gap has raw, 'authentic japanese', selvedge jeans.

chris

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mike lowrey = drying with a fan blowing thru them thru the waist on high speed ..

jeans dry in less than an hour according to him - but don't quote me on that ..

it is pretty quick though

would be a bitch if you had a dust mite colony living in dust balls of your not so new not so clean fan .. like whoa

I'm considering getting this very size. Could you please post after soak measurements?

(in inches when laid flat)

15.5 across the back

8.5 leg opening

real close to 32 inseam

shrunk about 2 inches in length (they're longer than listed) .5-1 inch in waist (but i'm normally a 30 so its been stretched back to that) and the legs also got a little slimmer

unfortunately i dont have pre-soak measurments to compare accurately

cool, thanks man. Anyone have the poast soak measure for inseams tagged 30?

yep. after an hour hot/warm tub soak inseam is 30. (also picked up 28x30s, did not fit after soak [or before for that matter, figured i'd give it a shot] so i'm shipping them to a friend)

we just now got those $70 "ridgid denim" straight fits in. they're a similar denim to the Goughs ("authentic japanese denim" on the inside of the waistband) but different selvage a slighlty different cut.

also that ugly exposed selvage coin pocket

dcfc0020yx8.jpg

gap gough in 28w30l(more like 32l... barely long enough)

i like em. denim is nicer than i thought it would be, and i feel like im wearing nudies or something when i wear them.

cheap, those looking really good on you. looking forward to get mine in the mail. i wonder if gap is discontinuing them? i heard they are pretty hard to get now.

im in london, england now and only 1 out of 3 gap stores i've been to carry the goughs.

the odd thing is, the ones in england, the styling is A LITTLE different. there's no "authentic japanese denim" inside the jean. the back pockets fold much deeper. and one of the coin pocket selvage is showing.

the morrisons here are exactly the same. except they're grey instead of indigo.

im in london, england now and only 1 out of 3 gap stores i've been to carry the goughs.

the odd thing is, the ones in england, the styling is A LITTLE different. there's no "authentic japanese denim" inside the jean. the back pockets fold much deeper. and one of the coin pocket selvage is showing.

the morrisons here are exactly the same. except they're grey instead of indigo.

Those sound like the Straight Selvedge jeans, not the Goughs.

just got the morrisons for $40cdn- i liked the denim of the goughs better, but they fit me weird. the morrison's fake-ass combs and ankle creases piss me off, but $40 - wygd?

thing is they're a little loose at the waist/ass (i know, i know, but they didn't have my size), but are a good length. I'm afraid that they'll be way too short if I soak.

Could I just hot soak the waist and leave the rest dry(ish), or will I lose too much indigo ? If I add vinegar and salt to the water, will that help them retain color, or is that just a myth?

So, i received my Goughs today. I ordered a sz 31/30 and a 32/32.

31/30

http://hotimg2.fotki.com/a/68_49/180_108/DSC00133.jpg

http://hotimg1.fotki.com/b/68_49/180_108/DSC00135.jpg

http://hotimg1.fotki.com/b/68_49/180_108/DSC00134.jpg

Tagged Waist: 31

Tagged Length: 30

Waist: 32

Inseam: 32

Hem: 9.25 (flat)

Front Rise: 10.5

Rear Rise: 13.5

Upper Thigh: 10.5

Knee: 9.25

Tagged Waist: 32

Tagged Length: 32

Waist: 34

Inseam: 33

Hem: 9.5 (flat)

Front Rise: 11

Rear Rise: 13.75

Upper Thigh: 10.75

Knee: 9.5

i think i could have fit a 30. smallest size they had was a 31. the 32s are pretty big on me. don't look bad for a baggy look though. will probably sell them.

pros: 1. cheap. never would have paid the og price of 98. but for 20 bucks, you can't go wrong.

2. fit is pretty good. reminds me of my APC NS. or even a Nudie RRDS.

cons: 1. kind of baggy in the thigh area. my thighs are around 21-22 inches. and i have tons of room. a lot more room than my APCs.

2. the stitching at the hem is black. should have used the same color stitching as the rest of the jean, imo. i think these are meant to wear cuffed, so maybe that's why for the black color.

3. white patch has got to go. and they used white stitching around the belt loop. should have kept it simple there, like the rest of the jean.

4. buttons are big round knickel size. ugly.

overall, for 20 bucks i think it's worth it. it's going to be interesting to see how these fade.

i tried a pair of these on today and i hate the way they fit.i thought about picking them up and having the bottom tapered but got a like 20 dollar pair of morrisons instead, just to trash around in and destroy. has anyone tried starching these or anything?

Those sound like the Straight Selvedge jeans, not the Goughs.

they're goughs for sure cuz i own a pair. they're EXACTLY the same other than the things i mentioned.. (one of the two coin pockets have shown selvage, and the back pockets fold in a lot more)... also, it has the two dress loops sewn inside for ease of hanging. and minus the "authentic japanese denim"... plus it's got GOUGH written on the white patch.