APC denim

Geowu

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking for some raw denim to wear baggy and was wondering how much of a difference there is between the New Standards and the Rescues. I know the Rescues are supposed to be wider, but I can get the New Standards tomorrow and would have to wait for the Rescues, so can someone tell me if its worth the wait. Again, I want to wear them on the baggy side.

Third option is some raw denim Levi's.

SELVAGE SELVEDGE DIOR HOMME JIL SANDER NWT MINT LOOK!

holy shit this thread has gone to sooooo many noobs. no offense guys, but honestly, you've all asked the same questions over and over and over again. and yes, i was once like you, but i decided to just GET THEM, instead of repeating myself over and over again.

OK, here goes:

-APC New Standard: Normally, people like to size down between 1-3 on these. They are a straighter legged cut, wider leg openings, and a very standard profile. While they can be worn baggy or tight, that is to the wearer's discretion. New Standards are selvage denim, and if you refer to any picture of them, they will tell you so. NS now come in indigo and black raw denim, so you can go either way. The sizing on the black is a tad bit different due to the denim by affected by a different dye, but it should not affect the overall sizing. YES, these jeans do stretch, that is why you size down considerably from what your real waist is. Knee bulge will happen if you get them sized down considerably, but will not ruin your jeans. If you soak them, they will shrink some and assume a form closer to their original shape.

-APC New Cure: New Cures are very similar to NS, save for the fact that they are not selvage and have a tapered leg opening. The silhouette is much slimmer and generally tighter. Most people size down only 1-2 (I sized down 2) on these. But, like other APC jeans, they stretch considerably after a couple weeks of wear. APC NC's have been made in indigo and a prewashed grey denim, and there has been no indication that they will be doing black, as of yet. The different between New Cures and Cures is just that, one is a more recent version of the other. The Cure, generally, has been the women's version of the NC, but APC seems to make jeans on a unisex level, so they can go either way.

DO NOT WORRY IF THEY ARE RIDICULOUSLY STIFF WHEN YOU GET THEM, THAT IS THE NATURE OF QUALITY RAW/DRY DENIM. THEY WILL SOFTEN UP IN ~30 WEARS (2 WEEKS IF YOU WEAR THEM EVERY DAY). THIS DOES NOT MEAN THAT THEY WILL BE FLIMSY, IT MEANS THEY WILL ADHERE TO YOUR BODY AND BECOME MORE AND MORE COMFORTABLE. APC DENIM IS TOUGH AS NAILS AND THE ONLY REAL WAY TO RIP THEM IS TO DO SPLITS OR SOMETHING ALONG THOSE LINES, IF YOU'RE NOT CAREFUL THAT IS.

SO, what have we learned children:

-NS: size down between 1-3, if you're unsure, go 2 or 1. These are straight leg, and have a wider leg opening than NC's - selvage

-NC: size down between 1-2, if unsure, just 1. These are a tapered straight leg, and have a slimmer opening below the knee than NS's - non-selvage

-When soaking your APC's, it is generally best to do a 2 hour soak in hot water. I am prone to add ~2 small gobs of Woolite Dark, and when they are finished, rap them in a towel, pat till excess water is out, hang to dry, wear if you want them to stretch a bit.

-When washing your APC's, just wash them as you would any regular pair of jeans, but DO NOT put them in the dryer if you are afraid they might shrink too much. Cotton will always shrink when exposed to heat for extended periods of time.

Both around $140 at most retailers that stock them. If you are unhappy with them once you receive them, do not worry, you can always resell them. There are plenty of people who would take a brand new pair of APC's w/ tags off your hands for close if not the same price as you paid. Also, do yourself a favor and try and go to a store to try them on, its the only real way to be sure of your purchase.

Enjoy your A.P.C's!

hope that helped everyone. My facts might be a little off, but generally, that is what I've learned from this entire thread.

I'm looking for some raw denim to wear baggy and was wondering how much of a difference there is between the New Standards and the Rescues. I know the Rescues are supposed to be wider, but I can get the New Standards tomorrow and would have to wait for the Rescues, so can someone tell me if its worth the wait. Again, I want to wear them on the baggy side.

get the new standard -1 or -2 from your true waist size.......wear ot fpr 2 weeks and they will stretch out pretty baggy

but that all depends on what you rdefinition of baggy is..........with the aforementioned method, im sure it will be hard to keep your pants up w/o a belt

If you want baggy I'd say to go with the rescues as they have a slightly more pronounced straight leg fit (new standards aren't slim, but i notice that they are slimmer). you could probably just go true to size, and it would end up as a baggy/relaxed fit.

for the hell of it, I tried on both the indigo NS and black NS tonight and the black in the same size fit tighter than the indigos, most noticeably around the waist. I personally would have to size up 1 from my indigo size. I don't know if they've changed the cut recently, but I found it to fit much better around the top than before, less droopy ass than I remember.

I also saw the smallest size NS ever... size 24. No idea who would fit into those.

sorry for another "noob" question...

If you cuff your hems...will there be a distressed mark after the wash/soak?

Having done this for a bit there isn't much to show of it (as in "my jeans will always cuff at that level but there isn't any real sign of it"), it doesn't affect stacking too much either.

Though I also decided to screw it and just go for a little stacking after a while

guys im normally a 31 in jeans, got some 29s. they were pretty snug when i first got them, ive been wearing them for less than 2 days and they are already pretty comfortable. is that mean its gonna stretch out too much?

how much time will i take for it to reach max stretch? if they get too big i will just sell them off.

stupid APC sizing.

guys im normally a 31 in jeans, got some 29s. they were pretty snug when i first got them, ive been wearing them for less than 2 days and they are already pretty comfortable. is that mean its gonna stretch out too much?

how much time will i take for it to reach max stretch? if they get too big i will just sell them off.

stupid APC sizing.

Wear a belt when they get to a comfortable size around the waist. Leg stretch isn't really all that bad.

I think some of these stretch inquiries are getting eccentric. If the jeans looked right when you got them then you should be good as time goes on. Stretching is natural and is simply the evolution of your raw denim.

Obsessing over stretching runs the risk of buying too small and having to resell and recalculate for your next pair.

hey guys, got a pair of apc from denim bar, is it me or has apc changed their jeans? i remember trying on a pair a year ago at a store and they were really shiny, the pair sent to me is new no doubt but i don't see the "sheen" of the apc i remember trying on.