Dunks. Clean or dirty?

sneakerhead650

White shoes gotta be clean. Dark shoes look ok with alittle wear. Real dirty, I just don't like it.

I thought this too, until a while ago (maybe 2 years) when there was a pic in GQ (the ones they take on the street) of a guy wearing beat white dunks, and an M65 (IIRC). It looked so good in my opinion. However, as noted, it depends on the shoe, but more importantly, I think your look and style. If you keep the sticker on your hat, that would look a bit odd with beat up shoes, as you are clearly trying to tell us how you can afford to buy new stuff so often.

If you wear worn jeans, a thrift shirt, crisp shoes would look odd.

I only think the rougher cut dunks look good beat. For instance my black Carhartts are worn to death, and I love how they fade. My friend's pair is much better, with very little of the shoe actually still black. I don't think its the coolest look though (I'm over dunks in general), and Im more impressed by a fresh pair of a lesser known older colorway.

vans look better dirty accept for all white, cons too.....awesome shoe that looks even better wtih age. Give your outfit some "edge" as opposed to looking like you are tring to hard. I think with nikes it depends on the model. Suede always looks better fresh....but white leather looks good beat. Air force ones dont look good dirty but air max's do. Oh and jordans....you gotta keep jordans fresh for as long as possible....

-i cant beleive you just stepped on my nike air jordans!

I thought this too, until a while ago (maybe 2 years) when there was a pic in GQ (the ones they take on the street) of a guy wearing beat white dunks, and an M65 (IIRC). It looked so good in my opinion. However, as noted, it depends on the show, but more importantly, I think your look and style. If you keep the sticker on your hat, that would look a bit odd with beat up shoes, as you are clearly trying to tell us how you can afford to buy new stuff so often.

If you wear worn jeans, a thrift shirt, crisp shoes would look odd.

ps. i couldnt agree with you anymore on that last part

I just prefer the FOTB look. If you grew up in NYC in the mid-80's it's in your DNA...

pretty much the truth, although i don't baby my sneakers at all. i wear em. and when they get a bit worn down, after three to six months, they go on beater status, i start to wear them more and more often. when they're done, they go in zee trash. i've done that with all my sneakers, no matter how rare- not because i have anything to prove, but because i'm about my style, and my style does not involve being a bitch about every little mark on my shoes.

Don't do dunks..But the thread seems to be about others as well so here's a couple:

Black and white Blazers: filthy

Jordan Black cats: clean and crisp

Wally's: worn, but not dirty

MJ patent white and green Van's-filthy

ARI menthol patent white and green joints-sparkling

Allen edmonds: nice patina

Vasque hiking boots: Clean looks better, but mine are always filthy

White Chucks: dirty (holes are OK)

All other Chuks: Crisp

Air force ones: Crisp (once the toe box colapses they look like shit!)

And my favorite grimey shoe......The AIRFORCE II Escapes I got three+ years ago which just get better with age like a fine wine...

And nlike Arem and OMC, I just can't bring myself to throw shoes away. Only pair I ever tossed was a pair of black and silver dunks the cat pissed on. hated those anyway...so fuck it. No loss.