material boy

hughsd

MB is from here in perth. glad to see a local designer doing so well.

the vast majority of MB shit is fucking awful.

the decent pieces are the more understated ones.

to me, it just screams 'i really really wanna be a trendy hipster'. none of it (except some of the more understated pieces) has any sort of life beyond a couple of seasons.

Would you be able to move around properly with such a crotch? Im thinking it would mess up peoples' walking/running strides or something. :confused:

I heard a LARGE amount of people were complaining about the low crotch jeans because they couldnt get up stairs or dance crazily, haha

yeah this guy is a great designer although fashion in australia is kind of becoming mainstream, so its like, whatever designer is hot, people wear them, and they seem 'fashionable'.

some people just can't pull off the look and some can, thats my opinion anyways

and the people who can pull off the 'material boy' look are the tsubots skinny, tall, 'colourful emos'!

'unfortunately' how ratatat?

because you don't like it, or because you did like it, but now it is played?

to be honest i'm not really sure...i kinda want to like material boy, but the same people who jumped on tsubi 3 years too late are ripping MB apart now.. some of the stuff is good, some of it is unwearable, but i like that he's doing something different at least, and the fact that it's selling down here is great i guess.

A lot of this looks like what the kids at RISD design for themselves, not a bad thing, but I'm not big into the incorporation of creative counter/subcultures.