Dunks. Clean or dirty?

sneakerhead650

it all depends on the shoe, a lot of vans for example almost look better slightly beat.

in regards to Dunks, or nikes on a whole i believe they look best clean, but i think its retarded how much effort people put into pussy footing around keaping sneakers fresh, they're gunna get dirty, plus all nikes are washing mashine safe.

Personally I like my sneakers to look crisp.

But I feel like my Vans Chukkas are designed to be dirty, every little thing seems to scuff up the soles, even after only having em for a month some of the Vans logo on the back is fading off.

They get beat pretty fast, so I'ma just let nature run it's course on em

Personally I like my sneakers to look crisp.

But I feel like my Vans Chukkas are designed to be dirty, every little thing seems to scuff up the soles, even after only having em for a month some of the Vans logo on the back is fading off.

They get beat pretty fast, so I'ma just let nature run it's course on em

all vans get beat fast. not necessarily beat, but at least the soles get scuffed/dirty on the first wear no matter what, its happened with every single pair ive ever owned

The only dunks that look bad to me dirty are the patent leather ones.

Only nikes I ever bought (and kept buying as perfect unisex presents for the fam) are the considered line for the reasont that they'd age beautifully:

mediumnikeconsideredmidsand5wc0.jpgnikeconsideredcremetf8.jpgnikeconsideredmanhp5.jpg20051208204812z583mk0.jpg

it also helps that they're somewhat more environmentally sustainable.

I've got these dunks

dunk_lo_premium_grunge_6.jpg

and they just look better and better the older they get.

I think these were designed to be this way, though.

Otherwise, I like mine to be pretty clean, except my Converse and my Vans.

I like those beat to shit.

Am I the only person here that likes their true white slipons to remain true white for as long as possible? Even though it's virtually impossible for very long..

Nope, you are not alone. I try and keep all my shoes clean. I don't mind the natural scuffs and the heel dirt from driving etc., basically the natural "patina" you get from wearing them. I just can't stand stains and tears. I really don't care for shoes that are filthy w/ big ass holes. Get some new joints for cryin' out loud! That shit looks sloppy.

I guess I'm in the vast minority here, but I hate bummy kicks. To me the only sneakers that look good beaten are Chucks, otherwise I just prefer the FOTB look. If you grew up in NYC in the mid-80's it's in your DNA...