Shrinking My APCS

Firstly, I've searched without no specific luck, so if someone can point me in the right direction that would be great... if not, then here is the issue:

I have a pair of APCs unwashed around 5 months old and when i bought them they fit nicely with out a belt but now they are too big in the waist.

Firstly, are they pre-shrunk?

How would I get the greatest shrinkage without any color loss because I plan to go a few more months before washing them.

cold soak inside out in a tub, lay flat, no agitation, hang dry.

they are sanfoized, but ive heard of them losing up to an inch in length. should be minimal tho. the waist shuld shrink back to the size they were when you bought them.

not that i have apc, but this is what ive read.

I did the same with my NS. At one month, I soaked them after a pretty gnarly party and because the knees bagged out really bad.I cold soked them for about 8 hours and just hang dried them overnight. In the morning they were almost as tight as when I bought them but they stretched out to again in a matter or hours.The only significant shrinking was the hem ( didnt measurehow much though).You should have seen the water after 8 hours though...disgusting.

not to steal your post but I too also have a question about shrinking my apcs so i see it fit to posti n ehre as well to save bandwith

my question is,

I plan on buying some APC NS in a 29 and i recall that all the inseams are size 34, if I do a warm wash for the inseam to shrink a bit, hopefully 32? will it have a major affect on the indigo or starch/stiffness?

any tips for getting the inseam to shrink (via washing or etc )other than getting then hem?

• 4 weeks later...
i'd suggest wetting the waistband and throwing them in the dryer. that would def shrink them down for sure.

you just wrote exactly what i wrote, shrinkage should be minimal in the legs.

I just did this (let the waist soak for a few hours in hot water) and then threw them in the dryer. The waist shrunk a ton and the rest of the jeans fit the same.

Glad I did this because I was going to either give these jeans away (RRL) or just throw them in a bin and never look at them again

The length of them may shrink significantly. My APC NS shrunk from a 35"? I think thats what APC start out as, and now they measure 29 1/2" and I cant wear them with any other shoes other than my skate shoes. I did a cold soak at 2 months of wear, and a wash at 5 1/2 months.(handwash)

So I would be careful.

I had just emailed APC within the past week inquiring about the New Standards & their sizing and washing because I'm thinking about getting some. The reply they sent me was that their sizes run large. They said that for a 33" waist, I should actually get a 30-31. They said that they would be a bit tight at first, but then, like you said, stretch out about an inch. When I asked about washing or pre-soaking, the response was to dry clean only, that washing would shrink it a couple inches & would remove the indigo. Although I don't know how they could expect anyone to wear jeans and them not get wet. But I do not own any so I don't know this for sure.

I had just emailed APC within the past week inquiring about the New Standards & their sizing and washing because I'm thinking about getting some. The reply they sent me was that their sizes run large. They said that for a 33" waist, I should actually get a 30-31. They said that they would be a bit tight at first, but then, like you said, stretch out about an inch. When I asked about washing or pre-soaking, the response was to dry clean only, that washing would shrink it a couple inches & would remove the indigo. Although I don't know how they could expect anyone to wear jeans and them not get wet. But I do not own any so I don't know this for sure.

What they mean is not if you get the wet from washing your hands or anything, its refering to a soak or washing in the washing machine you will lose some of that indigo. It wont also shrink from getting a sprinkle of water on them.