Bicyclettes

canice

yeap I'm Indonesian, that's why my fixie got a brakeset on it :D

you still in Jakarta and you ride here?? we should meet dude! it would be a pleasure to meet foreign sufu-er...

anyway, I was in brakeless team, decided to join the brake-set team right after an inch away from a bus :eek:

i'm in jakarta but unfortunately my bike isn't here-- shipping bikes is mad expensive. i live and go to university in the states (washington dc) but i'm in jkt for the summer to do research and to visit relatives. if we were to ride i'd probably have to borrow my uncle's beater mountain bike haha.

anyways here's a pic of my current fixed gear, built 3 years ago when i first started college. eai bareknuckle frame. as you can see i was all about the indonesian flag colors back then, ha:

bike.jpg

thinking about swapping out the fork on my steamroller, with a bruiser fork or similar. is it worth it, or should I just wait and buy frameset

Fuck it those forks are huge and superstout as it is. If you're doing tarcktricks the frames aren't as far in the backseat álá DH frames like something made for freestyle riding, but more than rugged enough.

hmmmm.....

1989 cannondale aluminum touring bike in 9/10 condish

or

1985 trek steel roadbike (was top notch shit forgot the model) in 8/10

for $500.... these overpriced? Im thinking yes cuz im in madison and bikes are highly in demand

Guest renatho
new front wheel, front tire, front light, stem, bar, brake set, crank set, pedal, toe clip & strap

DSC_1929.jpg

great work on those sir!

satya, from your icon i'm assuming your indonesian?

i'm in jakarta for the summer--saw some heads riding brakeless in kemang. it's a death wish riding brakeless here--potholes, pedestrians, and crazy drivers and motorcyclists galore.

in other news, planning on swooping one of these frames pretty soon for a road build:

i was there too. satya joined the mash race but he got brake on his ride. yes it is a death wish riding brakeless here. after all we have to adapt in this situation but actually we ride slowly but sure :)

was it wrong of contador to attack schleck during a mechanical failure? was the mechanical failure user error? opinions?

it's kind of fucked that andy's chain pretty much cemented his 2nd place finish because thursday's stage was an indicator of how evenly matched the two really were. the same thing has happened to me before on a climb and it wasn't because I shifted or anything like that so the randomness of it all is kind of out of place in a race like the tour where so little room for error is allowed.

such is life though I guess, they both handled the situation as best they could imo and schleck is still a badass

yeah you can buy antitheft skewers to replace your quickrelease ones. they require an allenkey to unbolt the wheel..also there are more expensive ones that have special keys..

but best deal is to get a Ulock and a cable. ulock goes through the rear triangle of the frame locking the back wheel and the cable is for the front wheel.

locktechnique1.jpg

also I recommend securing your seat and seatpost with a chain or even zip ties

WRT locking skewers and security - they're expensive but I HELLA endorse PitLocks:

homepagegraphic.jpg

http://www.urbanbiketech.com/

They make replacement bolts for dropouts (in multiple lengths), top caps (in multiple top-cap sizes), seat posts (with replacement rings in many diameters if your seatpost ring doesn't have flat edges), and brake bolts (disc available, regular are only one length - I had to have mine cut down a bit).

I purchased a full set of two skewers with all the bits for them, 4 brake bolts, topcap and seat post and it ran me about $120 I think? But totally worth it - all the bolts are unique to your set, and sit inside recessed freely rotating housings. The distance between the bolt edge and the housing is so small that you can't even fit a needlenose in there (I've tried).

I wish I could also replace the allen wrench screws on my headset and derailleurs, but a man can't have everything.

Separate topic: I have a 56CM Specialized Tricross Comp, which I love, but it's just too small for me. I got SUCH a deal on it at the time that I figured that I could live with the smaller frame size, but I'm getting numbness in my hands which means it's time for a bigger frame. I don't want to buy a complete bike and I have all the components from my existing bike that I like. Does anyone know of a place where I can get a 58cm tricross frameset for cheap? :) Anyone want to trade?!

not really, just time your slow turns. heck, if youre going that slow, ride unclipped. you could even take your foot off the pedal when its coming around.

i'm saying at lights, riding circles, fucking off with friends... everything except riding a straight line from point A to point B. taking my feet out of the clips to time the overlap seems way more annoying.

who cares what my reasons are - can anyone answer?