Geowu

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Quote:

ive got a new question i hope:

are the black apc new standards black enough so they could pass for dress pants? if not, ive seen that there are NS trousers, but i havent heard if those come in black or not...

prom is coming up and i need something slick to wear and i LOVE the way dior suits fit but theres no way i can afford one... (but ive wanted some black NS for awhile anyhow)

--- Original message by shagnscoob on Apr 11, 2006 04:55 PM

Well they are very black when you first get them but they fade every wash. Don't think you could pass them off as dress trousers though because of the hem and the tight fit. Why don't you hit up an H&M or Zara if you want slim fitting dress pants.

--- Original message by marquischacha on Apr 11, 2006 11:22 PM

since im interested in black apc's anyway i wanted to ask a quick question that there seems to be some debate to.

do they overdyed blacks fade the same way the dry jeans do? and how much do they stretch?

No they don't fade like the dry raw jeans. They only fade when you wash them. They fade uniformly all over and start to take one an almost deep dark blueish color after a few washes. The jeans have more elasticity and do stretch but not as much as the raw denim does. They seem to snap back into shape if you don't wear them for a while as well. I've had mine for a couple of months and hand washed them maybe 3 times and they fit almost as tight as when i got them. They are made slimmer then the raw NS.

Quote:

would you happen to know the size of the leg opening on the hipsters?

--- Original message by shagnscoob on Apr 28, 2006 10:56 PM

It's the same as on the New Standards. I just got a pair of the bleached black Hipsters and raw Hipster, and I can tell you that the leg opening is the same. The thighs are a little slimmer and the rise is lower, that's about it. Same inseam length too. I'll post pictures in a bit.

http://www.tragicbliss.com

Quote:

argh. i love the wash/price of APC but the leg opening is too small to go over slip on vans. they are smaller than 19cm diors hahaha, is there another cut thats closer to the 19cm?

--- Original message by shagnscoob on Apr 29, 2006 02:36 PM

I dont think they expect you to try to put your pants on without taking your shoes off.

Quote:

hmm never had that problem. Not sure of how to measure the leg opening, I just measured the cuff on my hipsters, when laid flat its 9" across, which according to google is 9 in = 22.86cm

--- Original message by Jetta on Apr 29, 2006 05:09 PM

thats interesting. my NS are 7'' across which is about half an inch short of 19cm i think. Tragic are you 100% sure the openings are SUPPOSED to be the same? or are there issues with their quality control there too?

and also, does anyone know what the opening on the cure/new cure is?

Guest jeffvyain

mine are right at 7" as well. He could easily have a larger leg opening if they were hemmed... just a thought. and the interesting socks suggestion looks like the best idea to me.

loving my new standards more and more every day.

on another note. how much time do you guys actually put into your jeans, say, on a per day basis? like i know a lot of you all probably work, can't wear your jeans there, etc. so a year to one person could be the same as 3 months to another.

I'm a newbie guys so please be gentle with me,

i'm thinking of buying my first pair of APC's but i'm not too sure about sizes and fits, i've got a pair of 32" waist blue bell wrangler 11mw's which i really like the fit of.

So my question is what would be the best style and size of APC jean to go for?

is apc denim ring x ring? i was just checking out my new ssds and i can definetly see both the warp and weft variations. The apc denim seems to be more uniform. Anyone know?

I have been working on a pair of raw Hipsters for a month or so now, and thought I might share a few of my opinions.

sizing: topic has been beaten to death, but I am probably a true 31 and ended up getting 29's. I wish now that I'd gotten 28's or even 27's as they've stretched a tad more than I liked. I didn't know about any of this at purchase time, and neither did the girl working at APC, as the sole APC store here in Seoul is at a largish department store and she is probably just another part timer of that department store assigned to work in the APC booth (which is about 10'x10' in size) and clearly didn't know much about the brand.

I am probably a 29-30"ish inseam at the way I like to wear my jeans, so I had them taken up about 1.5" before I ever wore them. That left me with enough length to fold them up a bit still, and I'm glad I chose to have them done at that length when dry, for the next reason:

wear: I have skinnier legs and that has been proving to keep too much wear from happening, despite me really working on these jeans hard for a month. I slept in them the first night hoping I'd get the side creases out of them that they came with as they were folded at the store. those never did come out properly, and i wasn't getting any really good abrasion at the honeycombs or hige so I decided to give them a soak in plain lukewarm water for about 30 minutes tonight for a couple reasons.

I did the soak because I wanted to get rid of those creases at the sides, and restart the honeycombs at the back. I plan on starching them out once they set in a bit more this week. In addition, I used a hairdryer and a bit of steam iron to try and shrink the waistband and thighs for a bit more of the original fit, as I had tried them on at the store. This all worked out pretty well; the fabric retained most of it's sheen, those creases are gone, and I think creases will set better and indigo loss will be more rapid.

Most importantly, the jeans shrunkto almost the perfect size I had wanted, meaning about a 30-31" waist, and about a 30" inseam, so these jeans do indeed shrink a fair bit in length. They are probably short enough now for me to wear unfolded all the way down.

I think I'm going to Australia in about 3 or 4 months so I'm kind of anxious to try out the seawater wash if these jeans make it through the hot monsoon summer before the first wash. icon_smile_big.gif

sidenotes:

-The water in which the jeans were soaked turned a pretty mean yellowy green. I assume this was indigo and maybe starch? These are the first dry denims I've dealt with so I was a bit surpised at coming back to find the water so colored.

-By using the steam iron to dry and shrink a bit, it ended up completely covering the face of the iron in navy stickiness, so I assume APC ships these things with a lot of starch in them.

-I bought these jeans recently because I had been trying to hold off til the next time I go to Japan to splurge on denims, but I couldn't resist the temptation any longer. Also, there is only one APC stockist here in Korea where I'm living and I have a feeling that it may even disappear eventually as I see APC possibly not doing well in Korea. Koreans probably don't understand the image of APC, as they are still into stuff that is plastered with logos, etc. Also, Korea is probably one of the most expensive places to buy anything imported, more expensive than London or Tokyo. I paid over US$200 for these jeans, possibly $220'ish at exchange rates. You guys who get to buy them from the denimbar are lucky indeed.

-I do love these jeans though, more and more each day. I've had the Diesels and the Paper Denims but the build quality of the APC's blows those brands out of the water.

-Lastly, less related, I had bought some other APC pieces, (the cotton M-65 style blouson for this year and a couple t-shirts) and have been less pleased with them than I have been with the jeans. The APC top sizing is wide and a bit strange, and the quality

I was wondering if someone can tell me the measures between the New Standard and Low Rise jean. Also I know this question has been killed a million times I want to know what size to get if i wear jeans 15" laying flat and sz 28 in Nudies. I own Bootcut Ola and Straight Sven's in that size.

If someone could help me out, I would be very grateful.

Akura

I agree the shirts fall into the same category as the jeans when it comes to sizing. Size at least one down to get your true size. I find it a bit strange they are fitted so big (but it says so in the catalog descriptions anyways) since they are a french company. Thier Boy Jackets(blazers) however fit amazing. Extremely slim fitting and very nice fabric as well.

just got my first pair of new standards, usually wear a 32, so I ordered a size 30

tight fit, but I assume they stretch out, didn't expect them to be so slim fitting though, from seeing other pics they didnt seem that slim fit, maybe Im gettin fat or something, but they are pretty slim, but they feel wonderful

Quote:

just got my first pair of new standards, usually wear a 32, so I ordered a size 30

tight fit, but I assume they stretch out, didn't expect them to be so slim fitting though, from seeing other pics they didnt seem that slim fit, maybe Im gettin fat or something, but they are pretty slim, but they feel wonderful

--- Original message by international on May 10, 2006 08:42 AM

same thing with me international... someone (minya?) had said that the NS wasn't nearly as slim as the Imperial Dukes, but my APCs were definitely slimmer. they've stretched quite a bit, but i don't think i'll ever be able to wear them with my boots - i can just get them over my calves as it is...