Denim in Singapore

tweeds

So I gotta know this: who in Singapore's been wearing Sugarcane? Cause Tweeds and I saw the entire Sugarcane stock marked off 80% and we kind of chuckled.

There's gotta be someone sweating it off in some of those jawns right now.

Practically. I can't imagine anyone wearing 15oz. jawns that prickly against your skin in that type of weather.

I don't know if Tweeds copped that shirt but it was like... way below retail... $70 US practically.

Practically. I can't imagine anyone wearing 15oz. jawns that prickly against your skin in that type of weather.

I don't know if Tweeds copped that shirt but it was like... way below retail... $70 US practically.

i'm wearing SC41947 in this weather and i think its just fine. I love heavy denim. Don't know abt the ones woven with cotton and sugarcane fibres though...

spoke to the boss of QC abit and he said that he won't be bringing in sugarcanes anymore as the sales ain't good.

I really was quite hyped to check them out in person. I find it strange that shops plying the same market (like KiN), and Haji Lane in general, seems to be doing well, while Billet Doux is apparently in its death throes.

not too surprising, actually.

markups aside, look at the products each store has to offer and compare their customer base, u should already have a rough idea on the answer.

and opening the store as and when he feels like it isn't doing anything to help the situation either.

not sure wat the price/quality/fit on the nudie's are, but i do like my hobos a lot. One point to note though, is that hobos are a washed dark grey, so you might wanna take that into account before you make yr final purchase.

i think he can try dark dancers? i'm actually thinking of getting the thin finn indigo coated. anyone could share their experience of it?

I think this place has been mentioned already here but just in case.

THE BLACK CHAMBER

Singapore

In the streets surrounding Singapore's sleek skyscrapers, a culture is rising. A slew of streetwear shops have opened in the Southeast Asian city, offering an array of new fashion opportunities for sneaker-addicted young men.

In a burgeoning downtown community, Bryan Ng, who grew up idolizing Michael Jordan, founded The Black Chamber "to bring the culture to all the kids here," he says.

Ng, himself, has been collecting vintage sneakers and apparel since the late '90s. "In Singapore, to have access to this stuff was difficult," he continues. "Digging was essential."

Now streetwear fans can dig through The Black Chamber's racks for hotly hyped labels like Diamond Supply Co., 10 Deep, and Benny Gold. The store also carries an expansive selection of limited-edition sneakers, and other skate-oriented products.

Black Chamber's motto, says Ng, is "intercept and decipher"—an act that could describe Ng's intentions within the conventional fashion industry in Singapore. "We have to build up a culture of our own instead of being followers," he explains. "We need to lead and step up." —JESSICA PALLAY

2348542332_1a80e29e4b_o.jpg

i have no idea wut this is. Someone enlighten me plz.

Contraceptives.

Poof: Not to shabby although they're more like novelty

I bought a pair of JR hobo's No wash last march. They're quite hard to fade and the cut's really tapered not to bad if you're into the super skinny fit.