Pure Blue Japan XX-005 Black

ianpalermo

That's pretty much it.

It's hard to wear these lower on the waist cause your ass will be showing, it feels like it's showing half the time as it is.

Tape it down?

I cannot believe this discussion. PBJ's should be marketing the whole crotch bulge as a positive thing. GEEZ! Accept it and be one with your bulge ^_^

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot believe this discussion. PBJ's should be marketing the whole crotch bulge as a positive thing. GEEZ! Accept it and be one with your bulge ^_^

I dunno man...it makes me self conscious when I'm out walking around or talking to a girl. I've stuck to wearing them around the house for now and am hoping that the bulge goes away with more wear.

• 4 weeks later...

its probably already been discussed, too lazy to look, but for comparison, i wear a 30 in s5000bks and a 32 in pbj xx-005 blacks. it was a real tough choice between the 2 when i tried them on at BIG. went with the sammies.

its probably already been discussed, too lazy to look, but for comparison, i wear a 30 in s5000bks and a 32 in pbj xx-005 blacks. it was a real tough choice between the 2 when i tried them on at BIG. went with the sammies.

kert, do you have pics anywhere of how your bk's fit? i don't know if there was ever a consensus on how to size these if you want a slimmer fit. going 2 down scares me a bit.

I'm not sure the sizing on these is consistent between runs, or something. I had a sz 31 in indigo, my true size. Pretty happy with the fit but thought I might be able to go down one. So I bought a 30 in the black when they first dropped at BiG. I found that even post-soak, they fit looser in the thighs than the indigo pair. Not problematic, but not exactly what I was going for. I'm still quite happy with them though. My only real disappointment is that the buttons are painted black, which seems to wear off pretty easily.

Anyway, my advice would be to try them on in person if you can. I think experiences with these have been across the board, so it's better to play it safe. Also consider the new one-wash service BiG offers. That should help take some of the guess work out of it.

As for wear, I've been wearing the BKs about half the time since early December. I'm just now starting to see the faintest signs of wear - wallet mark is starting to show. I can tell that there is wear in the lap and behind the knees, but nothing really visible yet. Will put up pictures when it's worthwhile.

Just got my 30 in blacks from Parachutes (who picked them up at the PBJ store in Tokyo), based on the measurements, I think they're one wash:

waist: 15" laid flat

front rise: 9.5"

back rise: 13"

inseam: 33.5"

leg opening: 7.5"

Do you guys think it's necessary to soak these? Based on what I've read they seem to be shrunk already, so I dunno, lemme know what you think.

On to the pics (sorry for the shitty lighting, I need to invest in a full length mirror in a well-lit area of the house)...

Pics of fit (please note, the lighting in my bathroom sucks so I adjusted the contrast/brightness to show how they fit, not how the colour looks):

superfuture015.jpg

superfuture014.jpg

Pics of detail/slub:

superfuture016.jpg

superfuture013.jpg

(mine still have the blue pocket tab!)

superfuture012.jpg

(black rivets and buttons, although the paint is already thinning and wearing away, which again proves to me that these are one wash)

superfuture011.jpg

I just realized I didn't take a selvedge pic, oh well.

Just for people's reference, I'm 5'11" and ~155lbs, physically fit (heavy into capoeira) and these DO fit tight around the thighs. They're not constricting by any means though, and I can tell they will stretch perfectly.

I wear a 30 in nudie slim jims, and got these in a size 30, and the fit is perfect so far.

Hope this helps somebody somehow.