Favorite Australian labels

dumadiscount

claude maus

rittenhouse

some perks and mini (although it seems as if they just try to put together random graphics on their t's)

industry and tsubi are both almost uniforms for most tossers in town. you have to hand it to the industry marketers/directors. poped collars with the industry logo are just massive walking ads for the brand

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Sydney guys, I was down Oxford street the other day and I went into this awesome Japanese Denim store, I just cant remember the name of it now. I think it was an own label store. Really nice Jeans and the the store was all decked out with that Japanese denim vibe with dark wood, cones of denim thread and stacks of wood displays etc. Jeans ran about $400-$700. There was an older Japanese gent in there and I over heard him telling the hot shop girl his plans for a cool garden out the back of the store. I should have done more thorough re-con as I know SFHeads would be totally into this store, cant even remember the name of the label and didn't have my camera

Edit: Always loved Perks & Mini Too

Hey ande where abouts in oxford st was the store at do you remember?

• 1 year later...
where can you get imperial in australia atm?

Brissie:

Apartment

161 Elizabeth st, lower level, Brisbane 4000

http://www.aptmnt.com/

Sydney:

Another Inch [:]"

13b burton st darlinghurst nsw 2010

http://www.anotherinch.com/2006/

Melbourne:

All of The Above

gd flr 109 Victoria Street, fitzroy melbourne 3065

http://www.alloftheabove.com.au/

Some Buddy Loves You

193 Smith St, Fitzroy melbourne 3065

www.somebuddylovesyou.com.au

Thats all i know...

Also an answer for an old thread. i like:

Imperial Jeans

PAM

Rittenhouse

SAA

Hem & Haw

Tsubi............ don't wear it myself but it's ok i guess, some tees anyway

CON

Material Boy... i hear is quite nice sometimes....need to see it in person though

Drizabone....good call on that

R.M. Williams

My fav at the moment is BEAT POET

wk90I9mEG74

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Sydney guys, I was down Oxford street the other day and I went into this awesome Japanese Denim store, I just cant remember the name of it now. I think it was an own label store. Really nice Jeans and the the store was all decked out with that Japanese denim vibe with dark wood, cones of denim thread and stacks of wood displays etc. Jeans ran about $400-$700. There was an older Japanese gent in there and I over heard him telling the hot shop girl his plans for a cool garden out the back of the store. I should have done more thorough re-con as I know SFHeads would be totally into this store, cant even remember the name of the label and didn't have my camera

Edit: Always loved Perks & Mini Too

Hey ande where abouts in oxford st was the store at do you remember?

I'm pretty sure he's talking about Aika.

Apartment stocks them don't they?

Herringbone and Calibre for corporate wear. Love the cuts on Morrissey gear although the quality isn't as good as the former.

Material boy

Mjolk

Really starting to like imperial now, especially the collaboration with SE.

Is another boy oz?

^Another label another boy. its a material boy offshoot.

i'm in favour of

hem&haw

mjolk

con

marsu homme

last 2 are way too pricey. 120+ tees and 500+ shoes...

con = chronicles of never, no?

shoes ive seen are faaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrr from 500 dollars.

hardly warrant the pricetag they do have though, construction / durability doesnt look all that great.

c.o.n.

mjok

hem + haw

some cluade maus stuff (the hooded bombers and tights with pockets last winter were great)

some PAM stuff, especially their sunnies with colab

some material boy stuff

some alpha60 stuff

herringbone can't b beaten for business atire

even calibre, AG, pierucci and saba do some nice things

and for streetwear - for the homies do an amazing hooded silver leather bomber made to measure.

and although i havent purchased a new tsubi item for several years, i still have love especially for pioneering aussie fashion on the world stage along with sass + bide.

oh, and the biggest shame is that josh goot no longer does menswear.

that's it for now

oh, schwipe can occasionally get it right. especially with their ts.

and i shouldve mentioned, and y'all may laugh, but country road seems to be getting heaps better lately. i recently picked up a nice pair of brown cap toe shoes to wear to work on days that i wear my navy herringbone suit and also a pair of chukkas for not very much at all. plus their leather overnight bags seem good for the price.

this is all something i never thought i'd say btw.

CON Obviously

Mjolk

Imperial

Claud Mause is up there.

Hem and Haw is doing well, infact has there next season been posted? maybe i should thow it up.

Kate Hurst is desiging the female hem and haw now i beleive.

im sorry but Schwipe is rank.

and i shouldve mentioned, and y'all may laugh, but country road seems to be getting heaps better lately. i recently picked up a nice pair of brown cap toe shoes to wear to work on days that i wear my navy herringbone suit and also a pair of chukkas for not very much at all. plus their leather overnight bags seem good for the price.

this is all something i never thought i'd say btw.

ahah and something i never thought id hear.

will scope.

Hem and Haw is doing well, infact has there next season been posted? maybe i should thow it up.

Kate Hurst is desiging the female hem and haw now i beleive.

more info. on both accounts.

im sorry but Schwipe is rank.

x2.

ahah and something i never thought id hear.

will scope.

yeah, the work shoes are particularly nice. leather sole, sleek shape. on sale from $200 or thereabouts to $40 at the outlet.

the only thing that lets the chukkas down is a rubber sole. but again, i kopped for $50.

ps you'll see my other thread. i'm still consideing your common projects. you copped your matboy trackies yet?

• 1 month later...

country road cops a lot of hate (some justifiable - their size S button-down shirts are like a balloon on me.... slim fit my arse) but they do have some decent, well-priced basics. i picked up a pair of slim black ankle boots on sale for $100 late last year, pretty happy with em so far.

CR is decent really. they make shirts to fit the general populace, which when not working white collar, are chugging beer and tossing something on a barbie. so its understandable. if they made it any other way, they'd be some struggling niche label.

they also help color up sydney with their canvas bags falling off everyone's shoulders.

whilst they might be be amazing, they can be decent and well priced. i really liked their captoe oxfords this season. for the price, given that something similar from aquila might cost double the amount and still look worse, they are a great deal, especially on sale, which also happens to be all day everyday.

also think they have a nice, simple m65 out too. no idea how it really fits but it looks ok in person.

crm65hy6.jpg