Interesting Info about Straching

tnf1029

I've read a very interesting information about Starching. I found this from someone blog ( i think "repeat to fade" sorry i that i can't give him credits cos i can't remember exact name. Here it is

If you use starch on your new jeans, for example on the back of the knees to get honeycombs faster, you will most probably fail to get anything that looks like honeycombs at all.

You will get creases, but they most definitely won't look like honeycombs.

Honeycombs will always appear by themselves, however the look of them will depend of the fit of your jeans, tighter jeans will have more horisontal creases at the back of the knee which don't really look like honeycombs, but with jeans that are slim/regular/loose you will get something that resembles the honeycomb pattern more. It seems that a relaxed fit gives the most honeycomb-like pattern.

When you starch the back of the knees and then wear the jeans 'til they've dried, what you will get will not be creases that have a natural shape. Honeycombs are the product and average of hundreds of thousands of knee-bends, but if you starch and wear your jeans, the creases you will get can be the product of ten knee bends. This means that the patter will not look real and it also means that the creases will not fade as well since the highest points at the creases will not be stressed or bent as much and you might also get new, natural creases after a while that will go over the old creases, and just make your jeans look a bit off. Also, when you wash your jeans it is very likely that you will never get back the same creases again, if you used starch to get them.

So, there are certainly times when I would use starch, but you should always let it dry before wearing your jeans!

By the way there are pics that support the above topic i just don't know how to post pictures. You can visit the following blog to see the original source.

http://repeattofade.blogspot.com/

Hope this will be useful.

"So, there are certainly times when I would use starch, but you should always let it dry before wearing your jeans!"

he means that you can always starch your jeans but don't wear it until they dry.

I'm just a rookie. Let's wait for someone who knows better than me to clearify.

PS. I love those honey comb in the pic, mine is totally different from those. Should i wear looser jeans?

i think one way to keep ur usual 'natural' honeycombs in place is always wear ur jeans on the same place e.g. hip, lower waist, etc

so if u decide to wear them lower one day and higher the other, the creases are gonna form differently and at different positions

PS. I love those honey comb in the pic, mine is totally different from those. Should i wear looser jeans?

yep that's HJJ's blog. some really great picture posts up there, as well as info.

i've more or less found that my use of starch coincides with his...

tnf the shape of honeycombs often depends on the fit of the jean, if your jeans are very slim the combs will become more clustered and starts to look like parallel lines. a looser pair will form something like the picture...too loose and you'll need more wear to get nice combs.

thanks TIP i asked this cos i'm considering in getting a pair of SC40401 (Hawaii hair on hide blend indigo) I'm not sure what size should i get. His blog make me want to wear them baggy. one quick question. Are they gonna fade like sysnthetic indigo or natural indigo. I love fading of sysnthetic but fabric and detail of hawaii are killing me.