Samurai Contest Jeans (S0500xx) - Size 29

Guest jeffvyain

Guest jeffvyain

Tags attached. I'll even put them in the Samurai bag if you want. Asking $220 + shipping, but if I get a bunch of responses quickly, they're going to the highest bidder. These are lot 9, #27 of the 30 in the contest. I can post pictures if we need them, but I think everyone knows what they're getting into. These measure 15 inches across the back of the waistband pre-soak, though I did probably give them a bit of a stretch trying to put them on to make sure they fit (which they didn't really). Wish I had a smaller waist....

This contest needs 30 people. Someone fill my spot.

Guest jeffvyain

yea, if the pics on the denim experiment thread aren't enough, let me know. i'll post more... it's just kinda a hastle, because i'm not currently using our house to get internet as my roommate failed to pay the comcast bill. i can do it but it might take a day or 2.

in response to a question that i got through PM, the front rise is 10 1/2, the back rise is 15, and the inseam is 37 1/2 inches. This is all pre-shrunk measurements, of course.

Guest jeffvyain

This got cleared up in the Denim Experiment thread, but I'm the one who messed up here. They are tagged Lot 9 21, not 27. Stupid error.

I'm going to let horribly make an offer to be fair to everyone. I remember expressing some uncertainty about picking the 29s some time ago and he told me he'd be down for buying them if his 28s were too tight. That is obviously the situation, so I want to give him a chance at them. We'll have an answer by sundown. I don't want to drag this out.

Guest jeffvyain

you'll never be satisfied, ddml

as much as i care about honoring "dibs", i have to be most fair to my wallet (and inevitably comcast), so i'm going to stick with the highest bid and go with that. i'm gonna give him a chance though.

this goes against the supermarket rules. If you want a certain amount of money for the jeans, ask for that price. You shouldn't make Horribly beg for them with more money.

agreed. just ask a price. he kinda got the shaft cuz he ain't in the states and the time difference probably fucked him over. but what's fair?

we all had our chance to buy these when they were offered. snooze twice?

jeff can sell them to who he wants. if he sells to the one that bids the highest the jeans will go to the one who values them the most( or just has a lot of money.)

I would love to have a pair but I'm not going to top camel's offer because they are not worth that much since I already have a pair of s0505 and am looking at lots of other stuff too at the moment.

If I didn't have my 505s I would definitely have bought them though.

still looking for a pair of 29's for a slightly lower price.

Guest jeffvyain

yea, i really didn't know how else to do it fairly though. i knew horribly was looking for some 29s beforehand, but i also knew that there were plenty of people who had wished they were in the contest. I could've just given it to the first person who responded, i suppose, but i thought this was the best way to give everyone a fair chance. And currently, if i make a couple dollars off of them, it will only be enough to buy a burrito down the street, so don't think i'm being excessively opportunistic here. It's the most fair thing, in my eyes, for everyone else, and it's also the most fair thing to myself.

Guest jeffvyain

they're pending. i've got a couple offers, and i'm really just waiting on a response from horribly and nonghum. we'll probably know who got them in a couple hours i would guess. Everyone's out of the country, so shipping comes into play a bit more.

Guest jeffvyain

wild_whiskey was the first to respond. then cameland. cameland contacted wild_whiskey about it. wild seemed pretty satisfied that someone else wanted them more than he did. assuming cameland still wants them, they're going to him. i'm done dicking around with this. i did what i thought was the most fair thing to do. Next time someone wants a pair of these jeans, they're going to end up paying 285 for them at BIG so don't give me shit about selling my jeans for 8 bucks more than i bought them for.