APC denim

Geowu

I'm looking to get some New Cures. I'm a girl and want a pretty slim fit so I'm not sure if I should size down 1 or 2? I've got a pretty athletic build to my legs from years of soccer so I want to make sure I would actually be able to get 2 sizes down up. Any input?

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im a guy who went down 2 sizes, who played soccer and lacrosse in high school all 4 years, and i fit in them fine

I'm looking to get some New Cures. I'm a girl and want a pretty slim fit so I'm not sure if I should size down 1 or 2? I've got a pretty athletic build to my legs from years of soccer so I want to make sure I would actually be able to get 2 sizes down up. Any input?

28 in julian red cali were too small/tight on me so i had to sell them to the singer of dance gavin dance....

hah, how random. i saw them a couple weeks back, wish i would have known, i would have said something.

Ya, New Standards.

The pretentious posting contributes nothing to the thread.

every post in the last 20 posts has already been covered at least 20 times in this thread:eek:

but it was impossible to close the first button!!! and if they stretch out as you say, because i asked a 30 in exchange, i'm gonna be fucked up because they gonna fit well only on the first wears!

You should just wear them unbuttoned holding them up or something doing squats and stuff until you can button one, then two etc. If you ordered your true size they should stretch out to be pretty big.

but it was impossible to close the first button!!! and if they stretch out as you say, because i asked a 30 in exchange, i'm gonna be fucked up because they gonna fit well only on the first wears!

Isn't that why they suggested two down in the first place? My old roommate went two down, couldn't quite button the second button, but now they fit like a properly sized pair of NSs. Why did you immediately give up and go two sizes up? There is nothing wrong with a baggy fit, though.

i listened to all y'all by sizing down two sizes, i'm usually a 30 i took a 28 in new standards...and i couldn't even close them so i have to send them back to apc! thank you!

Mine which are sized down two are wearable after a week and getting more comfortable, except they're still tight around the thighs and crotch. I couldn't button up either when I first tried them on; buttoned up what I could and used a belt to hold the top together. :o

i'm thinking of giving my new cures a hot soak. its been ~4.5 months of wear.

(i have a few minor beer / food / dirt stains here and there)

what happens to the jean after the soak? does it lose much of its stiffness and rigidity? should i expect a lot of shrinkage? a lot of indigo-loss?

i know these things vary with each jean, which is why i'm asking. (it's my first pair of APC's)

thanks

no doubt, it'll be much cleaner and feel better to wear.

there will be little to no indigo being pulled off the jeans, depending on the strength of the soap/detergent you use.

the jeans i think become more stiff after a wash cycle, so don't worry too much about that.

finally they gonna send me a size 29, we gonna see how it fits...

A lot of people can't button them at first, but after a bit of stretching they'll end up being too big after a month, but i know a lot of people are really afraid when they're tight in the beginning.

Some kid here or on style forum was doing a denim contest with some guys in his dorm. A guy with APCs, SDAs and something else like nudie. Cool idea to do it with different jeans and people you know. If my friends cared about denim, i'd do something like that.

Some kid here or on style forum was doing a denim contest with some guys in his dorm. A guy with APCs, SDAs and something else like nudie. Cool idea to do it with different jeans and people you know. If my friends cared about denim, i'd do something like that.

yea my friends could care less about denim, they like their expensive washes. i want to get some APC NS, ive seen some great fades on here

I love my NS so far. The color is a nice shade of blue, which is what I was looking for because my Nudies are greycast. I don't have much fading yet, except around the wallet area, but the fit and stacks are on point. I can't wait for the denim to soften up a little bit, because as of right now I have stacks running all the way up my legs.

Good to hear. I just need to wear them more often, then they'll soften up like my Nudies. I've been rocking my Nudie ESDO most of the time lately, as they are fading like crazy. They have been getting soaked with sweat at least three times a week from skating.

I was considering a soak for my APCs given that your fit looks so awesome, but I think I'll just rock 'em raw and wait for the fit to figure itself out. My Nudies fit the best right after I was caught in a rainstorm while wearing them, so with some time and patience I'm sure my APCs will fit just as well.

sometimes i wonder what would've happened if i hadn't soaked them...

i ordered a pair of nudie ralfs yesterday and i can't wait till they come.

be careful skating in your nudies! aren't they really thin and might tear? at least that's happened to a friend of mine haha :)

apc quality does not seem that great. i got a pair and one leg side stitching (lining) goes down the side like most jeans, but the other leg stitching seems off. when wearing it, the lining ends up at front of my leg and feels like they twist around my leg. is this common? or a defect with my pair?

and when laying it flat down, you can see the lining is diffrent on both legs.. like this picture.

5weeks.JPG