MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: J Crew vs raw MF chambray sizing

The L washed MF chambray that I just received from J Crew has the exact measurements of a raw M.

It also has the same measurements as my white M chambray that was originally from J Crew, but ignore this. It must have been an older one that was somehow mis-tagged.

Re: J Crew vs raw MF chambray sizing

The L washed MF chambray that I just received from J Crew has the exact measurements of a raw M.

It also has the same measurements as my white M chambray that was originally from J Crew, but ignore this. It must have been an older one that was somehow mis-tagged.

Damn. I soaked my raw M chambray and it is too tight in the chest. It did not shrink much width-wise (only 0.5") in chest, but it shrunk quite a bit in the length (2"). Had I gone with a large it still would have been too long on me. I guess the shirt is just cut really slim.

If anyone is interested in a M white chambray let me know.

Thanks, guys :)

PP- I'm sorry to hear that :( Yeah, they are slim, which is perfect for me. I was thinking I needed MTM white and blue chambrays, but these are just right on me.

so, as much as it pains me, I think I'm going to sell my dungarees. They are fantastic, but I've literally worn them out of the house once since I've had them and they've been hot soaked so I can't return them to SF. I've decided that not only could I really use the money (hello plane ticket to LA) they simply don't fit me quite right. After countless sessions in front of a full length mirror I've come to the conclusion that they basically fit fine from the mid thigh down, but the waist is simply a touch too big, and given that they will stretch it seems silly to keep them. They are a size 36, if anyone in here is interested I'll be taking offers until they go up in supermarket, which will happen as soon as I get around to it...

measurements here.

photos here.

so, as much as it pains me, I think I'm going to sell my dungarees. They are fantastic, but I've literally worn them out of the house once since I've had them and they've been hot soaked so I can't return them to SF. I've decided that not only could I really use the money (hello plane ticket to LA) they simply don't fit me quite right. After countless sessions in front of a full length mirror I've come to the conclusion that they basically fit fine from the mid thigh down, but the waist is simply a touch too big, and given that they will stretch it seems silly to keep them. They are a size 36, if anyone in here is interested I'll be taking offers until they go up in supermarket, which will happen as soon as I get around to it...

measurements here.

photos here.

im interested

I must have missed something, because I thought zissou was jokingly putting on too many MF items and taking a picture. The idea being that he was overdoing it.

I must have missed something, because I thought zissou was jokingly putting on too many MF items and taking a picture. The idea being that he was overdoing it.

+1. All of the people commenting "great fit" have been drinking too much of the Mister Freedom water.

zissou, Chambray x CPO x Long Sleeve x Signal Vest x Pea Coat x 7161?

Just posted a blog post about that issue yesterday. I really enjoyed the interview, myself.

+1. All of the people commenting "great fit" have been drinking too much of the Mister Freedom water.

zissou, Chambray x CPO x Long Sleeve x Signal Vest x Pea Coat x 7161?

Hah, yeah it was a bit of a joke fit, I'll admit. I was trying to see how many layers I could possibly wear. It was such a shitfest over on styleforum today, that I thought I'd provide a little comic relief. Did get some +rep though, LOL. One +rep warned me that it was nearly SZ cosplay, so I guess he got the point :)

It was: deadstock tee (no vis) x denim utility shirt x tube-body thermal x signal vest x p coat x 7161

Six pieces, four of which were denim. The only other possible additions would have been a bandana or Road Champ boots, neither of which I own.

You gotta admit, though, it is kinda awesome in a ridiculous way, no?

Yeah j crew mens shop on broadway, sorry for any confusion, also picked up the inventory magazine at self edge...

Thanks Akuma, for the heads up. Got a Foul Weather Coat headed my way! I'm pretty excited. I talked myself out of it last year, regretted it ever since, and figured I'd have to crawl eBay or wait for someone to sell one here.

I called the Men's shop; they had 3 left (now two, since I bought one). Mine's a size 42, I'm not sure what the other two sizes left are...

I'll do my best ! My camera might not be up to an extremely detailed review, but I will take the best pictures I can, that's for sure. If they ship it today like they said they will, I might have it by Saturday (UPS Ground) or Monday. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I hope that isn't to big for you jake. Mine is a 40 (per Kiya's recco) and it fit's perfectly. Be prepared to make "crinkly" noises the first few dozen times you wear it.

The liner does become softer and stops making noise later.

A chest measurement of 48 (which is what Selfedge says it is) should work fine for me. I'm a 44 in a lot of other jackets. 24 inches pit-to-pit should be perfect.

....hmmm - I guess I should ask before sending it back. Picked up the pre-washed white chambray utility shirt during that last Jcrew sale. Any chance this will stretch out a tad with wear or if I were to soak it and wear it wet? It fits, but I would be far more comfortable with keeping it if I knew it would stretch out a half size or more. Really nice shirt I have been lusting after for a while so I want to keep it if at all possible. I knew I risked it being too small but I was clinging to the hope that maybe (just maybe) I would get something that was sized a bit larger(like what Zissou experienced with the first one he ordered from Jcrew)...

...so do those of you with the Chambray shirt notice it has stretched out with extended wear and wearing while wet(maybe that only works for jeans).

If you wore it wet, it would stretch a tiny bit, but you run the risk of it pulling on the buttons in front. I definitely don't think it would stretch a half size, though. FWIW, both of mine measure exactly the same, so the white one must have been a L that was tagged M.

You should try exchanging it for one that is a size larger just to see. You could always return it if you thought it was too big. For what it's worth, they are all pretty slim, or would one size up be too long?

I have to say, the fit of mine are absolutely perfect. I don't think I could have done any better with a MTM shirt.

True. You should try out a standard Sugar Cane or Buzz workshirt or something. MF chambrays are so slim, relative. Of course, they aren't MF, though

What am I thinking? I have your shirt measurements around here somewhere... FWIW, MTM is about the same price, if a little cheaper. Not sure if you saw my reply, but the package has been located and is on its way to me.