Bicyclettes

canice

my solution to stowing a bike in a closet sized dorm room..

3907196576_71cc702873_o.jpg

i came up with the idea and had a friend with a tube bending machine at his shop back home whip it up for me quick- basically a 3 foot long steel bar bent into the shape of a vertically stretched out "S"

one end of the S hooks around the sprinkler system pole hanging from the (high) ceiling while the opposite end wraps around the head tube.

came up with the idea after a smoking session the other day, dont know if something similars been done already but im pretty proud of/happy with it. works like a charm, and the bikes up high enough so as to stay out of the way of peoples heads and what not

pretty common to do that stuff in dorms yo. your kind of lucky though, it looks like you have a high ceiling.

i just got a beater apollo with shimao 600 and the aero pedals didnt come with clips. even still they'd probably suck with shoes.

Anyone using MKS GR-9s? are they really that narrow? im a sz 11 but i generally wear chucks or other slim shoes. any cheapo pedals id be better off with? wellgo track or mks ar2?

So yeah, turns out my bike is of course JIS. As luck would have it though, the headset I ordered (seller indicated it had a 27.0mm ID crown race) is ISO (as indicated by the 26.4 inscribed on the underside of the crown race). Looks like i'm going to have to have my fork milled (seller is getting a poor rating).

On the bright side, I now know that I was right in ordering a JIS BB.

pretty common to do that stuff in dorms yo. your kind of lucky though, it looks like you have a high ceiling.

i just got a beater apollo with shimao 600 and the aero pedals didnt come with clips. even still they'd probably suck with shoes.

Anyone using MKS GR-9s? are they really that narrow? im a sz 11 but i generally wear chucks or other slim shoes. any cheapo pedals id be better off with? wellgo track or mks ar2?

Nah they're not that narrow. A buddy of mine rides on them in vans half cabs and other not "slim" shoes.

my solution to stowing a bike in a closet sized dorm room..

3907196576_71cc702873_o.jpg

i came up with the idea and had a friend with a tube bending machine at his shop back home whip it up for me quick- basically a 3 foot long steel bar bent into the shape of a vertically stretched out "S"

one end of the S hooks around the sprinkler system pole hanging from the (high) ceiling while the opposite end wraps around the head tube.

came up with the idea after a smoking session the other day, dont know if something similars been done already but im pretty proud of/happy with it. works like a charm, and the bikes up high enough so as to stay out of the way of peoples heads and what not

It looks like Tony is gesturing the bike.

"Wheeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeee's your fucking brakes?!"

i'm a size 14 EEE and i ride em just fine. they're more slim than track pedals, but still very rideable. i think mine only fit about 3/4 of my foot width wise, still not bad.

I have an extra set of Shimano 600 toeclips. sized large. pm me.

just replaced the tires which came with my bike. on vittoria diamante pros and it feels like i'm flying. the steering is a lot sharper now and it feels very at ease when flying around corners.

i was checking out the new spokeman cycles by union sq that just opened up yesterday, the fukn guy said i was a hipster for having a brooks saddle and a white bike lol. I hope they go out of business

sounds like NYC bikes in williamburg. i went in to buy about $100 in parts/tools since i got a nasty flat without my bag and they told me to "get the fuck out of my store without a brake on that death trap you poser"

go out of business and die, nyc bikes.

haha nah i think they were making fun of the fact that my bike is pretty budget (fuji track) compared to the fukn bianchi concepts and japanese lugged steel frames that they're used to seeing, like they're some evolved form of elitest bicyclists above hipsters on tarck bikes..

i think that frame is a Leader frame.

you can tell by those hideous dropouts...

no offense, bento, thats still a pretty dope bike.

i've always liked the aesthetics of a bike with

that cut out from the seat tube, like a pista concept or something