thompson elite aluminum stem

fizik dolomiti saddle w/ titanium rails

stronglight crankset/bottom bracket/48t 1/8" chain ring

mks sylvan pedals/clips, campagnolo laminated straps

aerospoke up front, surly/open pro in the back

19t surly cog, surly chain tensioner

planet bike fenders, fuck the rain

I really like the fenders on this...

All I am saying is it doesnt make sense to have a front wheel that usually runs about twice what you paid for your frame. Id be more concerned about a quality frame than a front wheel that hipsters love. I still dont understand the whole assymetrical look all you kids love.

man when you paid 350 for a complete bike you don't have a lot of options about wheels that cost less than what the frame would have run you.

the reason i upgraded every part but the frame is because it fits and handles exactly how i want it to. but i completely understand the "entry level frame, expensive part(s)" hate, because i still have it too, but mostly just for pistas.

the reason i didn't get the rear aerospoke is because i love how light/strong/stiff the rear wheel i have right now is. my front wheel was turning to crap and this became availible to me, i could have gone with a matching front, but that wouldn't look half as ridiculous

All I am saying is it doesnt make sense to have a front wheel that usually runs about twice what you paid for your frame. Id be more concerned about a quality frame than a front wheel that hipsters love. I still dont understand the whole assymetrical look all you kids love.

There's nothing wrong w/ the Kilo frames..

^nothing wrong with my bikesdirect windsor frame either.

my bike being 300 cheap dint stop you (greentalks) from friending it on velospace.

whatever people wanna do with their bikes, they will do for their own reasons..

for themselves..

i also like my frame as is because i started with it, i'm used to it, and it's still perfectly fine.

frame and wheel..

my aerospoke cost more than my whole bike when i bought it, but the way i see it, it's not every individual component on the bike, but the total value of the bike as a whole and how you as the rider make use of it.

value not being $ but what you want on your own shit.

what's your favorite color?

and why?

and does it really matter?

What are some good options for threadless stems that don't look balls? I really like the harsh angle that quills give a guy....

Help a guy out, pics and links appreciated.

^nothing wrong with my bikesdirect windsor frame either.

my bike being 300 cheap dint stop you (greentalks) from friending it on velospace.

whatever people wanna do with their bikes, they will do for their own reasons..

for themselves..

i also like my frame as is because i started with it, i'm used to it, and it's still perfectly fine.

frame and wheel..

my aerospoke cost more than my whole bike when i bought it, but the way i see it, it's not every individual component on the bike, but the total value of the bike as a whole and how you as the rider make use of it.

value not being $ but what you want on your own shit.

what's your favorite color?

and why?

and does it really matter?

Do what u want..ignore other people's comment.

and one reason i would give for expensive parts on cheap frame is that, if u get a better frame in the future ur expensive parts willl come into the use. Either way u wont waste money on cheap parts.

Either go hard or dont go at all, like as in computers..u buy newer model instead of cheap model that u have to change more frequently. SAME SHIT different smell for bike.

I would like pictures of people and their bikes at their destinations. Wish I could build a bike but it would be impractical where I live. There are cyclists around, the guys who wear those ridiculous Lance Armstrong type spandex who ride around in the bike lanes but aside from biking for exercise, only places I could really go are like to the Blockbuster or supermarket.

In my opinion, the parts make the bike over the frame. I mean, as long as the frame isn't falling apart and fits you and you're ok with the weight, I don't see why you'd need a new one.

And no one has a machined front wheel to sell me? pretty please?

In my opinion, the parts make the bike over the frame. I mean, as long as the frame isn't falling apart and fits you and you're ok with the weight, I don't see why you'd need a new one.

agreed (mostly).

alot of power is lot on my khs (the same as the kilo) because it's kind of flexy. but at the end of the day, i love it enough that i want to spoil it with nice parts.

Ive ridden in...

Dunk Lows, Dunk Highs, Jordan 3s, Half Cabs, Authentics, Eras, Chukas, Skate Highs, Old Schools, Chucks, Air Maxs, and Blazers...

I found Chucks, Authentics, and Dunk Highs to feel real nice wen riding.

As far as lacing goes, I would tie my shoe regularly, and then tie it again. I just slip my shoes on anyways. So I kno at wat point my shoe is comfortable for riding, walking, and shit without having to untie them before or after riding.

OH today is a perfect day to ride and Im stuck until 5...

Played my first games of bike polo today, my kneees hurt..

and I'm dropping to 50x19 cuz it's easier for skids and shit

Good for you. I, myself, have terrible knees. Starting to pull more with my front foot to relieve pressure off the back leg... but it still has a bit of uncomfortable pressure.

48/18 now... will switch to 47/18 whence I get around to changing out the entire crankset.

For some reason I think my thicker road wheels are making my GI not true to measurements, perhaps a bit higher than actual calculations. Regardless I could go lower. Area I live in is practically hilly and tough-tumbly to merit it.