Bicyclettes

canice

whats up with the white saddles everyone? cant deny that an indigo stained saddle isnt sexy...

my san marco

sexysuede.jpg

My Concor looks just like this... Ive been thinking of bleaching it, to return it to white, because the white itself has yellowed a good amount...

But I dont think bleach would agree with the leather.

If this is really something you're diehard about you can strip the finish off and re-dye with white leather dye/finish (same bottle.)

It wouldn't take that much doin', but yeah, bleach would not have the effect you're seeking, if it were not in fact more detrimental to the leather quality.

Easier option might be to use saddle soap and shoe whitener, but you won't get the 100% result. I saw pics of some guy's stripped Regal that had stripes all over it that he refinished, you'd never know it wasn't deadstock like that.

Paint stripper is awesome, stripped all the paint from my frame today. I used Strip-Klean paint stripper, a 1" paint brush, putty knife, wire brush, synthetic steel wool, and a towel, and a pie tin to pour the stripper into. It's crazy because it starts to crackle and peel the paint within a few minutes, you can hear it fizzle off. I sanded it to help the stripper penetrate the clear coat, and the blue tape is covering the trek logo/made in USA stamp. If anyone is painting a bike it's worth it to take the time and $30 worth of supplies and completely strip it.

If I had access to a bead-blaster I would blast the frame, sand it with the steel wool, and put a satin clear over it because the raw aluminum just looks so nice in my opinion.

img2482s.jpg

img2484g.jpg

img2486s.jpg

img2513yih.jpg

img2514e.jpg

after several days of convincing myself I could afford this ( I can't ) I picked up this mid-late 80's Pogliaghli road bike.

SLX tubing, a mix of suntour superbe, 600, Sante, 105 levers and shifters and a campy seatpost. I need pedals asap as well as some less retarded bars (cinelli criterion maybe? did suntour make any cool bar/stem combos?)

alll I have is this shitty cell photo for now...

3716294528_fa212ddf8a.jpg?v=0

Oi, that gives me the heebies.

I've never had a problem with steel and rust, but galvanic corrosion and aluminum is a different story. Stuck seatposts, forks, stems, cables, blech.

Pics of that naked aluminum frame is basically a tarantula down the back of my shirt.

Don't worry it's going to be primered and painted a nice metallic silver with satin clear.

adjust the seat so your leg is straight when u pedal down

take of any rust thats on try polishing if you can

hope those arent tubulars cuz then u'll need to buy new wheelset haha

grease everything up

get a friend who knows bikes to check the shifting and make sure everything is adjusted, u dont want your chain flying off when u try switching gears

lube up the cables too and check your brakes

tighten everything

most of all ride it, that will help alot

^If your leg is straight at full downpedal, you are doing something wrong.

for someone that has very few knowledge of riding bikes, I thought this would be a simple way to fix the seat height, but ideally you would want a slight bend not full lock out.