Bicyclettes

canice

I am not surprised.

He's always injured.....

he punked out on coming to NYC in march apparently because he dropped a butter knife on his foot. last time i saw him was in chicago after he broke his foot jumping off a 12 foot bridge support.

so i am looking into purchasing a fixie (first one), but i am not sure whats considered like good.. someone told me iro frames are dope (arevalo).. basically i want to spend under $1500. :D thanks.

Anybody hear about this totally manly made out of wood bike? It's such an alpha-male-gonna-hurt-you-hipsters-if-you-don't-get-outta-my-way-now ride.

95731464gi3.jpg

11kp8.jpg

well... this bike does have a slightly "cute" side:

31pw6.jpg

from: http://www.jennynordberg.se/html/king_of_the_road.html

so i am looking into purchasing a fixie (first one), but i am not sure whats considered like good.. someone told me iro frames are dope (arevalo).. basically i want to spend under $1500. :D thanks.

i'm in the same position except i want to spend less. i asked a few questions about entry level bikes a few pages back and got some good info, so try looking there.

but for 1500, you'll probably be able to build one instead of getting an entry level complete bike.

for $1500 you can build a pretty amazing ride. if you're smaller, i'd try to grab a keirin frame and you can do a phil wheelset for about $550 for some serious bling.

ahaha i am 6'3 lol..what size what i should i be considering.

I would recomend not spending that much on your first fixie, get something cheaper, ride it for a bit, ride some other peoples bikes, get to know whatyou like, what style of riding you will do, etc before you drop 1.5k on a bike...

i'm 6 foot 3 and have a bianchi pista. I'm pretty happy with it. I ride the biggest one they make in this model- a 61cm. I don't think i'd be quite comfortable with anything smaller. If your a fairly proportionate person (you aren't all torso or something) then i'd say 61-63 is a good spot to shoot for. Most people will say to go try out different sizes @ your LBS but i've found that its hard to actually find a store that just has frames that big lying around... but if you can, try it! good luck :) i wish i had 1500 to drop on a bike!

alright cool thanksss. yea i guess i won't drop as much on a bike, considering its my first.

Go to your local bike store and ask them to measure your inseam, and get a Bianchi Pista. I love mine.

is it true that bianchi at some point in the recent past started to use different components for the pista of a lesser quality? the guy at my local shop said that i should get the khs b/c it's components are better than the more recent pistas. the shop stocks both bianchi and khs, so they're probably not just saying this to make a sale... can anyone confirm this?

IRO completes are an incredible deal compared to Bianchi Pista's IMO. I know you get a good wheelset and I hear alot of stories of people stripping out their rear hub on Pista's. I think as if I was going to pick up a Pista I would aim for one from the 70s or 80s. But I am partial to lugged frames.

is it true that bianchi at some point in the recent past started to use different components for the pista of a lesser quality? the guy at my local shop said that i should get the khs b/c it's components are better than the more recent pistas. the shop stocks both bianchi and khs, so they're probably not just saying this to make a sale... can anyone confirm this?

I can't confirm for you.. but i can offer an opinion. Personally, buying a entry level complete was so that i could have something that rode well and i could start riding at day 1. I'm planning on upgrading the components as I go along, but for now, having something already built up was really nice. I don't know what the khs runs for, but the bianchi seems like a great deal to me. I guess what i'm saying is.. just make sure it has a nice frame and decent components, chances are you'll upgrade either way...

I got my first taste of the fixie way today, got my bike back from the shop. Nothing special just got my dads old 10 speed and got it converted. Gave it a quick try in the rain today and it was awesome. I do understand why you want clips to ride with mine doesn't have any. What would you recomend for new pedals and straps? Do the cranks that I have affect what my options may be? With my bike it's still got the original wheel on the front and when I rode it quickly it wasn't running true kinda wobbly, is that the wheel or how it is set on the frame, as I had to take it off and put it on myself to fit it in my car to take home. Any help would eb much appreciated thanks.

484309062_2d97f2b16a.jpg

Hoping to build it up. Suggestions?

finally managed to put this together. I'm still waiting to get new pedals (sylvans), the current ones are just some that I had lying around, just wanted to get it running. and I have a nitto bar which I'll probably throw on it

bike01.jpg

For a geared bike, this looks incredibly clean and fresh. I like this.

Don't turn it into a fixie. Ever.

I have been riding bikes for a couple of years. Here I am on my 20in:

bikekh1.jpg

Had a lot of good times on that thing.

Anyways, looks like I am going to be out of a car for a while, and I want to put a bike together for commuting. I guess I am going to pick up an old Pista off craigslist and try to fix it up a bit. Are there any ideas of ways I can make it feel a little bit more like my BMX? Maybe certain style of bars?

bikekh1.jpg

Anyways, looks like I am going to be out of a car for a while, and I want to put a bike together for commuting. I guess I am going to pick up an old Pista off craigslist and try to fix it up a bit. Are there any ideas of ways I can make it feel a little bit more like my BMX? Maybe certain style of bars?

Put risers on it.

My buddies have been trying to get me into cycling so today I went out and bought some basic gear and my brother gave me this bike from his sizable collection. It's made by a local Hawaiian frame builder called James Morikawa.

http://modikoso.com/nav/documents/coverpage/coverpage.htm

It uses Columbus THRON tubing and has Dura Ace stuff and a carbon FSA crank. My bro was kind enough to put on a well padded seat instead of that sheet of leather that used to be on there. I think he said it weighs around 18/lbs. It's a pig compared to his TIME though, which weighs in at 14/lbs.

I had a choice between this or a De Rosa PLANET but I guess this frame rides smoother since it's steel and I wanted a comfortable ride since I'm a newbie and didn't want to get beat up by a stiff frame.

CIMG3568.jpg

I just chopped and flipped the drop bars on my converted fixxie.

Probably the most aesthetically pleasing change I've made to the bike thus far.

Bullhorns are so sessy.

Brooklyn%2BFull.jpg

Perhaps or Brass Knuckle.

Def risers like above said.