Selvedge Sexism?

coleslawyum

no thanks... whats up with the socks?

Half naked chick ( one of numeros very own ) in Edwin 505 ladies model ..

How do they fit her in your guys/gals opinions ? They smoosh her butt flat :-|

193815848.jpg

193815824.jpg

193815814.jpg

BTW she's a solid 29.5 " waist - these are 29's that measured 28" after a soak ..

They stretched plenty

Half naked chick ( one of numeros very own ) in Edwin 505 ladies model ..

How do they fit her in your guys/gals opinions ? They smoosh her butt flat :-|

193815848.jpg

193815824.jpg

193815814.jpg

BTW she's a solid 29.5 " waist - these are 29's that measured 28" after a soak ..

They stretched plenty

Wait is this a picture of a woman, or are you asking if that will look good on a woman?

I need to stop getting fashion advice from people who think that girl looks good with the loose, high ass jeans.

Men = loose

WOmen = tight

Is the way it should be

you know plenty of people here will disagree with you on that...

but men come in different body shapes too. the ladies as well. skinny frame in loose clothing is very awkward to see, and bigger frame in tight clothing can be painful. basically there's no "way it should be"...is there?

i quote canice as a good example of someone who dresses different from the typical and yet dresses well.

You don't think it's a little bit true?

99% is a stretch, but the general public / majority is pretty much that way.

I think theres some truth to that but 99% is way off. i see lots of posts on here with that bitter/whiny "women-only-care-about-how-they-look" undertone and I don't think its true. that stereotype is just as limiting as the "real-men-dont-care-about-fashion" one.

It's true that 99% of women wouldn't be seen dead in jeans that fit like either of the pairs pictured in this thread... Those Edwins are a good example of why rigid, heavyweight denim doesn't look good worn painfully skintight on ANYONE. There are dozens of pictures on here of men who've achieved an equally flat-arsed, sausage-thighed effect in their new jeans, but are just pleased that they've managed to do the top button up with only minor bruising. It's interesting that 100% of the (three?) women that post pics here manage to wear jeans they actually look good in...

So they look like crap on her then in your opinion carmel ?

k ..

she thought so too and I said well - in winter if you wear them day in n out who cares and she gave me the look like .. me you denim junkie fugger ..

oh well I tried

>> Lil david - what do you mean what's up with the socks ? she had on tennis shoes hence white sport socks ..

Hello,

I've just read through some of the replies to the post about sexism in High end denim and I have to say there is some and some of it is in the replies......

I work for a narrow loomed denim company based in Japan we do make a ladies range which does sell very well in fact it's on an level with the mens but only in Japan, you simple can't sell good Selvedge for women in Europe or the US and it kills me, the customer is there but the stores just don't want to do it on any scale.

it's taken 20 years to build the mens business (outside of Japan) and at the start is was the same, all I can say is if you want go to the stores that carry the mens and ask and ask and ask....if that doesn't work, there are a few japanese web store that will ship outside of Japan

good luck to you and keep asking, you're the customer make them serve you needs

Neil

my girlfriend just got 2 pairs of jeans from a brand called the stronghold and they are both selvedge. one is a capri one wash and the other is distressed and normal length. very cute and not baggy at all. she got them from blue bee jeans in santa barbara. they also sold men's jeans too, also selvedge.

that's a nice cut. it doesn't hurt that the model's got nice gams. but, where oh where can these little jeans be? do you know the size range? compared to the rest of the world, americans are some healthy girls, na mean?

honghonglulu - you're talking about sling&stones jeans that ilovespaz runs. :)

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=11832

http://www.slingandstones.com/

And when you buy BOTH one for yourself AND your wifey at the same time / same order .. He will spaz out LIVE on sling.n.stones webcam just for you !!

It is quite a beautiful sight .. really itiz

So far I'm digging S&S's women's cuts more than the guys. Still, great job overall. Pretty cool graphic tee, again, looks better on the girl. You know what, maybe I just think she's hot and she could be wearing a burlap sac for all I care. Either way, kudos for getting her to model!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just waiting until my bank account can deal with getting a pair of custom 45rpms. Which may be a while..

I attempted to steal my boyfriend's supremes for a while, but I'm 8inches shorter than he is, and the turn-ups looked a bit daft. Not to mention he got paranoid I'd scuff holes in the bottoms.