Denim in Singapore

tweeds

Royal Sporting House?

skcusdog - where did you get your PS Red Ears?

My friend got it for me when he was studying in UK......

Didn't really like it.....the denim is too soft and they run really big.......way too huge for me

didn't wany to sell it because it is a gift........

It has been in the closet since early last year....

thanks.. oh come on leather is good when you are wearing denims.. They won't stain those shoes, yea?

really? i always thought that it would still stain leather. thts the reason im not getting a pair of white visvim kiefers. hmm if thts the case, i think i might just go ahead with the white.. heh

hahahahahaaaa .... :D ..... they don't know what they're missing .... :P

S0500XX beautiful? Wait till you lay your hands on them ..... :)

I realised this after spending a fortune (29 pairs : 17 selvedges and 1 fake), stupid me, so, imo :

1. there's nothing more fun than just wear your jeans, 1 pair at a time, feel them, bash them, rock in them, rock with them ..... ;

2. you've got only 2 legs, and living in HOT Sg, so 1 pair at a time, my dear ....;

3. similar to high-thread-count bed sheets, selvedge denims are more comfortable! (this is definitely personal)

4. you're talking about fabrics that are pain-stakingly dyed blue, and if you don't wear them often (like me), they take centuries to fade!!! :o

So, imo, best is take a look around, buy 3-4 pairs (depending on your wearing frequencies) that are the best in your opinion and that's it (for the moment :rolleyes: ). Save the money and spend them wisely elsewhere.

My top 3 (+1):

1. Samurai S0500XX

2. Sugarcane SC40400N

3. Pure Blue Japan XX-003

4. Evisu Lot.2000 No.2

To me, they each features something that make them outstanding. make a guess and see if you agree ..... :)

29 pairs? madness madness

how do you even find space to store them. haha

you must be singapore's king of selvedge denim

oh yes since i only own one pair now i am truly rocking them full time.

despite the heat, i go every where with them.

i really mean EVERYWHERE. work, kopitiams, hawkers, clubs (lots of spilt drinks), shopping, dating, family events.

its my girlfriend. haha

yeah i think owning one pair would help you be more focused on breaking.

but but but its this damn superfuture.

its making me go gaga over so many pairs. haha.

my own target is 2 indigo jeans and one black. (a very optimistic target, and no not 29 pairs. haha)

wah what a top 3. a combination designed to kill.

but my favourite would be the S0500XX i like the slightly tapered look.

but take nothing away from PBJs and Canes.

you are right about one being unique in their own way.

thats the lovely thing about this denim game.

not a evisu fan though =p

yeah man tweedle.

one definitely needs a pair for dressy events.

no matter how much we love our jeans we cant wear smelly, creased and faded jeans to dressy events. haha

the darkness of 811s are amazing man. its almost black.

i have half my mind on the eternal X bears

anyone knows why my profile picture doesnt show?

hasnt been reading this threads. nice shoes sub! i didnt come to know of vpost.... i've always tot tt if they dont ship internationally then tts it, no items. but ya.. after browsing this thread... come to know of it. thx guys. ^^

lek.... let me know if you are successful with uniqlo....... really love their cheap shirts and polo-t.........

By the way, what is the serial number on your s0500xx?? just curious :)

It's #09-493, if I'm not wrong. Have to check it tonight.

Hi denim enthusiasts out there,

I am posting here for the 1st times. I have a pair of Edwin 505 selvedge to be altered to my length. I need a good tailor that do Chain Stitching in Singapore. I have not come to know any myself, I would appreciate some local people in the same interest here could recommend one to me.

Oh….Btw, I don’t mind travel up to Malaysia (either JB or KL), if you know of one that can do that in the two cities in M’sia. The worst thing is ruined the denim you loved.

You can also email me. Thanks a lot.

What's up with Singaporeans and their denim infatuation? I was born in Singapore but but grew up in the US. Apparently it's in our blood since none of my friends are denim freaks. Last Saturday the latent denim disease surfaced and I was driven to seek out this forum and start spending ridiculous (in my perspective) amounts of money on jeans.

Oh well, I guess we can't fight genetics! ; )

Anyway, cheers lah! Just wanted to say hi.

What's up with Singaporeans and their denim infatuation? I was born in Singapore but but grew up in the US. Apparently it's in our blood since none of my friends are denim freaks. Last Saturday the latent denim disease surfaced and I was driven to seek out this forum and start spending ridiculous (in my perspective) amounts of money on jeans.

Oh well, I guess we can't fight genetics! ; )

Anyway, cheers lah! Just wanted to say hi.

Hi ................

Hey count me in........... the thing is, if we order more than $400 thru Rakuten.....we have to take the 5% GST into consideration........ someone please be sweet and do the maths here...... i am plain lazy..... too much engineering work kills the brain cell.......... so far i guess there are only like 3 who seem keen k3mistry, u and me............ any takers

hey this still happenning? Or should we get some 19oz sammies.. looks wicked...knn spend money again..

Any local peeps has the S710XX?