APC denim

Geowu

Does anybody know for sure if they've stopped producing the Original Standard? I saw them last time I was in the store and knew I should have picked up a pair. I'm guessing whatever was in the store was just old stock? I guess I'll have to swing by and see if they're still on the shelves.

http://www.denimbaronline.com/store/item.asp?ITEM_ID=63&DEPARTMENT_ID=38

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got my APC new standards in. Lets just say I hope they stretch out a bit in the thigh and waist, but honestly they aren't that bad. Got a size 32, working on pics, I only have my shitty camera phone again so we'll have to see.

I can't see myself wearing these in public in the next few days, they are rather tight, mostly in my thigh and a bit in my calves (I don't think anyone would call me fat, but I've got some chub, and I currently play Varsity soccer where I play all 80 minutes in the games, so I've actually got pretty muscular thighs and leg).

Not a problem, dress code at school= no denim anyways. I want to stretch them out a bit while wearing them at night these next few days cause I'm going to U of M friday night to see a few lacrosse games, would be a good time to wear them.

Just got my APC new standards in. Lets just say I hope they stretch out a bit in the thigh and waist, but honestly they aren't that bad. Got a size 32, working on pics, I only have my shitty camera phone again so we'll have to see.

I can't see myself wearing these in public in the next few days, they are rather tight, mostly in my thigh and a bit in my calves (I don't think anyone would call me fat, but I've got some chub, and I currently play Varsity soccer where I play all 80 minutes in the games, so I've actually got pretty muscular thighs and leg).

Not a problem, dress code at school= no denim anyways. I want to stretch them out a bit while wearing them at night these next few days cause I'm going to U of M friday night to see a few lacrosse games, would be a good time to wear them.

Did you size down? What's your actual waist size?

Yeah I sized down, idk my waist when meausred is like a 34 and a half. But the waist of the New Standards are a 33 actual waist, which is weird cause there is still a bit of room.

btw I meant to edit that, the waist is fine, its just the thighs that are a bit tight, and even after wearing them for like 3 hours last night they stretched a bit. They'll be perfect in a week or two.

Had these NS for 2+ years. Wore them on and off, probably at least 3 days a week, more during the first few months. Never been washed, mainly because I've been pretty gentle and I turn them inside out and febreeze every few weeks or so to prevent any odor from building up. I'd say the denim has lost about 75% of its original stiffness, and the color has faded considerably throughout. There are some fade marks around the knee, crotch, and honeycombs behind the knee. Also, they've stretched to the point where there's at least an extra inch on my waist (I originally sized down twice).

My question is: to soak or not to soak?

APC%20NS%202%20yrs%20011.jpg

APC%20NS%202%20yrs%20016.jpg

APC%20NS%202%20yrs%20035.jpg

They look nice. i like the subtle look to them. Nice to take your time. If you want the subtle look then soak them. If you want more to them then wear them for another month or two and then see what they look like.

o so its really like sizing down 1 instead of 3 i get it

yeah, check www.contextclothing.com for the exact measurements. The thing that always threw me off was SuFu people say size down two sizes, so a noob would think "Oh, ok well I usually wear a 35 in pants so I'll order a 33", which will give denim with a size 36 waist. What you should do it find the size that is an actual waist of 35 (so like 32 rescues) and then size down 2 inches from that size, which would be about a 33 inch meausred waist or a pair of 31 resuces.

If I purcahsed a pair of APC tagged W28 but stretched to 16.75, and I hot soaked them would they shrink back to their original size? I would do a hot soak, for how long?

And then if I wore then and stretched them to about waist 15.5 would they stay there?

If I purcahsed a pair of APC tagged W28 but stretched to 16.75, and I hot soaked them would they shrink back to their original size? I would do a hot soak, for how long?

And then if I wore then and stretched them to about waist 15.5 would they stay there?

in my exp, it wouldn't shrink back to og size but itll shrink. and apc's stretch further than your waist...a lot further

my guess probobly the new standards but i'm dumb

you have to realize that the length of diors is 38 i think while apcs are 34 and the ass is very different due to the dior anti-fit thing that makes slouching look good. Slouching in apcs looks kinda weird imho but thats just me i really don't know that much about this stuff so yeah

If they're already stretched to a 33.5 inch waist, a hot soak or wash would likely shrink them back a bit (a bit, prob not to original spec), but they'll stretch right back fairly quickly.

Remember these are apc's and they're saniforized; not raw , unsaniforized Jpn repros where it takes a couple+plus washes/soaks to end up their 'actual/true' size.

my guess probobly the new standards but i'm dumb

you have to realize that the length of diors is 38 i think while apcs are 34 and the ass is very different due to the dior anti-fit thing that makes slouching look good. Slouching in apcs looks kinda weird imho but thats just me i really don't know that much about this stuff so yeah

you can slouch diors as well. APC standard inseam is 35.5 normally. they have a "32" inseam, but that one is closer to 34 in reality. slouching in apc's is fine, as long as you can pull it off (ex. jayrock)