Thorn's Jeans

Thorns

I realize this is sorta played out and I apologize for making a new thread, but I didn't want to jack Miz or Ande's threads on making their own jeans. I've been making jeans for awhile and I'm pretty decent at it. Normally i just make jeans for friends who want a pair to fit a certain way and can't find any jeans that do. While I generally don't take many pics, I figured I would post these up and maybe somebody would be interested.

tour042.jpg

tour041.jpg

These have been soaked once. 13.5 oz. Black stitching. My camera butchers colors so the blue looks weird and you can't see the stitching at all, but I promise its there. Most of the time i prefer making slimmer jeans, but this client really wanted a slightly fuller cut.

I hate to be the first to really criticize, but that has got to be one of the least flattering cuts I have ever seen.

It just looks very amateur-ish in general.

Keep it up, though. I think once you get some more experience cutting clothes for different body types, and maybe shrinking the pockets somewhat in addition to using a different colored seam, you might have something.

Well I agree with all of you. Its really not my thing. I prefer making slim cuts. But its what the guy really wanted, so thats what I made him.

Oh and @ wild style... they do have back pockets... my camera sucks and you can't see them.

Guest Fade to Black
they remind me of that 70's show.

lol.............

i dunno, the fabric looks kind of cheap. But i'd like to see what you can come up with a professional production set-up.

I think you did a good Thorns. The pic's were dark, couldn't see much and my monitor is like form the early 90's I swear, anyways lightened them up in a photo programme. I think they suit that dude, I am guessing he is not mega slim, but ain't big neither. Cutting a decent bootleg is fucking difficult at the best of times. I spent a good 3-4 years cutting and re-cutting the Rodeo, now I hate bootlegs and binned the pattern a couple of weeks ago, completely ripped it up. The first 10-15 pairs I made were absolute rubbish. How many pairs have you knocked out now T? It takes a while huh, subtleness of cut is mind bending, to much here, not enough there and its fucked. Denim weight, drape, curves, seam alowances, top stitching colour....denim science. Keep going bro, you doin' swell, every pair gets better and better.