APC denim

Geowu

My APC's length shrank just over 2" on the first soak. So if you hem them first, make sure to leave enough length so you don't have high waters later.

I folks, newbie here. Im going on vacation next week and want to do an ocean wash Just for the heck of it. Whether it "works" or not ill let you know.

Anyway, my NS are about 3 inches too long. Ive done a search but dont seem to find any consensus on hemming prior to the wash or not. What would you reccomend. Im not a fan of stacking. If the answer is yes...how much extra should i allow for shrinkage

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just got my APC's size 30.

haha, i now know what everyone means when they say that they feel like cardboard.

it was difficult putting them on, but not annoyingly difficult.

before even trying them on i made sure to measure them (out of curiosity).

16.2 inches across. almost 32 and a half inches at the waist.

-----

i think i am going to exchange them for a size 28.

but i'm not sure if there is any difference (besides the waist size) between size 30's and size 28's. do the measurements change at all? or is it just the waist size?

anyone care to shine a little light on my situation? i'd really appreciate it.

thanks!

^ well if you wear them a little below your waist which as you said was a 34 then that means at your hips a little below your waist its ganna be 1-2 inches bigger anyway...so a 30 should be a nice confortable fit.

and you were right! it was a nice comfortable fit.

but i can see the denim eventually stretching and me having to wear a belt with them.

i can only hope the 28's i am thinking of ordering will eventually feel like the pair i just have now AFTER stretching. :(

Hi all, ive been experimenting with jeans. I am working on a pair of NS size 33 (36 wasit actual size). I do like the cut and have gotton compliments on them but feel the crotch area is both a bit squeezed and too short. Id like to explore another brand that fits in between the NS and the ultra baggy sugar canes and LVC 's i have. Without the tapered leg opening.

So for browsing the forum puproses are the NS considered low rise or mid rise. Im only 6 foot and i cant believe theses are realy "mid rise"-they are killing my #@#%$. (and yes i have streched them) Or is it possible they are just too small? The legs are fine and the waist is ok...

Got htis from SF

APC New Standard:

Size: 29

Waist: 16.25"

Front Rise: 11"

Back Rise: 13.75"

and this from another sidte

The New Standard is the original skinny jean. Neither low nor high rise, the New Standard by the French label A.P.C., is a classic unisex jean. Tagged Size Measured Size

Waist Rise Knee Leg Opening

26 26.5 9.5 7.5 7

27 28 10 7.75 7.25

28 29 10.25 8 7.25

29 30 10.5 8.25 7.5

30 31 10.5 8.5 7.5

32 33 10.5 9 8

Reserved.

which model is better for slouching? New standards sized down 2 or new cures sized down 1

from measurements newstandard is a bit higher front rise than the cures, but i actually prefer lower rise, hipsters maybe?

New Cures sized down 1 are better for slouching in my opinion.

hey guys, i just bought a pair of new standards today but im having trouble deciding whether or not i should hem them. i like the stacking effect, but the length of the jeans may be a TOO much...of course they'll look difference once theyre not as stiff as cardboard, but im still worried

someone told me that with the formation of honeycombs, the length will shorten a bit, but im a bit wary of his advice and figured you guys would be the more knowledge-able

sorry for the crappy quality of these pictures; they were the best i could do at the moment

07-28-07_0145.jpg

07-28-07_0144.jpg

07-28-07_0141.jpg

07-28-07_0142.jpg

hey guys, i just bought a pair of new standards today but im having trouble deciding whether or not i should hem them. i like the stacking effect, but the length of the jeans may be a TOO much...of course they'll look difference once theyre not as stiff as cardboard, but im still worried

someone told me that with the formation of honeycombs, the length will shorten a bit, but im a bit wary of his advice and figured you guys would be the more knowledge-able

sorry for the crappy quality of these pictures; they were the best i could do at the moment

07-28-07_0145.jpg

07-28-07_0144.jpg

07-28-07_0141.jpg

07-28-07_0142.jpg

keep the stack!

I am interested in buying a pair of APC New Cures, but I am not sure about the size. I normally wear a 31 x 34 in Nudie slim jims and I wear them low on my hips and a little looser but still slim. Should i size down one size or 2 or even stay the same? Thanks

I am interested in buying a pair of APC New Cures, but I am not sure about the size. I normally wear a 31 x 34 in Nudie slim jims and I wear them low on my hips and a little looser but still slim. Should i size down one size or 2 or even stay the same? Thanks

a 29 would be a safe bet

or a 28 if you want to be certain it will be fitted and dont mind if it will be skin tight at the beginning.

has anyone been to the APC store in LA? I'm going down there soon, and I want to get another pair of NS. but theres a sale at over the rainbow in toronto, and im not sure i want to get them in toronto if they may be cheaper in LA..so anyone know the pricing?

has anyone been to the APC store in LA? I'm going down there soon, and I want to get another pair of NS. but theres a sale at over the rainbow in toronto, and im not sure i want to get them in toronto if they may be cheaper in LA..so anyone know the pricing?

I got my New Cures at the L.A. store. Cost $140 + tax. Unless they are having a sale, they will probably be cheaper in Toronto. Or just call for pricing.

last time i checked out the apc in la-it was closed for remodeling ( approx a week and a half ago )...should be open now- u might want to call first-

on another note-

the marc jacobs store up the street just had a shit load of restockin in shoes/tees and boots- sellin out quick, some pretty ill stuff