Dior Homme Denim (FAQ ON FIRST PAGE - read me)

sXXXe

Sweet, thanks brother!

My mate will be heading to Hong Kong in a month or two so I'll get him to take a look for me!

The United Kingdom has a 17.5% Value Added Tax which you can collect by a credit to your credit card account when you leave the country. You may not be able to collect the full 17.5% due to administrative charges but it would still be a more than 10% discount.

Hong Kong does not have such sales tax. No idea about New York though.

Anyway I am leery about buying Dior Homme jeans without trying them because the fit is very dependant on what is your size.

so I got a cool Arc-AAA mini flashlight and in an attempt to get some cool fade I carried it with me in the coin pocket... after a day and inserting/removing the flashlight a few times, I managed to fuck up the chainstitched upper stitching on the coin pocket!! at first only one of them was gone, and now I'm missing about an inch of orange stitching!! haha, should I get it stitched back up at a tailor or just let it be? :)

Thanks for the info beast!

Luckily, I've already tried them on (they stock them here in Melbourne) so I'm pretty sure a 28 should do me fine. I'm just a cheapskate so I don't wanna pay the price they are here!

If I'm going to get my mate to pick 'em up, I'd probably go back to the shop here and try 'em again to make sure ;)

Thanks for the info beast!

Luckily, I've already tried them on (they stock them here in Melbourne) so I'm pretty sure a 28 should do me fine. I'm just a cheapskate so I don't wanna pay the price they are here!

If I'm going to get my mate to pick 'em up, I'd probably go back to the shop here and try 'em again to make sure ;)

Well, if you really want to do it this way, when trying the jeans, please note the exact number (reference or model) of the jeans so your mate can pick the exact one.

Not too long ago, I saw 2 pair of jeans which to my untrained eye looked exactly the same until I asked the sales assistant & he pointed out some details on the bottom of one of the legs, which I did not notice.

Its a real bummer to buy something without sight & then be stuck with something that is not exactly what you want.

The DH in Hong Kong is extremely expensive, it will run about 350 USD for a pair of the raws I think.

Really? I would guess with the competition between Dior Homme & Joyce, they will cut the price by a bit.

Would the Joyce warehouse have the past season of Dior Homme jeans? I did notice Joyce still have Dior Homme jeans in popular sizes at the tail end of their last call sale.

Funnily enough I do have quite big thighs. Maybe the photos are a bit misleading, but they sure are as hell slim, well as slim as my Nudie Slim Jims. I bought my size which was a 31" as I couldn't size down due to the fact that they were sold out of the smaller sizes. However, when I tried on the 30" the Italian model, a while back, those were very tight on the thighs. So maybe if I did size down it'd have looked a lot more tighter! I prefer the "Slim" look to a "Skinny/spray on" look due to the large thighs I have. :) Yes they are the Japanese 19cms as I measured it up and checked the tags inside.

Man I wouldn't do it.

If you want to shrink the length, then it may go up a bit (it may not at all). If you want to shrink other areas then I'd say it's not worth it 'cause the denim will only stretch out like a day later. Generally sanforised denim will only shrink a tiny amount, and that can be overcome by stretching the denim while wet.

I tried hot washing a new pair of Edwins I got which was supposedly unsanforised (but I think it actually was sanforised and the store just didn't know their shit) and they didn't shrink at all. And I shrunk my APCs in a 60 degree wash but they just stretched right back out straight away.

Guest Fade to Black
What are peoples thoughts if I were to put these jeans in a 90 degree celsius wash, without any washing powder etc?

don't do it! that will spell doom for the jeans...just wear them as they are.

I was reading a book titled "JEANS" today...and the author went in depth as to what the wabi-sabi concept was (I had never fully understood the meaning up until now). Basically it is about finding beauty in things as they are currently, even if it is a state of decay/imperfection. So embrace those jeans as they are now, and rock out!

how come these look so baggy in the thighs? I've seen some other pics of people wearin 19s around here and they look like straight leg jeans...how tall are you? My size 32, 21 cm Japanese raw jeans fit a lot slimmer than that.

I think I know the answer to this, try pulling yours down a couple of inches and you'll notice, the higher you wear them the tighter they are in the thighs, surprisingly big difference.

if I pull mine up just an inch they are skin tight on the thighs, they narrow down so it depends on the height you wear them. also if you're taller your thighs are likely to be longer too = same effect.

oh and jsut for the record, I'm not saying that either way is the right way or anything, just guessing that this is what causes the different looks/fitments :)

rir, I wouldn't wash them in that warm nor put them in the washer cause it always stresses them a bit more than just soaking. I'd just soak them in warm-hot if you want to try that, I soaked mine in warm when I got them.

finally, my italian 19cm dior came in the mail today. They are a lot less tapered than the Japanese and they are very dark as compared to my APC NS. pardon me for the poor quality pics and the stupid stains on the mirror. i took the pics in a hurry.

denim: indigo

made in: Italy

model: 19cm

size: 27

waist: 38 cm across

hem: 18 cm

diorhomme.jpg

su8m3rg3d, those look good. I'm a bit thrown off by your measurements though, since they are 27's.

I was flip-flopping on 27's or 28's earlier in the week and ordered some black Diors in 28, really wanted to do 27 but it was risky since I can't send anything back from here.

BTW, I tried (or tried to try) on New Cures today, in sz 28. They are definitely much much tighter in the legs than Diors, all the way down, and i could barely get them past my knees. The hems of Dior 19's and New Cures are probably about the same, but I was just surprised at how sprayed-on looking the new Cures were, at least on my calves, because that's as far as they'd go up on me. Definitely not in the same sizing scheme as New Standards at all, when I have more time I might go back again and try something at natural waist size and see how they look, but they're just a totally different jean from the Diors.

su8m3rg3d, those look good. I'm a bit thrown off by your measurements though, since they are 27's.

I was flip-flopping on 27's or 28's earlier in the week and ordered some black Diors in 28, really wanted to do 27 but it was risky since I can't send anything back from here.

BTW, I tried (or tried to try) on New Cures today, in sz 28. They are definitely much much tighter in the legs than Diors, all the way down, and i could barely get them past my knees. The hems of Dior 19's and New Cures are probably about the same, but I was just surprised at how sprayed-on looking the new Cures were, at least on my calves, because that's as far as they'd go up on me. Definitely not in the same sizing scheme as New Standards at all, when I have more time I might go back again and try something at natural waist size and see how they look, but they're just a totally different jean from the Diors.

i was in the same situation as you before i order those off rakuten but i always believed in getting a smaller size for raw denim since they will stretch out anyway.

Well I have 29's in the 19cm and I'm getting 28's in the 19cm sometime next week. I have super skinny legs that even New Standards look baggy on, but those New Cures in 28 were just so tight on me, it was amazing. They would've looked sprayed-on and twisted and bunched to my crotch had I been able to get them past my mid-thighs, where they got stuck. I think my problem was that i saw the tiny hem and they looked do-able, but since they're straight legged and not tapered like Diors, it was an illusion. I seriously wouldn't even buy these for my girlfriend now, seriously doubt that a woman with any semblance of an ass could get these buttoned.

I'm still looking for something that fits like these Diors, but there really isn't anything. The Dior taper/length/boxy crotch X rise/back yokes and pockets, it's a unique combo.

nlim where did ya get ur diors? not in SYD rite?

yeah, ordered them from luisaviaroma. never had a chance to try them on because there isn't anyone in syd who stocks them. I decided to size one down from what my normal waist size and really happy with my purchase. definately worth the 400AUD it worked out to be after exchange rates...never had a better fitting pair of jeans in my life

dismal i've got the new cures in 27 but they dont seem to be as tight as u've described, i mean the thighs are a bit tight at the beginning but it streches out rather well

so the diors are roomier in the thigh but the leg opening is small

also, if i am looking for a pair with a hem of 17-17.5 cm, what sz in the Jap 19cm would i go for?

BTW, wats ur specs? (height/weight) if u dont mind me askin

I'm 175cm, but I don't know my metric weight. It goes between 130-135lbs, I'm a skinny guy. My legs are particularly skinny.

If you want something with a 17c+m leg opening, I figure all of the Italian 19cms would be ok, maybe barring the 26" tagged models. Maybe I tried on a freak New Cure 28 or I was rushing it too much but Diors have tended to just slide on me with no problem, and still look skinny. I've tried all of the F/W06 Diors on recently, and the waxed Luster ones are the ones with the smallest measurements. They still went on me easily, nothing like trying to wrestle with those New Cures.

Mike Lowrey got it spot on when he was talking about Diors looking looser in the thigh when worn lower, tighter and skinnier when higher. I really think they should be worn lower anyway, as the back rise is so high on Diors that they look unnatural hiked up that high anyway, at least on the shorter guys like me.

^ but how abt the jap 19cms? my true waist is abt 30 and i tend to size down 1 or 2 if they are raw? so wat sz would u recommend in the jap19cm for me?

i'd love to try them on but not a chance that i'll get that here