A MUST READ: WSJ - Is Admissions Bar Higher for Asians At Elite Schools?

djrajio

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea, i know i come from a rich area (like the rich part of plano, cause that median income is low for my side of town). which is why i believe what i believe even more. because since everybody that lives in my city has a good amount of money, economic factors are out the door. i guess you can claim asian parents are harder on their kids than black parents, but it's not like black parents just let their kids do whatever. to get to where they are and live in the area i live in, they had to work hard themselves, so it's not like there's no pressure at home to do well academically. blacks and whites in my town can afford to send their kids to after school tutors as well as any asian.

looking at my school's report card, i see that asians do better than everybody else.

(http://k-12.pisd.edu/schools/aeis/pshs/pshs_aeis05.pdf)

but you are right about the fact that there are mainly chinese and indians as far as asians go. and by chinese i pretty much mean taiwanese and korean also. but if the system doesn't separate them, i don't either.

i was meaning to ask this. but you kind of just answered the question when you put your high school report card thing there....i'll stop there..

• 2 years later...