery smooth it will make the roadies cry with envy.

also, 45 km training ride yesterday. i need to start wearing chammies. :(

wicz: congrats on (almost) reaching cat 1. i want to get into club/road riding, because fixed is fun but not much of a personal challenge.

also, i'm doing an 900 km, 8 day bike tour in a month. any advice on training, roadside camping and equipment? i'm borrowing my sister's trek 1000 rather than buying a road bike. have enough money, but haven't yet done enough research to drop 2 g's.

work up to riding the distance your covering each day. they say you can increase time/distance about 10% every two weeks.

just got my first fixie last week and im having a blast on it. i have been skidding a lot and my rear tires almost done. any recomendations on tires before i head down to the shop and pick up just whatever...? oh and the front is super bald aswell so i was going to get a set. thanks!

3. you learn to not pedal. when you get back on a freewheel your pedal strokes will be so buttery smooth it will make the roadies cry with envy.

also, 45 km training ride yesterday. i need to start wearing chammies. :(

Chammies are a must-- if you can, get 2. that way you can wash one and wear the other.

get panniers-- a back rack + panniers is a must. If you're going with another person, and plan on doing a lot of tours, can consider using a trailer... but they're quite an investment.

a front rack can be useful... especially for strapping your sleeping bag + tent. You generally want to have more weight in the back for better maneuvering.

Get LED lights (front and back if possible)... if your get a good front one that is removable and bright-- you can save the weight of bringing batteries + flashlight. A front light will easily last your 8 day tour. Try not to pack batteries-- extra weight for a small package.

Get your gear ASAP and practice riding with racks + bags weighed down... try going 75% of the actual distance you will cover in a day.

Get gloves. your hands will go numb. Make sure you're riding on drops or have something that has lots of hand positions (trial bars with a drop + aero bars are the only other thing i can think of that would help.)

Pack light things. Plan for all types of weather.

Uh... and so much more. When are you riding? I'm actually doing a 7 day ride in... 5 days. Got most of my gear ready, now it's just cleaning out my house before my lease is up-- and continuing to ride around 30 miles a day.

Image005-2.jpg

Did some photoshoot today in such a nice weather.....

Asking for taste and preference sort of thing...SHould i get BULLHORN bar or Track drop??

Both look good to different types of people. Most importantly, RIDE what you LIKE. not what other people like looking at. try them both-- check a LBS or with a friend for a pair of bullhorns. Try to get some cheap drops-- flip'em and chop'em. Try that and if you like the forward thrust-- invest in a pair of bullhorns. You can get cheap ones at Nashbar.com

just got my first fixie last week and im having a blast on it. i have been skidding a lot and my rear tires almost done. any recomendations on tires before i head down to the shop and pick up just whatever...? oh and the front is super bald aswell so i was going to get a set. thanks!

If you want something that will last long get some Vittoria Randonneurs for your rear.

Front ... I usually just do Vittoria Rubinos or Continental Gatorskins.

I was trying skidding abit yesterday, and was finding it kinda weird. When I went to stop the chain it felt like there was a lag or something, could that be because my chain isn't as tight as it could be? Any tips on making sure my chain is as tight needed?

slack is wack. pull the wheel as far back as you can. i usually wedge my fingers between the seat tube and the wheel and push them apart, and tighten your nuts.

slack is wack. pull the wheel as far back as you can. i usually wedge my fingers between the seat tube and the wheel and push them apart, and tighten your nuts.

How do you make sure that the well is set even, because when I tried to get the chain as tight as possible, the one side with out the chain on it kept setting back further and off setting the wheel. How do I avoid that?