Bicyclettes

canice

i'm 5"7, 52 cm frame is probably around my size right? my budget is around 500, is there any way i can get a 105 set for used for that price or is that a pipedream?

what companies do you guys live and die by, jamis? specialized? etc etc just need some inputs for an entry level, i know that starts at a k but i'm poor and wanna hear what the exp think

just bought this to replace my windsor

its prolly not a big jump in frame quality, but the components are def an upgrade...

Gonna switch the risers for some track drops soon (seller pic)

p.s. how much do u guys think i can get for the saddle? (fizik gobi)

kilo081609001.jpg

I love those Specialized's.

That Peugeot is quite overpriced, not that nice, and generally a PITA.

i read somewhere online that certain specialized carbon fiber frames were being recalled due to the aluminum separating from the carbon fiber. should i be worried about this or should i jump on that specialized immediately?

i read somewhere online that certain specialized carbon fiber frames were being recalled due to the aluminum separating from the carbon fiber. should i be worried about this or should i jump on that specialized immediately?

i think i heard that too, it was about the bottom bracket cups coming out or something. I don't think you need to worry, it's only an (apparent) problem for their current models and let's be honest, i don't think any of us can u put out 450 w constantly over 4 hours?

BF is full of suck...

Too many brakes vs brakeless bullshit, boobs who ride conversions-who talk "so much knowledge" about TRACK bikes, when they themselves dont even own one, and dudes who dont ride far/a lot who dog on any and all fixed gear vids...

There are the few, who are legit, but its full of feeble ass dudes whom never skidded and think its only for hipsters...

Hipsters dont even skid!

I want to grow a giant hand, so I can slap bikeforums ss/fg forum.

whats wrong with not riding far? just cause my work isnt 30 miles away doesn't mean i suck. the farthest ride i've gone was only 40 miles. but i still have fun and probably know as much about bikes as you.

-roadie. sometimes fixed.

whats wrong with not riding far? just cause my work isnt 30 miles away doesn't mean i suck. the farthest ride i've gone was only 40 miles. but i still have fun and probably know as much about bikes as you.

-roadie. sometimes fixed.

I typed up a long reply, but after going back and adding some stuff, it looked like I was talking in Bing Bong.

Anyways.

Furthest Ive ridden, was also around 40 miles.

And my comment about the people who dont ride far/a lot, are those who comment on every track/tarck bike vid, and say shit about it like it isnt all that or hard, when they themselves dont have that kind of experience under their belts...

There are a few users, that I hate reading what they have to say, about riding track bikes on the street/brakeless. Mainly because they, themselves dont have the experience to generalize the whole "scene."

Im not saying I do, but I dont try to talk about shit/drop knowledge, on things that I havent personally seen/done.

They go by what happens in the vids on youtube and vimeo, I go by what I do everyday.

Maybe Im just too hardcore fixie... Think Ima rename that, to being, TOO PUNK ROCK.

Easiest way to compare it...

Bikeforums is the ISS (instyleshoes) of sneaker boards.

Bikeforums is the Styleforum(not sure how it is now, but last year it still sucked,) to Superfuture.

Yea thats right, Im bad.

how much is this worth????

"Benotto Modelo 1500 - COMPLETE (except for seat)

Color: Champagne

SIZE: 53cm

Front/Rear Der: Campagnolo Nuovo

Bars/Stem: Cinelli, Giro De Italia/ 90mm Benotto custom

Wheels: Campagnolo Amrobsio Box Clinchers

Cranks: Benotto

Chainrings: Campagnolo 53t & 42t

Pedals: Gipemme Dual Sprint

Seatpost: Cheap SR

Brakes/Levers: Universal

Shifters: Campagnolo

I did recently did a complete restore of this bike - Derailleur aligned, new chain, repacked BB and Hubs, new Torelli chocolate leather bar tap, new Continental tires/tubes and I hand polished all the components, frame & wheels. I'm slightly flexible on the price, but the bike rides great."

dude is offering at 425

in regards to saddle pain..

anyones bones hurt? but not the vein/general nether region

I got a seriously bony ass, so after a day of riding, I'll definitely be sore when I hop on the next day. I suspect the issue is that I'm riding on more of a tri saddle whereas I ride in a more upright sitting position most of the time than one would on a tri-bike.

Measure the widest point of your saddle.

It is probably 135mm or less. Get something wider (measured) you won't be sorry. Sit-bone width has nothing to do with your waist or height.

Also, saddles w/ softer padding will be less comfortable than hard padding. Overall comfort has everything to do with shape and a degree of flex, and nothing to do with padding, ultimately.

I must say, I didn't think i'd like clips, but boy was I mistaken! Can't compare them to clipless though as I don't have shoes on which to mount cleats. They definitely help with hills and even though hills suck on a SS, i'm rather glad I didn't set my bike up with gears.

For cheap track pedals, wellgo or MKS? If a bike has a JIS bottom bracket, the headset ought to be JIS too, right?

Thanks in advance!

I must say, I didn't think i'd like clips, but boy was I mistaken! Can't compare them to clipless though as I don't have shoes on which to mount cleats. They definitely help with hills and even though hills suck on a SS, i'm rather glad I didn't set my bike up with gears.

For cheap track pedals, wellgo or MKS? If a bike has a JIS bottom bracket, the headset ought to be JIS too, right?

Thanks in advance!

pedals: stick with mks, wellgo are junk

JIS bb's only differ in the ends of the spindles, not the entire bb. you can mix a JIS bb with an ISO crank, but getting the chainline correct can be tricky. easiest is to stick with a JIS crank if you have a JIS bb.

JIS headsets actually differ in size, being that they are slightly smaller than a standard. If your frame requires a JIS headset, you can always face the inside to make it slightly larger.

the I.D. of a JIS headtube is 30mm (standard is 30.2)

the fork crown is also larger (27mm) compared to standard 26.4mm

you can measure these things with calipers, or have your LBS take care of this.