Bicyclettes

canice

Those look like clipless to me, but the point is pretty much the same otherwise.

btw clipless means it requires a special shoe with a cleat, which locks into a mechanism in the pedal holding the shoe to the pedal. clipless refers to the lack of a toe clip, but not to be confused with platform pedals without toe clips.

actual clips are called clipless and toe cages are called clips. its wierd

im looking for something like this

oliver-pistbike.jpg

the blue bianchi

where could i cop?

you want to roll in a bianchi and you dont know celeste?! no sir.

i've never ridden a kilo tt, but THAT is a starter bike, so are the windsorTHEHOUR, and motobecane messenger frame, etc. etc all cost 300-350 range for a complete bike.

there are also many others available at your lbs, and then there's also the option of a conversion.

you are a first timer yes? how about ride a cheap bike first where you wouldn't feel bad over dropping the bike when you're learning, beating it up, becoming comfy at riding/maneuvering. then when you know what you're doing and still into really riding and not just the fixie fashion hype; find your concept frame and build it up.

on another note: i rode my friends concept frame the other day, 165 cranks and size M clips: damn the geometry is crazy, the toe overlap tripped me out :[ he had also just finished telling me about when he was jamming downtown one day and was making a turn when the clip caught the wheel and he flew over the bars :\

concepts have low BBs they really arent meant for the street at all. but track bikes arent meant for the street.

you can build a cr-mo frame to be a fixed for like $200 and just ride it till it dies. if you really want a concept go for it but if you're new to riding its gonna be trashed in 3 weeks.

DSC01189.jpg

i rode this till some stooze opened her door on my face. and i rode the first 3 weeks with no clips

That's some funny shit.. That gate they locked up their decks on is a block from Self Edge.. Ground Zero for Fixies.

yes!! i never thought fixed push would be revived!

f45b28885f7596a5424f78a7a87afc23o.jpg

here's my dad warming up to race at the fixedpushodrome

during the mexicolympics of 87.

duuuuude

my BB on my Concept was plenty high for 167.5s and longs ass old school bmx pedals. never an issue.

I don't know anyone that rides 160 cranks on a track bike. everyone I know cranks 165 thru 172.5(172.5 seem to long for me)

Most track riders run 165 cranks and shorter riders run 160 cranks. There a girl at the track who uses 155 bmx cranks she's like 4'11

2099516814_d992acb375_b.jpg

whys it always about track bikes.

no toe overlap here

i wanna see you bust some wheelies on that ^^

scraper biiike!

I can't get the stem to clamp tight enough on the bars. but I have tried wheelies already,

bars always slip back and fork tube is to tight for track stem.

haha

cut a little square of tin out of a beer/soda can, wedge it in there. your bars don't fit your stem my dude

I was looking at that pic and it got me wondering. Where do the other ends of the sissy bar go? They go bending around the axle and I can't tell where to from there. And also, does it only have one drive wheel? In the second picture on velospace it looks like only the left wheel has any connection to the drivetrain but I can't really tell.

(velospace link http://velospace.org/node/6816 )

BUY THIS STUFF I DON'T NEED!

WHITE oury grips — brand spanking new, just out of the bag... $10

Nitto AA drop stem 110mm — like new.. no insertion marks... $75

Zoom tig stem — 1" steerer, 100mm, 25.4 clamp, brand new... took it off a new Little 500 bike from 2005... $20