Bicyclettes

canice

I already have a frame that I'm working on that has wheels, etc. I'm not missing the pedals and seat I'm saying that this old bike I found has a leather brooks style saddle and bear trap pedals that I would like to use. I'm just worried that the seat has been wet on numerous occasions so I don't know if the leather is ruined or not. Also, the pedals are fairly rusty so I need to remove that. I guess my question is would this saddle be worthless if it has indeed been too wet or would there be a possibility for restoring it?

if the leather isn't cracked and the tension is still good, it's totally usable. i've ridden my brooks in the wet, i just use some of the leather oil that brooks makes to protect it.

someone recommend me a practical bike for city/road commuting. no fixed gear ish, but i do like clean lines and minimal parts.

i want some like 'best' and 'mid-range' gear/parts listings and brands to look for.

thanks, any help appreciated.

someone recommend me a practical bike for city/road commuting. no fixed gear ish, but i do like clean lines and minimal parts.

i want some like 'best' and 'mid-range' gear/parts listings and brands to look for.

anything entry level road bike or cyclocross will do you well. a single-speed will get you the cleanest looking, minimal part bike next to a fixed gear. A single speed (as the name implies) doesn't have gears though, so if you live in a hilly place and don't want to work hard to go up them, i'd get gears.

the reason why i suggest a cyclocross bike is that it has a bit wider tires than normal bikes, making the ride less abrasive. i'd suggest checking your local craigslist and then posting some here for us to look at.

just go into any bike shop and look around and ask for advice, theres a million bikes made for cities/commuting. if you have no idea about bikes don't waste your money on the 'best' parts, mid range stuff will do you fine.

^^^

Silly hipster... what's so bad about tape? Why not just get it the same color as your bars or something?

Paean, are those Conti Pro Races? I have the same pair, yet to mount and was wondering what your experience has been.

And on the topic of mountain biking, I do some trail riding on my brother's hybrid, so nothing too intense. Last time I went somewhere off the beaten path I ended up fighting my way through briars for almost two hours... not fun.

Someone help me figure out this trade...

I got a single fixed Phil hub to Silver Deep V...

I want:

To trade my friend for his Double Fixed Phil hub w/ two Phil lockrings. He only paid $100 for it, shoulda been mine but I spent the money on other parts. So...

I COULD try to have him pick up a silver b43 to add... But I dont know if I want that rim on my Cannondale. Couldnt be too bad... But still not sure...

Well thats the catch.

Of course its just for the looks. I already have silver Deep Vs, but Id rather have box rims for this bike. But I dont wanna switch the Deep Vs from the Cannondale, with the Open Pros on the Vivalo, and dont have the cash to shell out for a new wheelset, and dont wanna get rid of the Phils.

My Cannondale is almost done.

Managed to score the original steel track fork. Now just waiting for it to come in, get a color match, paint and install.

But I want the double fixed Phil, so I can rock two cogs and turn around when winter hits, which seems to be soon, here in CA.

This will be one fun street machine when I finally finish it... Which is soon, hopefully...

20090815201015.jpg

Pretty much finished, for the time being.

Vivalo Special

- Cheap janky headset.

- Nitto Jag to Nitto B123s. Champ grips at the tops, underneath the cloth tape. Its mad comfy. I didnt have the patience to wait till I picked up some thin Champs, to put on the drops. So oh well. Gloves.

- Sugino 75 bb, polished black S75 cranks w/ TA Specialties ring.

- Suzue Pro Max to Open Pros.

- Shit seat post w/ Selle SLR Saddle. Copped saddle on the cheaps!

Same exact shit as the last time I posted this...

Cheap/tiring/annoying shitty rattle can job. Weather turned when I decided to go the silver route, so it got splotchy. But fuck it, I finna ride this ho like your dog...

whot

might be a stupid question, but

can you take out axles and replace them to get different axle lengths?

(taking a 120 DA rear hub and putting on a 110 axle to space it differently)

I'm looking for a 100/110 set and it's kind of a pain in the ass to find

finding the hubset will be easier than finding the axle for that.

you can find the hubset online or through any bike shop that uses euroasia.

switching axles is not a problem, but finding a DA 110 axle set is pretty hard.

look out on ebay for used hubsets from japan, they are usually there