APC denim

Geowu

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you even read this thread? Sounds like denim leggings.

You and me both, man. Something tells me with the trend towards more fuller cuts starting though, we won't be seeing that, which is shit.

Why don't you just get the NS and go have a tailor taper the legs?

Took some pictures of Jason Schwartzman when he was i Sweden promoting Darjeeling limited, he wore New Cures, said he had been wearing them for four years. I told him to het New Standards.

apc3ar9.th.jpg

Celebrity saying they were down with something since X years ago.. Cut that in half for the real number.

^are you really still going on about this? whats your waist? if you want slim, go down 2, if you want emo-tight go down 3. i went down 2 to a 34 and they are slim, but not tight, and they've stretched out a considerable amount. after the first soak, they returned to their prior tightness from when i started them but they've since stretched out to an extremely comfortable state.

just go down two. if you don't like it, sell them, and rebuy and go down 1 instead.

Took some pictures of Jason Schwartzman when he was i Sweden promoting Darjeeling limited, he wore New Cures, said he had been wearing them for four years. I told him to het New Standards.

apc3ar9.th.jpg

Didn't APC just release the NC's about two years ago? I was under the impression they were pretty new compared to the other cuts. NC's > NS's.

So it seems my NC's are on an indefinite hiatus. The good news is I can say that Marc Jacobs backpacks have some seriously sturdy plastic clips. The bad news is I had sat down on the strap of my bag on a crowded bus, and when I pulled it out from under me, there's a tiny half-inch tear right under the seam on my left leg. So I've gotta find a decent place to patch them up in Toronto before I can wear them any more. Really disappointing as they were just starting to look good.

Even if dude's been wearing his cures or new cures or whatever the fuck for four years, that doesn't necessarily mean every single day. Dude has no reason to lie or to be down with anyone, he probably has all the money and respect one grown man needs... Maybe he has had them for four years.. who cares?

Anywho, anyone know where to get some new standards in sz 27 for under 100?

Even if dude's been wearing his cures or new cures or whatever the fuck for four years, that doesn't necessarily mean every single day. Dude has no reason to lie or to be down with anyone, he probably has all the money and respect one grown man needs... Maybe he has had them for four years.. who cares?

Anywho, anyone know where to get some new standards in sz 27 for under 100?

supermarket, they usually have some for around 80-120 or something. maybe not in size 27 but i've seen 28s. search it.

Guest sousvide

Hey I'm wondering if the inseam length gets longer as the waiste sizes get bigger?

I'm normally a 33 waist, and 35-36 length. I tried on NS 34s and they fit perfect, but obviously they are going to stretch. What do you think? thanks.

Guest youkinorn

sizing up in APC?

mind boggling.

Also, from my experience, they won't stretch in the inseam (how would they unless you intentionally stretched them?)

Even though they are sanforized, I feel that my rescues have gotten a little shorter than when they were new...although I haven't taken measurements to confirm that.

holy shit this thread has gone to sooooo many noobs. no offense guys, but honestly, you've all asked the same questions over and over and over again. and yes, i was once like you, but i decided to just GET THEM, instead of repeating myself over and over again.

OK, here goes:

-APC New Standard: Normally, people like to size down between 1-3 on these. They are a straighter legged cut, wider leg openings, and a very standard profile. While they can be worn baggy or tight, that is to the wearer's discretion. New Standards are selvage denim, and if you refer to any picture of them, they will tell you so. NS now come in indigo and black raw denim, so you can go either way. The sizing on the black is a tad bit different due to the denim by affected by a different dye, but it should not affect the overall sizing. YES, these jeans do stretch, that is why you size down considerably from what your real waist is. Knee bulge will happen if you get them sized down considerably, but will not ruin your jeans. If you soak them, they will shrink some and assume a form closer to their original shape.

-APC New Cure: New Cures are very similar to NS, save for the fact that they are not selvage and have a tapered leg opening. The silhouette is much slimmer and generally tighter. Most people size down only 1-2 (I sized down 2) on these. But, like other APC jeans, they stretch considerably after a couple weeks of wear. APC NC's have been made in indigo and a prewashed grey denim, and there has been no indication that they will be doing black, as of yet. The different between New Cures and Cures is just that, one is a more recent version of the other. The Cure, generally, has been the women's version of the NC, but APC seems to make jeans on a unisex level, so they can go either way.

DO NOT WORRY IF THEY ARE RIDICULOUSLY STIFF WHEN YOU GET THEM, THAT IS THE NATURE OF QUALITY RAW/DRY DENIM. THEY WILL SOFTEN UP IN ~30 WEARS (2 WEEKS IF YOU WEAR THEM EVERY DAY). THIS DOES NOT MEAN THAT THEY WILL BE FLIMSY, IT MEANS THEY WILL ADHERE TO YOUR BODY AND BECOME MORE AND MORE COMFORTABLE. APC DENIM IS TOUGH AS NAILS AND THE ONLY REAL WAY TO RIP THEM IS TO DO SPLITS OR SOMETHING ALONG THOSE LINES, IF YOU'RE NOT CAREFUL THAT IS.

SO, what have we learned children:

-NS: size down between 1-3, if you're unsure, go 2 or 1. These are straight leg, and have a wider leg opening than NC's - selvage

-NC: size down between 1-2, if unsure, just 1. These are a tapered straight leg, and have a slimmer opening below the knee than NS's - non-selvage

-When soaking your APC's, it is generally best to do a 2 hour soak in hot water. I am prone to add ~2 small gobs of Woolite Dark, and when they are finished, rap them in a towel, pat till excess water is out, hang to dry, wear if you want them to stretch a bit.

-When washing your APC's, just wash them as you would any regular pair of jeans, but DO NOT put them in the dryer if you are afraid they might shrink too much. Cotton will always shrink when exposed to heat for extended periods of time.

Both around $140 at most retailers that stock them. If you are unhappy with them once you receive them, do not worry, you can always resell them. There are plenty of people who would take a brand new pair of APC's w/ tags off your hands for close if not the same price as you paid. Also, do yourself a favor and try and go to a store to try them on, its the only real way to be sure of your purchase.

Enjoy your A.P.C's!

hope that helped everyone. My facts might be a little off, but generally, that is what I've learned from this entire thread.

^^ I think the New Cure is a Unisex jeans. The "female" sizes are probably just the smaller waist sizes? 25 and less?

Anyways, lets see some more pics of the Black NS..

edit: Jeepster beat me to it.

To add on to his info, the Cure is somewhere between the New Cure and the New Standard. So if you think the New Cure is too tight, and the New Standard is too baggy, try to find a pair of Cures.

I thought the grey wash was available in the Cure and not the New Cure? Anyways, they're no longer available.

APC also has prewashed/predistressed denim.

holy shit this thread has gone to sooooo many noobs. no offense guys, but honestly, you've all asked the same questions over and over and over again. and yes, i was once like you, but i decided to just GET THEM, instead of repeating myself over and over again.

OK, here goes:

-APC New Standard: Normally, people like to size down between 1-3 on these. They are a straighter legged cut, wider leg openings, and a very standard profile. While they can be worn baggy or tight, that is to the wearer's discretion. New Standards are selvage denim, and if you refer to any picture of them, they will tell you so. NS now come in indigo and black raw denim, so you can go either way. The sizing on the black is a tad bit different due to the denim by affected by a different dye, but it should not affect the overall sizing. YES, these jeans do stretch, that is why you size down considerably from what your real waist is. Knee bulge will happen if you get them sized down considerably, but will not ruin your jeans. If you soak them, they will shrink some and assume a form closer to their original shape.

-APC New Cure: New Cures are very similar to NS, save for the fact that they are not selvage and have a tapered leg opening. The silhouette is much slimmer and generally tighter. Most people size down only 1-2 (I sized down 2) on these. But, like other APC jeans, they stretch considerably after a couple weeks of wear. APC NC's have been made in indigo and a prewashed grey denim, and there has been no indication that they will be doing black, as of yet. The different between New Cures and Cures is just that, one is a more recent version of the other. The Cure, generally, has been the women's version of the NC, but APC seems to make jeans on a unisex level, so they can go either way.

DO NOT WORRY IF THEY ARE RIDICULOUSLY STIFF WHEN YOU GET THEM, THAT IS THE NATURE OF QUALITY RAW/DRY DENIM. THEY WILL SOFTEN UP IN ~30 WEARS (2 WEEKS IF YOU WEAR THEM EVERY DAY). THIS DOES NOT MEAN THAT THEY WILL BE FLIMSY, IT MEANS THEY WILL ADHERE TO YOUR BODY AND BECOME MORE AND MORE COMFORTABLE. APC DENIM IS TOUGH AS NAILS AND THE ONLY REAL WAY TO RIP THEM IS TO DO SPLITS OR SOMETHING ALONG THOSE LINES, IF YOU'RE NOT CAREFUL THAT IS.

-NS: size down between 1-3, if you're unsure, go 2 or 1. These are straight leg, and have a wider leg opening than NC's - selvage

-NC: size down between 1-2, if unsure, just 1. These are a tapered straight leg, and have a slimmer opening below the knee than NS's - non-selvage

-When soaking your APC's, it is generally best to do a 2 hour soak in hot water. I am prone to add ~2 small gobs of Woolite Dark, and when they are finished, rap them in a towel, pat till excess water is out, hang to dry, wear if you want them to stretch a bit.

-When washing your APC's, just wash them as you would any regular pair of jeans, but DO NOT put them in the dryer if you are afraid they might shrink too much. Cotton will always shrink when exposed to heat for extended periods of time.

Both around $140 at most retailers that stock them. If you are unhappy with them once you receive them, do not worry, you can always resell them. There are plenty of people who would take a brand new pair of APC's w/ tags off your hands for close if not the same price as you paid. Also, do yourself a favor and try and go to a store to try them on, its the only real way to be sure of your purchase.

Enjoy your A.P.C's!

hope that helped everyone. My facts might be a little off, but generally, that is what I've learned from this entire thread.

you made my day! why can't we just post that shit on the first page anyway??

Nice post! I would say if you're unsure of NS sizing, always size down 2, never just 1.

jeepster: just curious, APCs are sanforized so whats the point of soaking? or is that when your doing it down the road after significant wear?

if you want to get indigo, smell, dirt, creases, etc. out. i soaked mine cause they were stinking. its always good to soak a pair of jeans if the smell becomes too much, and if you're not ready to wash them.

Cures and New Cures are different fits, not just different names. Cures have bigger thighs, like the NS and i think they might have slightly higher rise by like .5".