Where are you from?

azn8oi

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't remember much of riverside except it being really calm.. i was a little kid with a big backyard so i didn't care much. and no, i'm not italian, i'm half mexican and half american..yay for half breeds!

the deception............

made in hong kong,

raised in New Jersey

reside in New York City (downtown)

Kansas City, Missouri

Columbus, Ohio

Bel Air, Maryland

Torrance, CA (longest residence)

Palo Alto, CA

New York, NY

Tokyo, Japan

Kyoto, Japan

Manila, Philippines

New Delhi, India

I've lived a lot of places in my lifetime...hard to tell people where I'm from:(

How was Columbus for you? I live near Cleveland now, but I want to move somewhere.

I was born in Anchorage, Alaska and I lived there until I was 8. I then moved to Salem, OR and later my dad moved to Portland so I sorta split time between the two. Now im 20 and in college at Occidental in Eagle Rock in LA.

Born in Taipei, Taiwan

Grew up in:

- Karachi, Pakistan

- New Delhi, India

- Hong Kong

- Pattaya, Thailand

- Cairo, Egypt

- Seattle, WA

- Los Angeles, CA

- Bay Area, CA

Also spent long periods (several months) living in Malaysia and the U.K.......

I never know what the hell to tell people when they ask "where I am from".....I usually just say L.A.

hahahaha!

i'm from LA too man!

LA we love it!!!

No your not. Don't mess around DDML; LA gangstas are hard as they come:

3zjatec.gif

england- i feel you. what identity do global nomads have in common nowadays? i dunno maybe 'selvedge'

He heh. Yep. I think I am proud to not have a real hometown........I don't want to be 'pinned down.' Aside from the whole marriage thing of course :cool:

Born and raised in Montreal, Canada

but the last 7 years have been pretty hectic, i'll lived in:

-Whistler, BC

-Nagoya, Japan

-Kagoshima Japan

-Bergen, Norway

-Paris, France

-Tokyo, Japan

and now it looks like i'll have to move to Toronto, although i'd rather go back to Tokyo or go to London...

And what's with most LA people having lived in Riverside? Did you like it? ... Cus I hate it.

most "LA people" aren't actually from LA. and that's the truth, ruth.

riverside was just like any other suburb, the only difference being that it was so far away from the city that it kind of created its own culture of desert bros, fake gangsters, and scenesters.

apparently, its a really hard city to leave. i'm glad so many people here were able to go.

How was Columbus for you? I live near Cleveland now, but I want to move somewhere.

Columbus was nice. Lived there during my elementary school years. But I feel too metropolitian to ever go back or perhaps that's just my perception....

mm.. I think when people say "I'm from LA" it really just means that I live in West LA (everything West of Pasadena). I don't know ANYONE that lives in 90032, the literal zip code for Downtown LA and its surroundings.

Guest Fade to Black
Kansas City, Missouri

Columbus, Ohio

Bel Air, Maryland

Torrance, CA (longest residence)

Palo Alto, CA

New York, NY

Tokyo, Japan

Kyoto, Japan

Manila, Philippines

New Delhi, India

I've lived a lot of places in my lifetime...hard to tell people where I'm from:(

That is a very diverse list of places you've lived in...

Myself:

born in Toronto, Canada (Mount Sinai Hospital)

spent childhood through adolescence going back and forth between Toronto and Hong Kong (most 'crucial' development stage spent in Hong Kong though)

Now I go to school in Ann Arbor, Michigan but live in HK during offseason, probably going to move back to HK after graduation, maybe try to find some work in China (probably Shanghai).

Guest Fade to Black
most "LA people" aren't actually from LA. and that's the truth, ruth.

i find this is also true of Shanghai...

I'm fascinated with LA right now though...i wouldn't mind living there for a few years checkin out the scene. Too bad I don't drive.