Recommend a good pair of washed denim?

blank

I was suprised there wasn't a big thread when I searched for this...I need to grab a pair of washed jeans since I've sold some of my junk (Diesel's) and am breaking in my RRDS. I picked up a pair of Levi's Skinners but don't like the huge bootcut.

Any recommendations on a relaxed, straight-leg (not skinny or tapered or drainpipe or inchworm or anything crazy) pair of jeans, ideally in the $90-110 range?

I have also noticed a lack of discussion concerning prewashed/faded/distressed jeans on these boards. I think most denim heads are more into buying raw and unwashed denim and wearing the hell out of the jeans themselves.

But I like having some lighter colored washed/distressed selvage jeans in my arsenal while I am breaking in the really hardcore stuff. I have tried some different brands and I would suggest checking out a Japanese brand called Omnigod.

They do some really nices washes with their selvage jeans--very natural, not too overblown or ripped up. The fits and denim quality are really top notch. I own a couple pair and they are definitely my favorite washed denim. I would say that Omnigod is one of the most underrated Japanese denim makers. I put them right up there with Studio D'artisan, Sugarcane, Samurai, etc.

The downside? They are expensive and seem to be only available in Japan, which means you'd have to go through the whole celga/buying service song and dance. But I'd say that it's worth it if you have the money and patience.

If you're interested, here is a link to a translated page so you can check some of them out and see if they are in the ballpark of what you are looking for--

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.rakuten.co.jp/fukuraku/431399/462777/&prev=/search%3Fq%3Domnigod%2Bjeans%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DG

Good luck.

wow... the jeans tyco suggested are really good looking.. and not pricy either...

Dior does have very good prewashed jeans.. yet... not everyone can wear them and look good.. eg. me... my legs will tear the jeans open if i tried them on....

sugarcane has some pretty good washed jeans.. i own 1 pair... i like them~

Yeah, I was thinking that Earnest Sewn was probably what I was looking for -- a classic jean with no back pocket stitching but a very nice cut nontheless. Unfortunately, I don't live near an Off 5th or anything like that and wouldn't be able to pick them up on the cheap. Some of the offerings on bluefly aren't bad.

Do any of the Off 5th's take phone orders? No clue how those places work

Guest Fade to Black

45 RPM has nice washed jeans, but even pricier than Dior Homme on average...spotted horsecraft does the treatments, their stuff is usually on point as they also do Yohji Yamamoto main label jeans' washes (which are also nice for a baggier fit but expect to drop about a G for a pair of those...)

sadly, i don't have that kind of bankroll for washed jeans yet. if i wanted to drop a G (or close) on a pair of jeans, i'd buy a plane ticket to nyc and go to an earnest cut and sew and have them fit me up for some customs. but i'm balling on a budget here, so.