Japaneese denim up to 14000YEN

carmine

Hi,

In my opinion the SugarCane 1947 model (13000YEN) is the best option. It's cut fuller than the SD-303 and has better denim (Un-Sanfordized). If you buy the one-wash model, the shrinkage shouldn't be an issue. If you're located in the US you may want to consider LVC47 as well (175$ or less on sales/outlets).

Chipopo

the sugar cane 45 model is another option. cut a bit slimmer than the 47 and left hand denim. fades beautifuly. same price as the 47.

i feel like you're going to be in a war with the 45 canes once you get your samaurai jeans cheap. you are a one man spokesperson for these jeans and they'll probably fight to to stay on you legs. What Would Sugarcane 45 Do?

i feel like you're going to be in a war with the 45 canes once you get your samaurai jeans cheap. you are a one man spokesperson for these jeans and they'll probably fight to to stay on you legs. What Would Sugarcane 45 Do?

they are so under-rated. seroiusly great jeans that noone has.

could you post pics with SC 45 and 47 fits? That'd be very helpful.

And are there any other besides SC and SD up to 14000Y?

ill post pics in the "how jeans fit" thread.

I think you could get Edwins for about 10000 yen? also John Bulls at 14000?

Take a look at rakuten.

Also, if this is your first pair, I strongly disagree with the person who said sanforized is inferior to non-sanf.

I would get a sanf. pair and save yourself the heartache of the shrinkage / stretching question of buying unsanforized.

Take a look at the Supermarket section and you will see how many Japan denim novices like yourself, let alone 'pros' who have loads of pairs of Jap. denim put things up for sale because the shrinkage / stretching has not worked out how they thought it would.

good luck

Also, if this is your first pair, I strongly disagree with the person who said sanforized is inferior to non-sanf.

I would get a sanf. pair and save yourself the heartache of the shrinkage / stretching question of buying unsanforized.

Take a look at the Supermarket section and you will see how many Japan denim novices like yourself, let alone 'pros' who have loads of pairs of Jap. denim put things up for sale because the shrinkage / stretching has not worked out how they thought it would.

good luck

i dissagree. if you buy your true size insted of trying to size down and have the jeans stretch, and buy one wash insted of raw, the sizing issues become non issues.

superfuture seems to have made people think too much about sizing, and people are getting too much info about how to order. yes, jeans stretch, but a good soak or wash will take that out of the picture. if youre buying quality japanese jeans, you wont lose indigo from that, except where wear is occouring.

i dissagree. if you buy your true size insted of trying to size down and have the jeans stretch, and buy one wash insted of raw, the sizing issues become non issues.

superfuture seems to have made people think too much about sizing, and people are getting too much info about how to order. yes, jeans stretch, but a good soak or wash will take that out of the picture. if youre buying quality japanese jeans, you wont lose indigo from that, except where wear is occouring.

I completely agree. In fact, through all the jeans i have bought and even the one i bought in japan, I only bought one wash until recently when I got the samaurai blacks. I hate having to deal with over or undershooting shrinkage. I even hate dealing with stretching, even though now i know that it is a prominent factor. It's also a matter of which company when dealing with shrinking as someone like samaurai, I own 2 pairs and will get my 3rd soon, i know that they never truely shrink to tag size, so I size down 1 to get close to where i want to be, but taking a chance on another brand, even Levi's LVC, which differs from year to year, is a fucking gamble.

I think you could get Edwins for about 10000 yen? also John Bulls at 14000?

Take a look at rakuten.

good luck

in almost all japanese repro companies, unsafonized is simply one wash denim anyhow. there are very few japanese companies that tout that they have safonized denim. In fact the only brand i do know that has it is Somet, but they claim that their denim is unsafonized (i can't really spell that word, sorry.)

besides the sugarcane 47 and 45, i think the johnbull sewing chop SC003 (non-selvage), is a great deal. if selvage is not too important for you, the SC003 is the way to go. the denim is better than anything in that price range. also it features a nice slim, modern cut.

Yes, selvage is important, even essential :)

And what's the actual price range for Studios D1177?

Oh and I prefer the *regular* fit, not the slim one :)

Thanks!

carmine, there's a useful tool for finding out about japanese jeans on

http://www.j-e-a-n-s.net/

near the top of the homepage there's a list of brands, select an alphabet and then use the drop-down menu to pick a brand. type the string you want to search for and then hit the button...it searches a good number of places including rakuten stores and gives you the cost and link to the item as well.

Yes, selvage is important, even essential :)

And what's the actual price range for Studios D1177?

Oh and I prefer the *regular* fit, not the slim one :)

Thanks!

Are you talking japanese brands or japanese denim? Cuz APC's are japanese denim and the rescue is just what you are looking for. If not, i would just go right for the sugarcane 1947's.

Sizing is important.

If you're buying one of the basic, non-premium models (for want of a better word) for like £60 / $120 and they dont fit, then its not the end of the world and you can just sell them on. If you're spending between £150 - 200 total on a pair of jeans on the net, I would say sizing is very important and worth considering. Therefore, in my opinion, when I am spending (what is a lot of money for me) on jeans, I feel most confident buying jeans that have SET paramaters for shrinkage - i.e. sanforized if possible.

People forget that shrinkage does not just occur on width, but also length.

I don't like guess work, uncertaintity, I dont want to cold wash forever in case they end up being ball breakers or ankle skimmers, and to be honest, I dont really want to rely on Japanese descriptions either, which is why I look for the good old 'sanforized' wording if possible. Or pre-shrunk, or the famous Rakuten "wan wash, it does not shrink anymore' as a second best.

Some people like the whole 'romance' of carefully soaking things in the bath, avoiding the rain to avoid shrinkage, and delicately hand washing things cold etc etc, but my point is that I dont think those practices should be recommended for a "denim-noob". Personally I like the comfort of being able to throw into the washing machine at normal temperature and not worry about (significant) shrinkage, past, say, 1%.

Lee repros are sanforized, as are most 551zx and 505 repros, both by LVC Japan, and some of the other Jap. brands that repro that cut. So that gives a fair selection.

good luck whatever you decide.